• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

We only know what he says that’s made public. We don’t know everything he says, it maybe nothing but we simply don’t know. What we do know is that JM has won a brick load of silverware, including a pretty mediocre Man U team, who mugged us tactically in the Semi. We had a team who didn’t turn up for a CL Final against the wall pushers. I’ll trust him and his management for the greater good.

I can understand this position, even if i don't agree - you're backing Mourinho as you believe in the end he will deliver the goods, and presumably Dele being a casualty is a worthy sacrifice?

What i don't agree with is the idea that it's up to Dele to win his place in the team as clearly now it's there to be seen that he is being held to an unfair standard that others are not? He is being called out for the same problems that others display more regularly and he isn't being given the run of games that others are getting.

Fair enough if your position is Mourinho don't want him so bye bye, but don't pretend like he's being given a chance on an even footing to the rest of the squad.

Last edited:
Dele has been encouraged to play a high risk game since he joined us. It has served us well. I think that it could work in a Mourinho team but he would need to be one of the front two with cover behind. Understandably, Mourinho thinks that there are more goals in Son/Kane but I can't help thinking that Dele is a better bench option than Moura or Bale, when we are chasing a game, right now.
All very sensible thinking BUT from Mourinhos comments tonight it's simply all over for Dele while Jose is here.

All very sensible thinking BUT from Mourinhos comments tonight it's simply all over for Dele while Jose is here.

I agree. Well placed sources have been saying this week that he's leaving in January. I think that looks likely. We always knew that Mourinho would pick a fight with one of the squad, I'm sad that it's Dele. He has such a high ceiling and has been so good for us over the last five years.

I agree. Well placed sources have been saying this week that he's leaving in January. I think that looks likely. We always knew that Mourinho would pick a fight with one of the squad, I'm sad that it's Dele. He has such a high ceiling and has been so good for us over the last five years.
With missing so many matchday squads (he even didn't make the one on Sunday and we had 2 extra places!) and being hooked so often even when he did get a game, Jose was either playing the longest of long games with him or setting him the longest road back ever. Sadly it was probably neither, and pretty obvious, he plainly doesn't like him? fancy him? trust him? Whatever. Baring a sudden catastrophic injury crisis, for his own good, he's off.

Hope Levy can see that Dele has a longer shelf life than Mourinho. And loan him if possible.

I think(hope) that's why the only rumours we've seen relate to loans

We've got another year and a half of peak Mourinho and then it will all start to fall apart. We can't loan him out for that long.

See it out till end of season then a years loan...

We only know what he says that’s made public. We don’t know everything he says, it maybe nothing but we simply don’t know. What we do know is that JM has won a brick load of silverware, including a pretty mediocre Man U team, who mugged us tactically in the Semi. We had a team who didn’t turn up for a CL Final against the wall pushers. I’ll trust him and his management for the greater good.

Doesn't mean he is always right which is why he has also been sacked from his last two jobs and lost the changing room both times.

But you do you

I think(hope) that's why the only rumours we've seen relate to loans

QUOTE="milo, post: 1395694, member: 122"]We've got another year and a half of peak Mourinho and then it will all start to fall apart. We can't loan him out for that long.

See it out till end of season then a years loan...[/QUOTE]
Maybe that’s also why we haven’t had a slew of ‘wantaway dele seeks to end his Spurs hell’ stories.

Sad times. It doesn’t sit right with me that Jose waited for one error tonight then hooked him and publicly slammed him after the game. That for me is an agenda. How on earth can you expect an individual to perform knowing you will be sitting there to pick every little hole unlike you do with others.

I actually admire Dele for his professionalism during this period. He could have easily done interviews, behaved poorly etc, but it’s a mark of the man that we’ve barely heard a peep out of him during the most difficult time in his career.

Maybe that’s also why we haven’t had a slew of ‘wantaway dele seeks to end his Spurs hell’ stories.[/QUOTE]

I think it's also worth remembering that if Dele was the type of character that some would have you believe we would have seen a lot more of these types of stories in the press - lost his place in the team, calked out regularly by the manager but he's kept his head down and waited for his chance... a lot of players in the same situation have kicked up a fuss - yet bad attitude Dele hasn't, strange...

Sad times. It doesn’t sit right with me that Jose waited for one error tonight then hooked him and publicly slammed him after the game. That for me is an agenda. How on earth can you expect an individual to perform knowing you will be sitting there to pick every little hole unlike you do with others.

I actually admire Dele for his professionalism during this period. He could have easily done interviews, behaved poorly etc, but it’s a mark of the man that we’ve barely heard a peep out of him during the most difficult time in his career.

Same when he got hooked away to Antwerp

Maybe that’s also why we haven’t had a slew of ‘wantaway dele seeks to end his Spurs hell’ stories.[/QUOTE]

That will likely start to ramp up with the press in the morning. They’ll start it with or without his consent.

This x 1000

Just saw the comments now. Absolutely disgusted with Mourinho. Awful carry on.

It's the year after that where it all falls apart and Mourinho trashes everything on his way out. That's too long to have Dele out on loan hoping that the next manager fancies him.

It's the year after that where it all falls apart and Mourinho trashes everything on his way out. That's too long to have Dele out on loan hoping that the next manager fancies him.

Yeah but by that point we'll know which way the chips are likely to fall.

Mourinho looking like a success at that point, back him over Dele, otherwise keep the player around

Back