• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project FFP & New York/Melbourne

I disagree. I think that the whole thing appears to be dishonest and potentially fraudulent. It is the first time that I am aware of something like this occurring but I expect the rules to changes as a result.

you could be right. the thing that makes me lean towards thinking that the saga has been innocent throughout is that i don't really see what Emirates Marketing Project have gained by signing lampard in this manner, as opposed to just signing him outright (i.e without any nycfc links). apart from maybe that they are "testing the waters" and seeing how the football authorities react to this.

I disagree. I think that the whole thing appears to be dishonest and potentially fraudulent. It is the first time that I am aware of something like this occurring but I expect the rules to changes as a result.

This.

you could be right. the thing that makes me lean towards thinking that the saga has been innocent throughout is that i don't really see what Emirates Marketing Project have gained by signing lampard in this manner, as opposed to just signing him outright (i.e without any nycfc links). apart from maybe that they are "testing the waters" and seeing how the football authorities react to this.

Emirates Marketing Project knew in the summer whether they held Lampard's registration or not.There is no reason for them lying about it back then.

Emirates Marketing Project knew in the summer whether they held Lampard's registration or not.There is no reason for them lying about it back then.

i don't think it really was a lie though.

i think everyone in the city group had the intention that lampard would end up at nycfc. but in the meantime, they put lampard at chelsea to keep up his match fitness. hence, the called it a "loan" as lampard would ultimately end up at nycfc. i suspect the reasoning was the same with david villa at melbourne fc too.

also, i think everyone at Emirates Marketing Project thought lampard would play a whole lot less than he has ended up doing. big teams around the world (not just in england) werent really fighting for his signature. i suspect the majority of top teams thought his career at the very top level was over having been released by chelsea. i have no real reason to doubt that this was also the view held by Emirates Marketing Project's management team too. thats why i think the "loan" to chelsea was purely to maintain fitness levels. but such is the talent and professionalism of lampard, i think he convinced pelegrini to keep him on until the end of the season during this loan period.

i don't think it really was a lie though.

i think everyone in the city group had the intention that lampard would end up at nycfc. but in the meantime, they put lampard at chelsea to keep up his match fitness. hence, the called it a "loan" as lampard would ultimately end up at nycfc. i suspect the reasoning was the same with david villa at melbourne fc too.

also, i think everyone at Emirates Marketing Project thought lampard would play a whole lot less than he has ended up doing. big teams around the world (not just in england) werent really fighting for his signature. i suspect the majority of top teams thought his career at the very top level was over having been released by chelsea. i have no real reason to doubt that this was also the view held by Emirates Marketing Project's management team too. thats why i think the "loan" to chelsea was purely to maintain fitness levels. but such is the talent and professionalism of lampard, i think he convinced pelegrini to keep him on until the end of the season during this loan period.
That does not stack up with their current story which is that his registration is held by City and not the City Group.

it sounds like everything is being done backwards, if they signed him on a free transfer from Chelsea why not say so

initially I thought they had done the NYC deal to keep his wages off their books but that obviously isn't the case now, I don't see any benefit to them lying about it

they could easily have said, he's signing a short contract here as he has decided he is signing for NYC on X date

Lampard was included in City's 25 man squads for the PL and CL. That's a bit extreme for just keeping fit, although it probably made no difference for the CL list.

If you want to look for a benign explanation, avoiding the animosity from Chelsea fans is a possibility. If he'd signed for City at the beginning of the summer it would have been acrimonious.

I think it clear that the Lampard signing was a big deal for City's new club. They couldn't have used him for publicity if he was signing for City first. The NY fans have reason to be upset.

I kinda think Emirates Marketing Project/ city group weren't trying to do anything malicious here.

i think lampard not having signed at all with nycfc (and only holding a contract at Emirates Marketing Project) could be a purely an administrative thing. international loans (between foreign teams) are technically full transfers from an administrative perspective. this is because there are no international frameworks for loans per se, and so teams just transfer the players ownership to the player's new club and make an agreement to sign the player back (on a permanent deal) once the player's "loan" period has ended. i've explained it very poorly here. but in contrast, domestic loans within england are "actual loans" because the fa have regulations in place that enable to borrowing of players.

in lampard's case, he wouldve signed with the city group and Emirates Marketing Project. hence he plays for Emirates Marketing Project today. but since his ownership is with the city group, i can see why they didnt make him sign with nycfc in the first place. since we wouldve had to tear up that deal to sign for Emirates Marketing Project anyway. from an administrative perspective, it would be smoother to make him have a deal with Emirates Marketing Project until January, and then sign a new deal with nycfc at a later date.

as it happens, the city group have decided to keep him at Emirates Marketing Project for an extended period of time, hence all the confusion and accusations surrounding whats occured. had his time with Emirates Marketing Project ended at the originally announced time, there would be no confusion whatsoever. and i genuinely think that lampard was only at Emirates Marketing Project until now to keep fit, as he would have had no football for months otherwise (like David Villa at Melbourne City). but his performances have been so unexpectadley good, that the city group have extended his "loan". hence, i dont think anything dodgy has taken place here.

having said that, with the city umbrella group, i think there is scope for the city group to bend the rules (particularly of ffp), and i suspect they will pursue avenues here to gain sporting advantages. and i can see why "fans" who have bought nycfc tickets and merchandise are annoyed.

You think we're more innocent than I do!

Back