• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

I think this debate will probably keep going in circles. Apart from his assist I thought Soldado was pretty anonymous, but you think he was great. If Ade had played like it he would have been slaughtered. Like I said differant opinions.
Pros and cons to be taken from the game ruined by some poor reffing decisions.
Anyway onto the nexy game
COYS

As people have said verbatim... nobody slated Ade after his first game when he failed to score. Have you got that? Nobody!

By the way I would also agree with DubaiSpur give hime the next few starts and if still no goals drop him to 3rd choice. As previously said anyone should be starting over Ade on recent performances.

Just finished watching it on replay. Well that hurts............a lot. What a difference a decent striker makes to a team. I said at the start of the season that our 3 strikers would NEVER score enough goals for us to challenge for top 4 and my view has'nt changed. By Jan we will be too far adrift for it to even matter in the transfer window.

Poch has to shoulder somd blame. We have basically wasted the first 2 months of the season with Ade as first choice and that it is down to him. Also his subs are, frankly, ludicrous. How Townsend continues to get game time staggers me.

It says everything about us that we lose 4-1, our keeper was our best player or it could have been double that, yet it was actually our best peformance of the season. Only Spurs eh ?

Sigh !

Result was flattering as I thought we played well in parts, better up front than in the middle and not enough protection at the back.

Part of me feels that poch got this wrong - I think we should've gone for a similar approach to the **** game, tight and compact at the back and hitting them on the break. They looked weak at times defensively and fair play we hit the ball forward a lot quicker and earlier today but at times when we lost it a simple ball over the top put us right under pressure with just out 2 slow cb tying to contain aguero.

Still not enough hard working across the whole team- if we're going to press teams high great but ffs get back and defend as well!

The season has a bit of a 'one step forward two steps back' feel to it.

I never said he was great, but it was the best performance from a Spurs striker THIS SEASON, which isn't saying much, but it justifies playing him today and giving him another chance next week.
Jurgen I agree with you we certainly have not seen any great games from any of our strikers this season but he should definately start the next couple of games

Started brightly, made some promising chances, but defensively very poor and failed to make the best of many situations. Our one- and two-touch play still leaves a lot to be desired and ultimately, our lack of genuine quality in key areas is what told. On the other hand, I suppose the one positive about having a squad filled with so many meh players is you couldn't really care less if any of them get sold.

B0PL1BACAAAwZId.jpg

Not downhearted at all really by that performance, we were well in it and causing problems right up to the sending off. Onwards and upwards.

I've seen Kane play better for at least one Spurs game this season than Soldado did today. That penalty miss by him was awful and completely negated what was a good performance by him up to then. Did he lose his nerve, was he overconfident, whatever the reason it cost us the game IMO, because if that goes in I think we'd have got a draw.

Hope Kane starts on Thursday then if he plays well, also plays on Sunday, with Ade if necessary.

I've seen Kane play better for at least one Spurs game this season than Soldado did today. That penalty miss by him was awful and completely negated what was a good performance by him up to then. Did he lose his nerve, was he overconfident, whatever the reason it cost us the game IMO, because if that goes in I think we'd have got a draw.

Hope Kane starts on Thursday then if he plays well, also plays on Sunday, with Ade if necessary.

Its one of those penalties where if the keep guesses the wrong way - its an excellent penalty. Unfortunately Hart guessed the right way. It lacked any pace and power but like I say, one of those penalties that is hit and miss and banks on kepers guessing the wrong way

Its one of those penalties where if the keep guesses the wrong way - its an excellent penalty. Unfortunately Hart guessed the right way. It lacked any pace and power but like I say, one of those penalties that is hit and miss and banks on kepers guessing the wrong way

Typical that clown has been **** of late but he made a couple of top class saves today. The one from Soldado was top draw and the opening chance for Mason, could have been been a game changer.

Not downhearted at all really by that performance, we were well in it and causing problems right up to the sending off. Onwards and upwards.

Exactly you have to look at whether or not we looked like we showed promising signs and I think we all can agree we did. We could have scored 3 or 4 ourselves quite easily today. They got away with it massively. Our finishing does need working on though. Mason's chance was a sitter. But he played very well

Agreed. I have seen far worse.
Better than Aguero's miss too...

Yep, but usually Soldado waits till the keeper has commited himself, IIRc. It was a poor penalty IMHO.

Set up the goal.

Set up Mason for a one on one which he missed from about 12 yards out.

Won the penalty.

Overall play v.good and actually stayed in the centre like a striker is supposed to. No wonder Eriksen doesn't have many assists with Adebayor basically playing as a winger.

Plus hit an excellent left footed volley which Hart saved luckily with his legs.
Played well overall despite missing the pen, but he did win it himself.

I think, i Know how to improve him, bearing in mind that technically difficult volley:
Play with a strike partner so that he is more in the box and can play off him. Surprisingly, seems to play well with Ade e.g. Versus Southampton last season.
Play left footed winger on left side who wants to cross and right footer on right side. He needs crosses not wingers coming inside and shooting or getting tackled.
Midfielders playing the effective ball instead of the 'showy' more difficult or impossible ball. I call Eriksen and Lamela the 'Quantum tunnellers', as they seem to think they can get the ball through the mass of the player and it will emerge on the other side.

We need people making better decisions in general.

the difference with soldado, and the main reason we looked more fluid today imo, is his decision making, most things are first touch which obviously is harder to defend against as the ball

Back