• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched him with Mexico, apart from a few highlights. Could it be they play him differently (more central?) and/or make him the focus of the team more?

I remember Warnock talking about Taarabt and how he built to team around him and made him feel important. Some players respond to that. There is no question that Taarabt looked a much better player than with us.

Anyway, it strikes me that he's been here too long without impressing and there are too many bad memories for him here. I think that means it will be too difficult for him to turn it around here and its better for a clean break. I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

In the Championship.

And for some reason QPR have given him a new contract and the number 10 shirt. What am I not seeing?

Dos Santos is probably the one player at our club that I have no idea how to feel about. Think I'm just gonna trust AVB on this one and agree with whatever he decides on.

How many regimes has he been here for? Still he doesn't get a sniff, get rid I say. It also seems every time he could get a fresh start he is with Mexico for some tournament. I don't see him training with us for a week or so and slotting into the side he will be an outsider yet again.

3 months of Ramos and 4 years of Redknapp.

3 months of Ramos and 4 years of Redknapp.

Thank GHod. Imagine if that fool Ramos had stayed, average lightweight footballers like Gio would have played a big part... And we'd have had serious relegation battles.

There is no reason to keep Dos Santos. He's failed at every club, even championship. Lets not get stupid and blame systems, language barriers or poor attitude... Overall he's just not very good.

Thank GHod. Imagine if that fool Ramos had stayed, average lightweight footballers like Gio would have played a big part... And we'd have had serious relegation battles.

There is no reason to keep Dos Santos. He's failed at every club, even championship. Lets not get stupid and blame systems, language barriers or poor attitude... Overall he's just not very good.

Except at Barca, arguably the second-biggest club in the world. Hmm....

I'd rather we gave him a chance and found that out for ourselves, as opposed to letting him go and watching him score floods of goals somewhere for the next decade or so, while we curse silently.

Except at Barca, arguably the second-biggest club in the world. Hmm....

I'd rather we gave him a chance and found that out for ourselves, as opposed to letting him go and watching him score floods of goals somewhere for the next decade or so, while we curse silently.

How did he succeed at Barca?

How did he succeed at Barca?

He was viewed as an ideal replacement for Ronaldinho at one point. Frank Rijkaard mentioned it a lot as well. He impressed in most of Barcelona's age groups and then performed well for the senior side, even if he didn't uproot any trees (hat-trick against Real Murcia notwithstanding). It was one of the reasons a lot of Spurs fans, me included, expected such high things of him.

Talent doesn't disappear. Sure, drive, work-rate, hell, even speed and strength, all these attributes can fluctuate. But innate talent, that ability to do fantastic things with the ball, that doesn't go away. And he showed at Barca and for Mexico that he had more than enough of that.

He was viewed as an ideal replacement for Ronaldinho at one point. Frank Rijkaard mentioned it a lot as well. He impressed in most of Barcelona's age groups and then performed well for the senior side, even if he didn't uproot any trees (hat-trick against Real Murcia notwithstanding). It was one of the reasons a lot of Spurs fans, me included, expected such high things of him.

Talent doesn't disappear. Sure, drive, work-rate, hell, even speed and strength, all these attributes can fluctuate. But innate talent, that ability to do fantastic things with the ball, that doesn't go away. And he showed at Barca and for Mexico that he had more than enough of that.

Hard work will always beat talent when talent doesn't work hard.

He's brick. Time to move on.

Would like to see him finally given a go in his proper position (right forward in a 4-3-3).

I'm more than happy to see him kept around for another year as cover for Rafa/Lennon. We've other more pressing priorities this window (2 forwards, new Modric and GK).

i agree 100% with GB on this comment

Half of you have no clue. He has not had a decent run of games in the side and saying he should take his chance when given is gonad*s. Obviously the same tossers who wanted to get shot of Bale when he did not perform early on and who now have his name on the back of their shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back