• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Everton would be a good fit for him as it’s a hole they have in their squad

On the international front of personally have him over Mount who I just see as a workmanlike player. But Southgate has his plans and favourites and the less Spurs involved the better IMO

but the value of a player always comes down to what someone will pay. Dele is as mentioned still a marketable player, but he is also a bit of an enigma. Ours fans love him. Fans of other clubs I know loathe him and you don’t have that emotion behind a bad player, so that’s a compliment.
All the more reason not to sell him to them!

Southgate has been loathe to pick Maddison or Grealish regardless of their league form, perhaps Dele falls into a similar bracket either personality or style wise too. I don’t think he’s in charge of the team due to any tactical or man management strengths, more that he won’t bring the off the field attention the role draws from the press.

The biggest issue with his valuation for me is that he’s not playing - any asset that has been unused for a while being a an element of risk which is why I think a loan is the best bet for us, but that is based on my personal opinion that he still has a lot to give. I’d rather loan him and be proven wrong, even if he flops there will still be suitors at a lower price than we may get now, if he moves and tears it up somewhere else it would be a double whammy if it felt like we also gave him up on the cheap.

I reckon if we were looking to buy him it would be in the region of £15M, £20M max.

So long as he gets a good move I don’t really care.

It's really unfortunate that some of our best players can't command a decent transfer fee lately. Eriksen, Toby, Dele, Rose, etc. And yes,I know that Eriksen was running down his contract, Rose had issues, no one wanted Toby, but now Dele who should easily be fetching north of 50-60 million is also in the same category. Meanwhile Chelski sells Hazard for 90 mil, Chilwell fetches 50 and we'd consider ourselves lucky if we get 40 mil for Dele, who was worth over 90 mil a couple of years ago.

It's really unfortunate that some of our best players can't command a decent transfer fee lately. Eriksen, Toby, Dele, Rose, etc. And yes,I know that Eriksen was running down his contract, Rose had issues, no one wanted Toby, but now Dele who should easily be fetching north of 50-60 million is also in the same category. Meanwhile Chelski sells Hazard for 90 mil, Chilwell fetches 50 and we'd consider ourselves lucky if we get 40 mil for Dele, who was worth over 90 mil a couple of years ago.
The hazard one still annoys me, he only had a year left yet Madrid still paid close to 100m.

Has something changed in the world economy recently that might be part of the cause of this In Dele's case? Asking for a friend.

Maybe big clubs don’t want players with the wrong mentality...
They want winners first and foremost

Because every chance we have had to win trophies out players have crumbled
The comment was about ALL the players he was referring too e.g. Toby and Eriksen

I'd say the form of those mentioned, when it reached a time that we were prepared to sell, was the more clear and obvious reason for their value being reduced - that and their relevant contract siutations

I'd say the form of those mentioned, when it reached a time that we were prepared to sell, was the more clear and obvious reason for their value being reduced - that and their relevant contract siutations
Their contract situations should have made them more appealing but it didn’t
As I say, IMO clubs may look at the mentality of our players and go not for me...
hence why none go to the mega clubs anymore with the prices we ask

Their contract situations should have made them more appealing but it didn’t
As I say, IMO clubs may look at the meteorology of our players and go not for me...
hence why none go to the mega clubs anymore with the prices we ask

Eriksen and Tobys best days are clearly behind them mate, and that was obvious when we were finally looking to move them on.

Yet people thought eriksen would go to mega club and that Toby would be snapped up for a bargain £25m

Did they? Not how i remember it. I remember there being a fair bit of mocking of the idea that Eriksen was going to get a call from the elite sides and the best Alderweireld could hope for was a call from an out of sorts United

Back