• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs The mighty roosters ***

Well, the counterargument would be that we should always be looking to get better, and buying someone to relegate Kulu to the bench is what big clubs do.

Not saying it's realistic with the owners we have, but that may change and then that would maybe be more realistic.

As for Zaniolo, he has two exploded knees - a player with not one but two ACL injuries before hitting 25 is scary to me.
It won’t change under our owners and our owners won’t be going anywhere.
My only hope now is a pulling off some sort of miracle in the champions league final. Then all is forgiven and I’ll never moan again

We don’t but I’d be extremly surprised if he did agree to Spence as our only signing at right wing back given his comments and reluctance to use him.
I wouldn’t
I mean he kept on playing royal when he was having mares rather than play anyone else
He is sticking with Hugo and son despite their clear demise right now
Nothing would shock me with conte other than him once saying it was his fault

Well, the counterargument would be that we should always be looking to get better, and buying someone to relegate Kulu to the bench is what big clubs do.

Not saying it's realistic with the owners we have, but that may change and then that would maybe be more realistic.

As for Zaniolo, he has two exploded knees - a player with not one but two ACL injuries before hitting 25 is scary to me.
One ACL on each knee isn’t really a worry. These days the knees are stronger post comeback from an ACL than they are before, I would only be worried if he’d had 2 in the same knee.
From what I have seen of Zaniolo I actually think he will be a central midfield player. He protects the ball really well and is a great dribbler. I think h could become a Dembele like player with better passing ability,

I wouldn’t
I mean he kept on playing royal when he was having mares rather than play anyone else
He is sticking with Hugo and son despite their clear demise right now
Nothing would shock me with conte other than him once saying it was his fault
But then if we follow your theory through why would he then agree to Spence as the only right wing back signing. Tbf I honestly don’t think that Royal has been as bad as many make out, he’s decisively sound but just not an attacking outlet. Not saying he’s the answer but the way he is ridiculed is over the top in my opinion.

Hugo, I don’t think anyone expected this sort of downturn where he seems to cost us on a regular basis, mind you Forester’s one league appearance against Brentford didn’t fill me with much confidence either. It’s a difficult one but I would tend to agree with you and give Forster a chance.

As for Son, yes it’s stinks that he’s starting, he’s been woeful and now Richarlison is fit he should mix it up although Richarlison is wasted when he’s not through the middle as well… maybe 3 in midfield and then Kane plus Kulu is the answer for now

It won’t change under our owners and our owners won’t be going anywhere.
My only hope now is a pulling off some sort of miracle in the champions league final. Then all is forgiven and I’ll never moan again
It won’t
I agree
They just don’t have the money to push on to the next level

At half time we should have taken Son off for Sarr or Bissouma. Royal off for Richarlison. Gone to more of a 352 to get an extra body in the midfield. It was obvious City would come out stronger second half but we made no tactical adjustments. It’s poor from Conte.

When he gets sacked apply for the job ha

Sigh. Not a bad performance, but once again, our defense lets us down - once again, our midfield is outnumbered, and once again, Hugo Lloris and Son Heung-Min, once stalwarts, have proven liabilities.

One, maybe we can carry. Two of those, no way. Three of those, you are asking to be spanked, and we were in the end.

Conte's miraculous overperformance last year was built on a few players playing to their levels or overperforming, dragging up the useless wastes of space on our team behind them. Bentancur, Kulusevski, Son, Lloris, Kane, Romero, Dier, dragging up the crap like Sanchez, Davies, Sess et al.
  • Bentancur has been injured.
  • Kulu has been injured.
  • Son has become a useless waste of a spot, a pub player, but still keeps being played for some bizarre reason that only Conte knows.
  • Lloris - see above.
  • Romero - injured.
  • Dier - reverted to his default of being a lumbering waste of space.
  • Kane - only one performing to expectations.
A well-built system can carry a few underperformers, but Conte's 3-4-3 is not a well-built system - unless everyone is playing above par, it exposes absolutely everyone to immense amounts of pressure. Combine that with the collapse in form and it isn't hard to see why we are crumbling as miserably as this.

Is Conte to blame alone? No. In our previous window, we needed a top-class RWB and LCB and gave Conte a Champo bargain bin in Djed Spence and a cheap loan duffer in Clement Lenglet. Both of those have come back to haunt us. And we haven't learned brick, because we are two-thirds of the way through this window, and nothing has happened, as usual.

I think we're seeing the end of another manager, and it saddens me that this set of wasters in Spurs shirts will succeed in getting another one out. But truth be told, blame is shared on all sides - and this circus will go on and on and on until we get new owners.

Yes, I do think Levy has tried but at the end of the day the buck has to stop with the Chairman and the other Directors how the whole way things are being run and it has become a complete charade for this club. Anyway another couple of seasons with the club owners can't do us any harm can it,for us spurs fans..were used to it now!

Just a thought offcourse! a miracle may happen one day and we win something....but.a bit of a long shot...isn't it.

But then if we follow your theory through why would he then agree to Spence as the only right wing back signing. Tbf I honestly don’t think that Royal has been as bad as many make out, he’s decisively sound but just not an attacking outlet. Not saying he’s the answer but the way he is ridiculed is over the top in my opinion.

Hugo, I don’t think anyone expected this sort of downturn where he seems to cost us on a regular basis, mind you Forester’s one league appearance against Brentford didn’t fill me with much confidence either. It’s a difficult one but I would tend to agree with you and give Forster a chance.

As for Son, yes it’s stinks that he’s starting, he’s been woeful and now Richarlison is fit he should mix it up although Richarlison is wasted when he’s not through the middle as well… maybe 3 in midfield and then Kane plus Kulu is the answer for now
Today out midfield was fine before bentacur went off (a number of changes didn’t help) so as much as I’d like to see 3-5-2, 3-4-3 can be fine
But Richarlison has only had one game on the left and that is where he played most for Everton
It’s also where our passing dies currently because son is broken
Conte just plays him on the right again… that’s weird

To improve on Kulu your looking at very elite, expensive players or prospects to come good
That would also relegate Kulu to the bench
What we need is a comparable player who can come in for him and alongside him to change a game
Zaniolo is a great runner with the ball and is strong too
IMO he is potentially perfect for us
Shame he can’t play in goal though
Well I wouldn't be looking for a right wing forward in the first place !
We need a keeper , wing backs and at least one central defender urgently.

Today out midfield was fine before bentacur went off (a number of changes didn’t help) so as much as I’d like to see 3-5-2, 3-4-3 can be fine
But Richarlison has only had one game on the left and that is where he played most for Everton
It’s also where our passing dies currently because son is broken
Conte just plays him on the right again… that’s weird
I think Bentancur is a special player for us and elevates himself over the limitations of our system and the personnel but we have been overrun with him as part of a two as well until he’s had the shackles taken off. But yes there are bigger issues than the midfield. Defence, wing backs and goalkeeper upgrades are a priority

Is Kulus loan nailed on to be made a permanent ? I’m worried he’ll be off also this summer. We are a mess at the moment.

We paid a 10m fee apparently so i think that implies an obligation but could be wrong

Just my opinion.
I don't want Zaniolo. I don't believe he will Improve us at all.
We need to buy players that will improve the first eleven. Not squad players.

I'm not overly fussed with Zaniolo but at rwf we are short of cover - he provides that. At Rwb we require a first choice, Porro provides that - that's 2 squad issues and within that a starting player, signed vs a backup wide forward - which with Maryinelli & Saka Trossard certainly is

Back