• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs The mighty roosters ***

Will be interesting to see what Conte does.

I think he'll stick with 3-4-3, I wouldn't be against a 3-5-2, but I'm not convinced it would be better.

Some big decisions:
-Stick with Lloris or give Forster a go. I think he'll stick with Lloris.
-Bentancur back I hope. Sarr has been good, but will probably be Bentancur and PEH.
-Perisic or Sessegnon?
-Emerson or Doherty? I assume Doherty. Did well against Arsenal and has been good recently.
-Son or Richarlison? I think it's time for Richarlison if he's fit enough. But I think Son is the most likely.

Could really do with not handing them the first goal.
He can set up the team in whatever formation he wants, but eventually we'll end up playing 5-5-0, 6-4-0 or 7-3-0 for the vast majority of the game.

Last edited:
So here's what i would like:
4-2-1-3

Forster

Spence -- Romero -- Lenglet -- Davies

Bissouma -- PEH
Bentancur

Kulusevski Kane Richarlison

Here's what we will get:
3-4-3
Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Perisic
PEH Bentancur
Kulusevski Kane Son

Wouldn’t surprise me if we did play a back 4 tonight. Get a feeling Conte would do that just to go with what is being said even if that would massively backfire almost as if making an indignant ‘told you that it won’t work’ approach if we get battered 4 or 5-0.

I would like to see a back 4 personally but it all depends on how it is set up. Play a 4231 using Kane as the attacking midfielder nunber 10 and Richarlison as the striker.

Conte flipped the switch with Chelsea years ago against Arsenal when things didn’t go well, maybe today will be history repeating itself.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we did play a back 4 tonight. Get a feeling Conte would do that just to go with what is being said even if that would massively backfire almost as if making an indignant ‘told you that it won’t work’ approach if we get battered 4 or 5-0.

I would like to see a back 4 personally but it all depends on how it is set up. Play a 4231 using Kane as the attacking midfielder nunber 10 and Richarlison as the striker.

Conte flipped the switch with Chelsea years ago against Arsenal when things didn’t go well, maybe today will be history repeating itself.

Wouldn't just surprise me, it would shock me if we started in a back four. At some point during the game like against Chelsea, maybe...

With Chelsea Conte switched to his preferred back three formation. If anything I think the Chelsea experience has made him even more strongly attached to those formations.

A midfield three would be less surprising to me. And I wouldn't be against it. But it would surprise me somewhat as Conte has really one done that when he's been short on attacking options. Now we have Kulusevski and Richarlison back.

--------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Royal----Romero----Dier-----Davies--------------
---Bissouma---Bentancur---Hojbjerg---Perisic
Kulusevski-------------Kane----------------Son-------

Super-Wonky!
Hugo deserves to be dropped as does Son but don't think they will be. Royal to defend as that's his strong attribute giving Kulusevski and Perisic licence to support Kane and Son.

4-1 City (Haaland 3, Mahrez pen), Kulusevski for Spurs

Super-Wonky!
Hugo deserves to be dropped as does Son but don't think they will be. Royal to defend as that's his strong attribute giving Kulusevski and Perisic licence to support Kane and Son.

4-1 City (Haaland 3, Mahrez pen), Kulusevski for Spurs
Wow, even with twelve players we still lose 4-1:D….

I know we're playing badly and need all the help we can get but don't think City nor the FA will allow 12 players

So here's what i would like:
4-2-1-3

Forster

Spence -- Romero -- Lenglet -- Davies

Bissouma -- PEH
Bentancur

Kulusevski Kane Richarlison

Here's what we will get:
3-4-3
Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Perisic
PEH Bentancur
Kulusevski Kane Son

Isn't your first formation just a 4-3-3? 4-2-1-3 is an odd way to count that formation (imo).

I had to record the NLD as I had a trip in to hospital (not for me but for a family member) and the last few days have been a living nightmare with a few overnight stays as the staff don't really have it covered , it seems like watching the NLD was a bit of a nightmare too and I am now in a position to watch live tonight, hoping for a classic "pulling one out of nowhere" against City.

If not a result it'd be lovely to see a spirited performance please, COFYS

Back