• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Think he's a good case of a system making a player look unrecognisablely better and why we should have good scouting and listen to what the manager wants carefully. He really looked one of our best players yesterday even without the goal and right back, for me at least, is not an area we need to worry about anymore. Think we may need to buy at least one winger who is what Ange needs as not convinced Son is that.

Think he's a good case of a system making a player look unrecognisablely better and why we should have good scouting and listen to what the manager wants carefully. He really looked one of our best players yesterday even without the goal and right back, for me at least, is not an area we need to worry about anymore. Think we may need to buy at least one winger who is what Ange needs as not convinced Son is that.

If you don't think Son is the man for left flank, where would you play him? He's just been made club captain.....

If you don't think Son is the man for left flank, where would you play him? He's just been made club captain.....

This feels like an issue we might need to deal with soon for me too. Son mentioned that Ange wants him playing out wide,stretching the play (Something he said he used to do back in the day), but so far he's seemed to be playing too cautiously and not trying to go past his man. I dont know if he is still lacking confidence after coming back from last season where he was playing injured but if he doesn't find form soon he might lose his place. Let's see, its still way too early to judge and maybe against better sides that don't park the bus and come at us he'll have more space to attack the way he likes. Fingers crossed anyway.

This feels like an issue we might need to deal with soon for me too. Son mentioned that Ange wants him playing out wide,stretching the play (Something he said he used to do back in the day), but so far he's seemed to be playing too cautiously and not trying to go past his man. I dont know if he is still lacking confidence after coming back from last season where he was playing injured but if he doesn't find form soon he might lose his place. Let's see, its still way too early to judge and maybe against better sides that don't park the bus and come at us he'll have more space to attack the way he likes. Fingers crossed anyway.

I also think there was less space out wide than usual because Brentford had 5 at the back. Against 4 at the back I think there’ll be a bit more room for Sonny to build up a head of steam to run at people. Don’t think he’s ever been as effective beating people from a standing start.

I think Son's days may be numbered. He is best on the break really. Poch made Kaboul captain before axing him when he arrived, Ange has probably done it for political squad reasons. I don't know enough about Angeball to know if his wingers get crosses in or how they are supposed to play really. Neither Son or Richarlison have top level short passing games and if he wants from the fornt three I can't see it working that well.

Fluid movement is almost an understatement. I checked Udogie’s heat map yesterday and it shows almost as much action on the right as it does on the left. Unless I didn’t fully understand it. It had two green patches either side of the attacking half of the pitch.

As for Royal. I don’t think he’s awful. I want him to succeed. But we need to strengthen our right side defensively or every team we play will just get in behind on that side.
We played really high up almost to the half way like against a particularly fast opponent. Unless we get a literal speed demon there's no way to work around that. If we want the FBs high up the pitch and supporting in midfield they can't also be goal side of every fast attacker in every instance. Emerson's defensive strength and understanding is that despite playing infield he was still there challenging Rico Henry, who is just faster than him in a foot race. Not really a lot he could do in that situation.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Fluid movement is almost an understatement. I checked Udogie’s heat map yesterday and it shows almost as much action on the right as it does on the left. Unless I didn’t fully understand it. It had two green patches either side of the attacking half of the pitch.

As for Royal. I don’t think he’s awful. I want him to succeed. But we need to strengthen our right side defensively or every team we play will just get in behind on that side.

I always thought Royal was great defensivley but not so great going forward. Don't think we need any more RBs, we already have 3. I think the person he was up against was just a bit quicker than him but he should get better once he learns the system but did worry me a little he got cleanly beaten twice.

We played really high up almost to the half way like against a particularly fast opponent. Unless we get a literal speed demon there's no way to work around that. If we want the FBs high up the pitch and supporting in midfield they can't also be goal side of every fast attacker in every instance. Emerson's defensive strength and understanding is that despite playing infield he was still there challenging Rico Henry, who is just faster than him in a foot race. Not really a lot he could do in that situation.

Exactly, and he stayed with him, wasn't able to stop the cross but kept with him, kept him out wide, forced him to make a good cross.

Not sure what else people expect in that system?

I still think Emerson is a stopgap at right back. He's improved (vastly), but he's not a good passer of the ball; he's one footed and plays it too slowly. The gap between him and the best players in that position is pretty big. For this system to work well enough that we can take on and beat the best sides, I think we need a better player here long term.

Exactly, and he stayed with him, wasn't able to stop the cross but kept with him, kept him out wide, forced him to make a good cross.

Not sure what else people expect in that system?

Is this a trick question? In a one on one situation you want your full back to win the ball or at the very least stop the cross, obviously. "Forcing the opponent to make a good cross" is a new one, in the PL most forward players are going to put in a solid ball if you let them.

Aside from that he obviously had a great game. I had my doubts about the midfield position initially but then he banged one in to put me in my place! Too late to ponder but it was a damn shame Royal got injured when he did last season, he had already worked his way in to being one of our most consistent performers...

Man U will be a better test. Brentford's strategy is about sitting deep and hitting the quick counter. And Man U has much better defenders who press and transition into attack quickly.

Man U will be a better test. Brentford's strategy is about sitting deep and hitting the quick counter. And Man U has much better defenders who press and transition into attack quickly.
Aye, we will need to show a lot of awareness of the gaps that will appear. Fernandez loves to hit a first time ball into space so we need to be on our toes. At the same time they aren't likely to be as compact in defense hopefully allowing us a little more space of our own to transition.

Aye, we will need to show a lot of awareness of the gaps that will appear. Fernandez loves to hit a first time ball into space so we need to be on our toes. At the same time they aren't likely to be as compact in defense hopefully allowing us a little more space of our own to transition.

Wolves had loads of joy going forward, bodes well

Back