• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

L

The bloke was targeted and scape-goated by the wan-ker who I knew would fudge us in several ways. Of course it will take time! But if he is given the time, he will show everyone again IMO. He is a special player!
He was poor before Mourinho ever took over. You're focusing too much on Jose and not enough on Dele himself.

I also don't really understand the lavish praise he's getting for yesterday. He was decent but just that.

He was poor before Mourinho ever took over. You're focusing too much on Jose and not enough on Dele himself.

I also don't really understand the lavish praise he's getting for yesterday. He was decent but just that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd been dropped from the England squad before Poch left.

The goals won’t be so important provided he improves his decision making and overall output. Even at his height I saw him as a player who scored brilliant goals but didn’t have much more to his game but there is no reason why he can’t adapt his game. Look at how many assists Kane gets these days for example. Son has also started to create/provide more and is more than just a streaky player who went off the boil regularly.
Disagree. Dele is excellent at providing the key pass. Look at the ones he has provided Kane with in the last few weeks for example.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd been dropped from the England squad before Poch left.
Definitely. Don’t get this flimflam that Southgate might take him to Euros. Southgate never used him properly, played him on midfield rather than off Kane which turned Kane into a foil for Sterling as he’d never get a pass back from him and Dele cannot really hurt teams from deep.

Prime Dele had prime Eriksen alongside him ... I suspect that is still the case and we need Lo Celso to step up to free Dele to the magic he is capable of.

Yeah, I don't agree he makes the team tick. He adds something to our game but he's not the engine.

Said it in the match thread, our tempo is still too slow and that is a problem for some combination of GLC/Ndombele/?

Yeah, I don't agree he makes the team tick. He adds something to our game but he's not the engine.

Said it in the match thread, our tempo is still too slow and that is a problem for some combination of GLC/Ndombele/?

I've not seen any chemistry between those two and Dele and it hink we might be better of selling one or both of them to invest in a proper player. or make way for someone who can - I suspect that Skipp could step up into the eriksen role. he's still young but seems to have mastered the base of the midfield position, who knows what's his limit!

I've not seen any chemistry between those two and Dele and it hink we might be better of selling one or both of them to invest in a proper player. or make way for someone who can - I suspect that Skipp could step up into the eriksen role. he's still young but seems to have mastered the base of the midfield position, who knows what's his limit!

Skipp is closer to PEH than an Eriksen.

The issue with Dele, Bale, Lucas, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bergwijn & Lamela isn't are they good players, they are (despite what people think), it's

- What system are we trying to play, and what is our expectation of the players
- What is the balance?

If you look at the pass maps under Jose, it was CBs -> out wide -> back in

pmede4u7mtl61.jpg

If you look at this last game we actually went through the middle (see below), in that model the CMs need to be more creative

53prgjg3vjz61.jpg

Disagree. Dele is excellent at providing the key pass. Look at the ones he has provided Kane with in the last few weeks for example.

Does he do that consistently? For me he doesn’t. I don’t disagree Mourinho treated him like a clam but he was already stalling before Poch left. His game hasn’t improved that much, his decision making needs to get better. Maybe his decline was exaggerated somewhat but I don’t see how you could make a case that he was improving year on year. He gradually started to decline from 2017/18 onwards. It wasn’t overnight.

The issue with Dele, Bale, Lucas, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bergwijn & Lamela isn't are they good players, they are (despite what people think), it's

- What is the balance?

pmede4u7mtl61.jpg

If you look at this last game we actually went through the middle (see below), in that model the CMs need to be more creative

53prgjg3vjz61.jpg
Yes. Two big differences....

1. One one central midfielder is being asked to sit deep instead of both of them as before.
2. The wide forwards are being asked to get themselves higher up the pitch to stretch the opposition more.

- What is the balance?

pmede4u7mtl61.jpg

53prgjg3vjz61.jpg

Nice maps. Agree with the interaction between players and the system. Under Mourinho, Son and Kane were clearly enjoying their game more though with the play building up from wide. I worry under Mason that Son and Kane are not enjoying their game as much.

The issue we have with our current players last and this season is the lack of forward movement. Eriksen not only played the early ball through but also ghosted forwards to be the extra man to score plenty.

Lo celso and N Domb don't. Moura loses the ball to often. Skipp was just a cheap option/experiment if we are really skint.

Personally I am unconvinced of both Lo Celso and N Domb and would sell them invest in an erikssen mk II (e.g. Norwhich's Buendia ) and we upgrade on glc/ndomb, and restore that higher performing Dele that we know is still in there.

I'm still not sold (I don't buy he's been brilliant, huge improvement but not brilliant)

- Energy is there, press is there, runs are there

But as you said, some sloppiness, odd pass decisions, turnovers ..

Last game will be an interesting test for him (I expect we will manage Villa), if he can turn it on against Leicester for a good 90 minutes would be a great indicator of how much he can contribute next season.

Pretty much how i saw it as well, IF he can keep the improvement going we may have a good player again. To be honest there are a few who hated Jose that much they are hyping Alli performances since Jose has gone.

That does not mean i do not want the OLD Alli back buts its far to early to suggest we have that. IMO

Pretty much how i saw it as well, IF he can keep the improvement going we may have a good player again. To be honest there are a few who hated Jose that much they are hyping Alli performances since Jose has gone.

That does not mean i do not want the OLD Alli back buts its far to early to suggest we have that. IMO

Nah, Jose is everything that's been wrong with this club for the last 3 years, that he was only here for half of that shows how much of a problem he was.

You mean haters just have to hate?

In my case, I am not afraid to hold my hand up. I said he was a bricky appt, I turned my head and did my bit as a supporter to support him -and even mitigate his consistently bricky work- and we still ended up going a few years backwards. As has been said, by me too, Dele did not so himself favours earlier this season, but let's have it straight, he was space-ghosted (essentially out Luke Shaw) and similar happened to Doherty and Bergwijn. You say "haters just have to hate" I say "denialists just have to deny" :)...

Nah, Jose is everything that's been wrong with this club for the last 3 years, that he was only here for half of that shows how much of a problem he was.

Just to point out, THIS season, 69 points is probably enough for top 4, with 70 guaranteeing. We have possibly the golden boot winner again PLUS we have 17 goals from Son. Poch's last four seasons saw
70, 86, 77 and 71. Mourinho got 59 last season (yes covid, etc, they were factors as they were for all clubs).

The truth is he wormed his way in by saying he could do much better with the squad and he has failed in all counts, improving nothing but ruining plenty. That is the hard reality.

What a relief to see true signs of Dele being Dele again because I honestly thought he has fudged him.

Back