• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

To me the difference was that Ndombele was absurdly unfit. Whereas Alli’s fitness seems fine. I’d be tinkled off if I was Dele today - fine to have him competing for gametime on merit rather than getting in the team on status alone, but on that basis he deserved to start today, or at least get more than 10 mins. For whatever reason he seems to be getting far less opportunities than everyone else, despite his performances being no worse (IMO) than the likes of Moura, Bale, Lo Celso and Bergwijn.
Not so sure. My theory is Jose is deliberately keeping him out to get the message across he still has some way to go. He has to sharpen up much more than we've seen thus far.

Yes he showed signs of the old Dele in the first half against Ludo last week but for me he clearly began to revert back in the second. The sloppy passing and fancy-dan stuff started to reappear.

Maybe the smugness is Dele's defence mechanism kicking in. Certainly the way he took that pen tonight tells us he retains the arrogance along with the talent. But Jose's never going to give him much until he's convinced the message has fully sunk in that he needs to be 101% focused and disciplined.

Not so sure. My theory is Jose is deliberately keeping him out to get the message across he still has some way to go. He has to sharpen up much more than we've seen thus far.

Yes he showed signs of the old Dele in the first half against Ludo last week but for me he clearly began to revert back in the second. The sloppy passing and fancy-dan stuff started to reappear.

Maybe the smugness is Dele's defence mechanism kicking in. Certainly the way he took that pen tonight tells us he retains the arrogance along with the talent. But Jose's never going to give him much until he's convinced the message has fully sunk in that he needs to be 101% focused and disciplined.

But do you think his performances have been worse than Moura, Bergwijn, Bale or Lo Celso? Why do you think Jose isn’t giving them the same treatment? Because he thinks that there are different reasons for their subpar performances?

But do you think his performances have been worse than Moura, Bergwijn, Bale or Lo Celso? Why do you think Jose isn’t giving them the same treatment? Because he thinks that there are different reasons for the subpar performances?
My suspicion is it's more about attitude. All those you mention at least try, even if they don't succeed. I get a certain sense of arrogance and smugness in Dele's approach that's getting in the way of him playing to his full potential. Think back to the way he would play so unselfishly a couple of years ago. Making lung-bursting runs into the bx, playing others in, chasing back when he lost possession. We are just not seeing that Dele except in short bursts. Jose surely wants him right at it the whole time. Do you think that's what he is getting?

But do you think his performances have been worse than Moura, Bergwijn, Bale or Lo Celso? Why do you think Jose isn’t giving them the same treatment? Because he thinks that there are different reasons for their subpar performances?
My suspicion is it's more about attitude. All those you mention at least try, even if they don't succeed. I get a certain sense of arrogance and smugness in Dele's approach that's getting in the way of him playing to his full potential. Think back to the way he would play so unselfishly a couple of years ago. Making lung-bursting runs into the box, playing others in, chasing back when he lost possession. We are just not seeing that Dele except in short bursts. Jose surely wants him right at it the whole time. Do you think that's what he is getting?

It seems to me that Jose does not trust him as a starter at the moment, i have said before i do not see just where he fits into our strongest team and until he ups his game to do so i am not sure he will. Personally i would have liked to see him played from the start last night as the forward player, without Kane and Viscius being available it was a chance for him to show, one thing for me is i believe Son is wasted as a CF.

It seems to me that Jose does not trust him as a starter at the moment, i have said before i do not see just where he fits into our strongest team and until he ups his game to do so i am not sure he will. Personally i would have liked to see him played from the start last night as the forward player, without Kane and Viscius being available it was a chance for him to show, one thing for me is i believe Son is wasted as a CF.

But that says so much

Scenario last night
- We don't have a natural CF, we know Son/Lucas very rarely pull it off
- Short of numbers in front line and midfield, and have an important game week-end
- Dele was an option as CF, playing off the CF, or playing wide. Also was an option in CM alongside one of Gio/Lo Celso
- He was rested and had a reasonable last game, could have run the full 90 with no impact to Sunday and given a key player rest.

With all of that, Jose didn't see a place for him to start? i.e. we would risk a first 11 starter in a game where only a draw was needed vs. playing him ..

But that says so much

Scenario last night
- We don't have a natural CF, we know Son/Lucas very rarely pull it off
- Short of numbers in front line and midfield, and have an important game week-end
- Dele was an option as CF, playing off the CF, or playing wide. Also was an option in CM alongside one of Gio/Lo Celso
- He was rested and had a reasonable last game, could have run the full 90 with no impact to Sunday and given a key player rest.

With all of that, Jose didn't see a place for him to start? i.e. we would risk a first 11 starter in a game where only a draw was needed vs. playing him ..

And how did that work out for us.

Got a feeling he's going to conjure off the bench Sunday...
There's optimism, and then there's blind optimism mate :D

His goose is cooked. He's off his perch. He's deceased. He's gone to meet his maker. He's an ex-Spur. He's taken 3 steps off the short diving board. He's been left in Coventry. He no longer wears the Lilywhite. He's not featuring. He's not involved.

There's optimism, and then there's blind optimism mate :D

His goose is cooked. He's off his perch. He's deceased. He's gone to meet his maker. He's an ex-Spur. He's taken 3 steps off the short diving board. He's been left in Coventry. He no longer wears the Lilywhite. He's not featuring. He's not involved.
:(

His rise, was our rise. And every bit his star fades, so does the memory of those glorious four years. It stings.

Never look back, I guess ...

Shame we didn’t sell him when i called it a year ago we may have got big money for him. £40m the most we will get now.

He doesn't really have much of an argument. Poor performances for a while, clearly not impressing Jose and the team is evidently not missing him. Hard to see him stay beyond January. Maybe a loan to buy.

Back