• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want QPR to get relegated?

Relegated QPR have insisted they will fight any attempt by the Football League to impose a fine on the club for Financial Fair Play breaches.

Legal proceedings between QPR and the Football League are still going on and an independent arbitration panel will decide on whether QPR are liable. The club could face a fine of up to £58m for FFP breaches but are challenging the legality of the rules.

A joint statement from QPR and the Football League said: “Legal proceedings are ongoing as between Queen’s Park Rangers and the Football League.

“QPR challenges the legality of the Football League’s Championship financial fair play rules and any charge against QPR (if any) for breach of FFP Rules shall not be commenced pending the outcome of that challenge.

“The proceedings are confidential in nature and neither party is entitled to comment upon the proceedings until the independent arbitral panel has delivered its decision.”

QPR did submit their 2013/14 accounts to the Football League – they were in the Championship during that season but were promoted to the Premier League – and at the heart of the issue is a £60m income injection classed as an “exceptional item” in the accounts which was to write off loans. Without that money being put in by the owners, the club would have reported a loss of £69.7m making them liable for huge FFP fines.

The Football League position is understood to be that such equity injections by club owners are not permitted and therefore the club should be dealt with as though it had made a £69.7m loss. It is over this issue that QPR have started legal proceedings.

Rangers were relegated following the 6-0 defeat at Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday and their former manager Harry Redknapp believes the failure hinged on failing to build a squad capable of Premier League survival last summer - when he was still in charge.

Redknapp told Talk Sport: “The thing they have got in their favour is they have a fantastic chairman, a good board, and they have got good supporters as well, who are very loyal to the club. But you have to be realistic. Nine of the eleven were playing in the Championship last year and, at the end of the day, we fell short. We weren’t good enough.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/11/relegated-qpr-fight-any-ffp-fines

It sounds like their worst nightmare doesn't it? I remember there being a discussion about whether the Championship could fine them heavily if they got promoted and left the football league. Now they are dropping back down and they can say to QPR.. ''Welcome back, By the way... Remember how you broke the FFP rules before you left.. well you still owe us a brick load in fines''

always amazes me how successful businessmen like fernandes are completely clueless when it comes to football, he's burned thru money and players he would never have done with his airline

always amazes me how successful businessmen like fernandes are completely clueless when it comes to football, he's burned thru money and players he would never have done with his airline

The only thing is, it's a different business. Fernandes can look at his biggest assets (planes) and know they cost X up front and Y per year to run. They come with maintenance contracts, gaurantees and insurance in case they fall out of the sky. Chris Samba came with fudge all except a manager's recommendation.

The only thing is, it's a different business. Fernandes can look at his biggest assets (planes) and know they cost X up front and Y per year to run. They come with maintenance contracts, gaurantees and insurance in case they fall out of the sky. Chris Samba came with fudge all except a manager's recommendation.

furthermore, tony fernandes isnt trying to run qpr with the same objectives as air asia; with air asia, its probably all about profit. with qpr, there are sporting aims he is striving for; and fernandes is willing to forego monetry profits to acheive these aims. so you cant really compare these two business operations by the same barometer. for many owners of football clubs, football is exactly about "burning through money", as shown by todays retraction of ffp. so i dont think its fair to critisize fernandes on this basis. tbh i dont think fernandes has done much wrong (from a financial perspective). the only criticism that you could lay at him is that he hired some rubbish managers to spend his money. other than that, hes pretty much the dream chairman. someone who is willing to back a manager financially so that the club can aim to match the fans' ambitions.

on a side note, i really like the guy, and hope that qpr can bounce back. football could do with more owners like him imo. he appears to fully immerse himself in the culture of the club too. interacting with fans, and empathising with them. its just unfortunate that some of his managerial appointments didnt come off. i really think if he had hired someone like poch (amongst many others), qpr couldve really done well over the past few years.

Back