• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

I think you would be laughed at, at a senior level if you did that. It’s probably why levy takes longer because he uses a smart man’s tactics
That’s commodity buying basically
Buying a player is buying a service through a tri party relationship
Player has to want the move and the clubs have to be happy with the price… all motivation driven for different reasons
Any given market is driven by buyer and seller plus rarity value… hence the premium for certain things
It’s why we paid more like for like for Richarlison than sterling or Jesus are going for… other variables in play. Contract length, so by default players motivation… means the selling clubs hand is slightly weaker
I doubt we negotiated with Everton and said Jesus is available for £45m so you must reduce your price…

Sterling/Jesus and Richarlson aren't comparable due to the variables though so not sure what point you think you're making there.

Jesus and Richarlson aren't comparable due to the variables fhough so not sure what point you think you're making there
The variables are?
Selling club
Buying club
Player
That’s it
My point is you can’t compare Fees and values clubs put on or pay for a player as everyone is unique
You are buying a service. A commitment to pay for that service for a period of time at a level you believe or hope will be capable lf being good enough for you. It’s not a commodity purchase
Pool we’re happy to put a price on a player they we’re happy to sell. A club thought that price was right so are paying it
We put a price on kanes head last season… no one agreed with it so didn’t pay it.

The variables are?
Selling club
Buying club
Player
That’s it
My point is you can’t compare Fees and values clubs put on or pay for a player as everyone is unique
You are buying a service. A commitment to pay for that service for a period of time at a level you believe or hope will be capable lf being good enough for you. It’s not a commodity purchase
Pool we’re happy to put a price on a player they we’re happy to sell. A club thought that price was right so are paying it
We put a price on kanes head last season… no one agreed with it so didn’t pay it.

Contract length
HG status
Age of player
Ability
Potential
Experience

In this instance if Gibson thinks Spurs are low-balling him a transfer like the Liverpool to Forest one will help steele his resolve on his valuation. Conversely if he was asking for a stupid price, say double that of Williams, then Spurs might be pointing to it as an example of market value.

Contract length
HG status
Age of player
Ability
Potential
Experience

In this instance if Gibson thinks Spurs are low-balling him a transfer like the Liverpool to Forest one will help steele his resolve on his valuation. Conversely if he was asking for a stupid price, say double that of Williams, then Spurs might be pointing to it as an example of market value.

well he is “rumoured” to be asking £20m for a player they don’t want. One they put on loan last season as they didn’t rate him (rumours in the game). That doesn’t give him a strong hand
The player what’s Tottenham only by all accounts and has his eggs in that one basket
We want him as an unproven championship player not wanted his club
Conversely Williams has played for pool in the prem and is a full international. I didn’t read anywhere (didn’t look though) that they didn’t want him.
So straight away the influencing factors are different

Contract length
HG status
Age of player
Ability
Potential
Experience

They had a fee agreed with forest, we matched it. Then they asked for more.

They had a fee agreed with forest, we matched it. Then they asked for more.

Yeah, Gibson thought he could rinse some extra out of us as we are a richer club - Levy won't want to be taken for a ride and the original value put on Spence seems fair

The variables are?
Selling club
Buying club
Player
That’s it

It's possible to compare things that aren't exactly the same.

Every player is unique, but there are similarities too. If other clubs are willing to pay more for players at a similar level clubs will ask more for their players at that level. We won't necessarily pay that, but clubs will ask more.

A total fee of 20 million has been reported as agreed for weeks, although every time it's followed by a complete quiet. Are we now offering more than that or are we willing to pay more up front, which seems to be something that Boro desperately need to fund some purchases.

Impossible to know for sure of course.

Seems likely that there's a difference in what Boro want and what we're willing to pay, either total amount or the structure of the deal. The alternative is that we're working on another player or two that are also potential options seen as good choices.

I'm quite confident that if we really want this to happen we'll make it happen.

It's not because of a couple of million. If it was just that, my guess is it would have been done. It's some of the ridiculous add-ons that Gibson wants.

I mean, PL debut bonus??? What competition did they think we were going to play him in? And don't get me started about the rest.

This is a lose-lose for Boro. Player is not in their plans, player wants to move to Spurs, and if an agreement isn't reached they will be stuck with him and sell him for half the price to some other team in Jan or later this window. Really stupid of them and they might end up with a Berahino situation, because their chairman wants to play hardball with Levy.

It's not because of a couple of million. If it was just that, my guess is it would have been done. It's some of the ridiculous add-ons that Gibson wants.

I mean, PL debut bonus??? What competition did they think we were going to play him in? And don't get me started about the rest.

This is a lose-lose for Boro. Player is not in their plans, player wants to move to Spurs, and if an agreement isn't reached they will be stuck with him and sell him for half the price to some other team in Jan or later this window. Really stupid of them and they might end up with a Berahino situation, because their chairman wants to play hardball with Levy.

Maybe they have a Dortmund or some other interest in the background but know that he wants to join us so are just taking their time and trying to squeeze us for everything they can, knowing there is still plenty of time in the window.

Boro are trying to squeeze everything they can out of it, can't blame them I suppose, they don't give a brick about us getting people in before X date for our trip to Korea.

To them the deadline is still just under 2 months away, all the time in the world to see what they can get out of it.

Also downing. That was gibson too. We offered £13m. They wanted bale and a load of other stuff. We refused, they got relegated and sold him for £10m.

Boro are trying to squeeze everything they can out of it, can't blame them I suppose, they don't give a brick about us getting people in before X date for our trip to Korea.

To them the deadline is still just under 2 months away, all the time in the world to see what they can get out of it.

True. But we have 2 full internationals in that position. He seems to have eyes only for us. They need funds for their own transfers. We have other options.

We can wait till deadline day. They can't really. Does he even train?

They could have a million add on clauses if that's what they want. Just make them £5 each.

Back