• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I don’t think it is fair to say that this Dele has been poor this season. He hasn’t had a chance to be poor as the manager isn’t playing him (I think because he needs to generate funds to strengthen us at centre back and in central midfield so is trying to force Dele out as probably our biggest asset in terms of monetary worth who he doesn’t consider to be a first choice player).

Dele is an asset that needs to be considered in the conversation of full team, agreed.

I would put out there, if Dele had played in Europa like he did against Marine, he'd be in a different position. He may not have had many opportunities, but the few he did, didn't really force a change of position by anyone.

There is this, for all the talk about Jose being wrong to want to sell him (If it isnt Dele pushing for the move from the summer) he has been very average for a few seasons - even under mopo.

He is clearly a good player with ability and I don't think anyone would say he isnt, but the fuss over him not playing is OTT, saying that he should be in the squad.

But we don't know why he isnt, both Jose and Mopo got stick for selecting CE - if the situation is the same people cant then say he should be selected.

It is OTT and to be honest i think most of that fuss is being made by those that did/do not want Jose here. So they need to make Alli their their side.

Manager sees all in training.
Also I do not think that playing matches means safe.
Dele played a lot last season and we have a better points aggregate this year without him. A case can be made that he isn't performing at a sufficient level.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Do not disagree with you over that, but i really think the main reason is that his way of playing does not fit us at this time.

Manager sees all in training.
Also I do not think that playing matches means safe.
Dele played a lot last season and we have a better points aggregate this year without him. A case can be made that he isn't performing at a sufficient level.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I think comparing the results in a team without Kane and Son, bad Aurier, fat Ndombele and no Hojbjerg may show Dele in a better light than a worse one!

I had a look to remind myself of last season and it looks like his contribution understandably declined with Kane’s absence and then selection wise it started to go wrong post lockdown. Maybe a poor reaction to being a sub v West Ham or some behavioural issues during lockdown?

1st col goals, 2nd assist - last two subbed on / off minutes:
1721ACB8-F2D7-44C3-8DE0-5F7B1C860CD0.png 3DCDFFA4-ACF2-4250-A7E0-99B902C20C27.png

Post lockdown we set up incredibly negatively tbf proper low block with the odd counter
Yeah it was more that he was a first team player and the idea of him being benched was alien to me but maybe the rot did start through something attitude wise towards the end of last season, as opposed to the opening 45 vs Everton.

It’s going to be a little difficult to command a huge fee for a player that is often deemed not good enough for our bench, especially in the current climate.

Best plan would be to loan to PSG, with an option. With the trust of his former manager and providing he proves he can still deliver we may be able to get a decent fee next summer helped by their bottomless pit of funds.

40m still feels cheap to me, in a world where Chilwell cost 50 but ultimately it’s relative to what the opportunities are for the amount we receive.

40m would be a steal - 9 goals and 6 assists last season despite it being regarded as a very poor year for him, mid twenties english attacking midfielder playing regularly and doing well (in relation to the poor numbers above) then he's looking at being double that value

£100m is now best in world money
He isn’t even getting in the Spurs or England side anymore so I think your way, way off there
Yeah even as Dele’s biggest fan I’m not sure he could command a fee like that unless he has another 20 goal season.
The international thing is interesting, I always felt Southgate used him in the wrong role to accommodate Sterling and a combination of that and playing with an injury started his gradual loss of form. It was like he started overthinking his game and lost some of his spark.
A complete change of scene and some regular football and we’ll see if he can either find form via a manager employing a system that plays to his strengths or whether he can adapt into a more rounded role. I’d really hate to see him at Everton though as if he does get back to his previous levels it will impact us directly.

Yeah even as Dele’s biggest fan I’m not sure he could command a fee like that unless he has another 20 goal season.
The international thing is interesting, I always felt Southgate used him in the wrong role to accommodate Sterling and a combination of that and playing with an injury started his gradual loss of form. It was like he started overthinking his game and lost some of his spark.
A complete change of scene and some regular football and we’ll see if he can either find form via a manager employing a system that plays to his strengths or whether he can adapt into a more rounded role. I’d really hate to see him at Everton though as if he does get back to his previous levels it will impact us directly.
Everton would be a good fit for him as it’s a hole they have in their squad

On the international front of personally have him over Mount who I just see as a workmanlike player. But Southgate has his plans and favourites and the less Spurs involved the better IMO

but the value of a player always comes down to what someone will pay. Dele is as mentioned still a marketable player, but he is also a bit of an enigma. Ours fans love him. Fans of other clubs I know loathe him and you don’t have that emotion behind a bad player, so that’s a compliment.

Back