• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ebay, scam or go for it ?

No harm done

One thing to be very careful of is the 'section' that the seller lists the item in, as there are some sections in ebay that are not eligible for a paypal refund, and with it all being automated means that you have a situation where the computer says no, and you have no way of getting your money back under the 'paypal guarantee'.

I once had my e-bay account hacked.

But, rather than take from me, whoever did it put a bloody tractor up for auction on my account. And not a Corgi or Dinky toy tractor. A bloody big blue Ford thing.

So, rather than contact me first, e-bay shut down the entire account and said nothing. Took ages to find out what had happened and get everything back up and running. I wasn't impressed.

One thing to be very careful of is the 'section' that the seller lists the item in, as there are some sections in ebay that are not eligible for a paypal refund, and with it all being automated means that you have a situation where the computer says no, and you have no way of getting your money back under the 'paypal guarantee'.

All physical items are covered.

All physical items are covered.

Its not as clear cut as that, I had a situation where the seller listed the item in a category that wasn't covered by paypals refund policy even though it was a physical item, relating to football. After requesting the refund on Paypal, by entering the transaction id, it just kep saying sorry the item is not covered.

And as for ebay, they did absolutely nothing, even though the item was not as described. I even lodged a complaint to say the seller is trying to circumvent the refund process deliberately, which is against the rules, which clearly held no water.

Anyway, after threatening the seller with a negative feedback that would damage what was a respectable feedback score I received a prompt refund. Once the funds were safely returned, I just as promptly left the negative feedback, he closed shortly after. No doubt setting up another account as we speak.

Last edited:
I've used Ebay for around 5 years. Have around 300 feedbacks to my name (mainly a buyer than a seller of a ratio of about 10:1).

I have used Paypal for every transaction and have never had a problem.

You are going to get horror stories in any form of transaction based company.

I keep my Paypal balance at zero. When I purchase anything I do so using paypal to host the transaction directly from my registered bank account.

Just do your homework before purchasing. Feedback is there for a reason and if someone all of a sudden is selling an expensive item worth thousands when previously they have sold cheap penny items (to increase their positive feedback) then alarm bells should start ringing.

Its not as clear cut as that, I had a situation where the seller listed the item in a category that wasn't covered by paypals refund policy even though it was a physical item, relating to football. After requesting the refund on Paypal, by entering the transaction id, it just kep saying sorry the item is not covered.

And as for ebay, they did absolutely nothing, even though the item was not as described. I even lodged a complaint to say the seller is trying to circumvent the refund process deliberately, which is against the rules, which clearly held no water.

Anyway, after threatening the seller with a negative feedback that would damage what was a respectable feedback score I received a prompt refund. Once the funds were safely returned, I just as promptly left the negative feedback, he closed shortly after. No doubt setting up another account as we speak.

That's the beauty of feedback. Nobody can afford to receive a negative

Back