• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

PELE ALLI. Nuff said.
Reminds me of the goal a 17-year old Pele scored in the '58 WC final vs Sweden. Caught the ball on his thigh, flicked it over a defender and one-timed it into the net. Only Alli's was from farther out and the skill to control and shoot it more difficult. :cool:

There's no guarantee he would have been given the same chance, with the same players around him and the same manager. It's just clicked for us thankfully.

Yeah, they can't even give Jordan Rossiter minutes (genuine RAWK quote). What chance would Dele Alli have?

A few months ago, people were saying not to hype him too much, not to place too much pressure on him. But now he's being compared to Pele and he's being predicted as the next coming of Christ etc. Let's all just calm down. But what a goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is exactly the sort of mass hype that goal deserved ... but yes let's chill as he got plenty of better goals for us to gush over

_87869908_baletweet.jpg

_87871966_glenn_hoddletweet.jpg

Poch: "I think it was fantastic, fantastic goal, great goal. I think that shows the moment he's in and the quality he has. It's a fantastic goal maybe seen around the world on TV because it was unbelievable.

"You expect always from the player you sign; good behaviour, professional, good quality but you know I cannot lie, I think that he surprised [us] all with the way he plays and the maturity he shows.

"We knew he was a player with unbelievable potential but I think he showed unbelievable maturity and quality. It's great to see him to play."

I saw this too yesterday !! Hoddlesque, Gazzaesque ... we have enough Legends of our own to compare him too. It is the Tottenham way !

I bet my mate was looking down on this and smiling, and we still have the FA, EL and League to look forward to this season ! Happy Days ;)

We won't keep him long enough

Unfortunately once the ecstasy of seeing that goal wore off, thats exactly what i thought, hopefully we'll have him at whl next season,depends if he has a stellar euro champs or not.

Unfortunately once the ecstasy of seeing that goal wore off, thats exactly what i thought, hopefully we'll have him at whl next season,depends if he has a stellar euro champs or not.

Hahaha are you crazy? There is no way he is going anywhere until summer 2018 at the absolute earliest.

By then he will have titles under his belt to keep him here ;)

Hahaha are you crazy? There is no way he is going anywhere until summer 2018 at the absolute earliest.

By then he will have titles under his belt to keep him here ;)

er ok, the way the boy is progressing, there is no way he'll still be with us by 2017, let alone 2018, your reals and barcas of this world would make player and chairman an offer they couldn't refuse.

er ok, the way the boy is progressing, there is no way he'll still be with us by 2017, let alone 2018, your reals and barcas of this world would make player and chairman an offer they couldn't refuse.
He has what.. 5 years on his contract?

Levy will simply not entertain offers when the player's value will only increase until he has 2 years left on his contract.

Think about all of our big players - they have all left at that point without exception IIRC (though I haven't checked...).

Moreover, he has no reason to leave. Why not stay here until he's 22/23 and much closer to the finished article rather than rotting on Madrid's bench?

He has what.. 5 years on his contract?

Levy will simply not entertain offers when the player's value will only increase until he has 2 years left on his contract.

Think about all of our big players - they have all left at that point without exception IIRC (though I haven't checked...).

contracts are meaningless, everyone is worth a price, levy is a businessman first and a football supporter second.

the boy is 19, look at what sterling did, i think he's the same age. Its not as if he came through our youth ranks or anything anyway, don't be naive.

Poch: "I think it was fantastic, fantastic goal, great goal. I think that shows the moment he's in and the quality he has. It's a fantastic goal maybe seen around the world on TV because it was unbelievable.

"You expect always from the player you sign; good behaviour, professional, good quality but you know I cannot lie, I think that he surprised [us] all with the way he plays and the maturity he shows.

"We knew he was a player with unbelievable potential but I think he showed unbelievable maturity and quality. It's great to see him to play."

Great advert for any young player we are thinking of signing

The hype will be intense now. How he reacts will define how good he is

I have to honest, goals and mentality - I don't know what kind of player is. All I know is he is a good player, but I can't quite work it out

contracts are meaningless, everyone is worth a price, levy is a businessman first and a football supporter second.

the boy is 19, look at what sterling did, i think he's the same age. Its not as if he came through our youth ranks or anything anyway, don't be naive.
Yes, everyone has their price, and yes, Levy is a businessman. But Alli's price will rise exponentially - no point cashing in early.

The only way I see any of our big players leaving in the next few years is if Pochettino goes.

With luck Levy will put his foot down for at least another season, but sooner or later the lad's head is gonna get turned and once that happens the game will be well and truly up, he'll be off just like Berbatov, Modric and Bale before him.

So why don't we all just sit back enjoy watching his sublime talents whilst he's with us and stop worrying about if / when he'll be on his way?

Back