• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I know what you're saying as performance wise for 90 minutes Eriksen hasn't really done enough. The problem is he has that X factor, his free kicks are exceptional most of the time and has the ability to just create that bit of magic out of nothing that only the top players can. This is required sometimes when things aren't going our way and why he has to be in the side - he oozes class....
To be honest, I'd take consistent good performance over X factor, because the X might not materialize and it's not guaranteed. Lamela has that X factor too, but was getting a lot of shtick until he upped his overall performance.

I really rate Mason too and feel he has been playing superbly and wondering if there is a way to fit both of them in the squad. Mason or Alli as a 10 perhaps, with the other playing from deeper? Of course that would mean dropping one of Eriksen/Lamela. Lamela to me is undroppable at this point, which leaves Eriksen. And going on form alone, dropping Eriksen would be justified, as unpopular as that might sound. There is enough creativity among the likes of Mason, Alli, Lamela, and Kane to compensate and it would improve our pressing, because let's be honest, Eriksen doesn't press as much as the rest of the team.

I can't post the chart the chart at the moment but it's silly to suggest that eriksen doesn't press as much as the rest of the team.

Last season he was quite high up in the distance covered lists. Are you saying he doesn't press as much as Chadli? You can't use this season as an example, as he's been injured for much of it.
If you're comparing his pressing to Lamela's, have you considered that maybe Poch doesn't want Eriksen pressing like a maniac at every moment, irrespective of what the tactical situation is?

I can't post the chart the chart at the moment but it's silly to suggest that eriksen doesn't press as much as the rest of the team.

Last season he was quite high up in the distance covered lists. Are you saying he doesn't press as much as Chadli? You can't use this season as an example, as he's been injured for much of it.
If you're comparing his pressing to Lamela's, have you considered that maybe Poch doesn't want Eriksen pressing like a maniac at every moment, irrespective of what the tactical situation is?
His pressing is lightweight compared to the rest of the players and the fact that he runs more than any other player doesn't necessarily translate to pressing more, but I'll concede the point that maybe that's how Poch wants him to play.

I do think @alekaras has a point though. Eriksen's pressing is not as effective as others, so he needs to ensure that he is more effective in the creative side to make up. What is good is that this season, we have other options available to us if Eriksen has a quiet game. Having that pressure on his place in the team, plus the runners of Son and N'Jie will mean that I really do think Eriksen will shine.

His pressing is lightweight compared to the rest of the players and the fact that he runs more than any other player doesn't necessarily translate to pressing more, but I'll concede the point that maybe that's how Poch wants him to play.

It's fair enough to say he doesn't press effectively, I interpreted your comment as a slight on his work rate. We're on the same page though!

I really think it's a case of the instruction, because there's no reason to suggest that he's not willing to press. Imo it might be a flaw to have the no.10 press in the same way as the wide players though, as it opens up a space in the middle - he's likely to be pressing holding midfielders or centre backs, who have a wider range of passing options than full backs. I'm not a football manager though, I'm just going on logic, so feel free to call me out if I'm talking out of my arse [emoji2]

Lets not beat around the bush, the guy is a very talented footballer but he is a pussy and doesn't like a challenge.

Alli's getting an England call up. Whilst I'm pleased for him I don't think it's right that he's in but Dier isn't, I'm sure Eric's time will come though.

Eriksen should be one of the first names ( along with Dier and Kane) on the team sheet for me. He has that little bit of magic that can unlock any defence and now we have runners ( Son and Nije) he should prosper.
Agreed 100% I also prefer him playing as the left sided attacker. He find a little bit more time and space out there than he does going through the centre. He also offers good work rate and helps out his full back far more than Chadli does when he plays on the left.

So he's in the England squad...did someone say a few pages back that in 18 months he might be pushing for it? lol.

Too early for Dele to be in the senior playing squad, but it won't hurt him to get a feel of the seniors.
I still think he needs to get some U21 games under his belt. He was less than impressive last time out for the U21's, mind none of the team were too hot.

England team for the Euros?

--------------Hart
Walker--Stones--Dier--Rose
--------Alli---Mason
--Townsend--Barkley--Ings
-------------Kane

Alli's getting an England call up. Whilst I'm pleased for him I don't think it's right that he's in but Dier isn't, I'm sure Eric's time will come though.

Probably something to do with turning down the under 21's because he didnt want to play fullback.

Back