• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Edgar Davids new coach/player at Barnet

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
First steps on the ladder.

Good to know another ex player is getting into coaching, i always liked Davids if we have to have ex pros at the club i would rather have had him to sherwood or ferdinand. Who knows in a few years time when we will no doubt be looking for a new manager we might go in for him or poyet.

Good luck Edgar.

Re: Edgar Davids new manager at Barnet

He's going to lead the team together with Mark Robson, another former Spur

Legend

Has a winning attitude - had a massive effect on our team back in the Jol days. Gallas is the current equivalent of him in our team nowadays.

Legend

Has a winning attitude - had a massive effect on our team back in the Jol days. Gallas is the current equivalent of him in our team nowadays.

Yep, he actually is a winner. Redknapp thought he was going down that route by getting Nelsen, Friedel, Parker etc but they were more nice guy journeymen professionals that actual born winners/leaders the likes of Naybet and Davids were.

I still can't believe after coming off the back of an unbelievable loan spell at Barcelona he decided to come to us on a free transfer, I remember it like it was yesterday and his debut against Middlesbrough and THAT tackle on Parlour :)

I still can't believe after coming off the back of an unbelievable loan spell at Barcelona he decided to come to us on a free transfer, I remember it like it was yesterday and his debut against Middlesbrough and THAT tackle on Parlour :)

If you remembered it as well as you say you do you'd remember after his successful spell with barca he moved to inter Milan where he had a torrid season barely playing and then came to us on a free.

If you remembered it as well as you say you do you'd remember after his successful spell with barca he moved to inter Milan where he had a torrid season barely playing and then came to us on a free.

I stand corrected, I have missed a year of my life :eek:

I was actually told by a doctor that when i was having dizzy spells i could do with special glasses, he told me they were orange tinted and would stop making things blurry for me.

I said oh like the ones edgar davids wears, doctor did not have a clue who i was talking about, made my mind up about the fella right there and then.

Are you sure? I thought I was at his debut against Porto? (okay, a friendly)

Legend

Says it all, really. Cult figure, he was exactly the combative midfielder I wanted to see at the club back in those days. I'd have preferred the Barcelona version, but didn't mind the one we did get one bit.

He's a Spurs fan too, right? Which gives him extra credit and makes it more likely that he'll manage us in future if successful where he is.

I think there's more chance he'll replace Freund though. I think Freund will be offered a good management position, because of his experience, and so Davids could come in to be number 2.

they say his eyes are lasers and his glasses protect the public

Back