• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I would use Dele instead of Vinícius.
Bale was great, love the lad.

My midfield would be Ndombele then ??
But Vinnie is an actual striker. We've played Dele as the false and he was highly ineffective. Dele and Vinnie would work but not Dele instead of Vinnie.

If you're talking about situations like Sunday when we need a goal then sure pick Dele on a case by case basis but I think over an extended period of time you would have to expect Vinnie would score more.

Hazard wasn’t a big lump and he played up top with costa, as did Pedro and Willian
Jose loves his Fellaini and always will.
Drogba was his ideal forward he has said many times.
He bought Vinícius on Sunday to run interference with the WBA defence.
Nothing wrong if you like that sort thing.

But Vinnie is an actual striker. We've played Dele as the false and he was highly ineffective. Dele and Vinnie would work but not Dele instead of Vinnie.

If you're talking about situations like Sunday when we need a goal then sure pick Dele on a case by case basis but I think over an extended period of time you would have to expect Vinnie would score more.

Vinícius was available on loan. Dele is twice the player but sadly not flavour of the month with our famous manager.

Vinícius was available on loan. Dele is twice the player but sadly not flavour of the month with our famous manager.
Twice the player maybe but in a different position. We needed a backup striker hence Vinnie. Dele is NOT a good option for said role.

Twice the player maybe but in a different position. We needed a backup striker hence Vinnie. Dele is NOT a good option for said role.
Here is the problem "we need a backup strike" when we don't. There is no need to stick these lumps upfield. We have Son! and now hopefully Bale:oops:
If we cannot get an attacking tune out our current crop of attacking unit (Bergwijn, Lamela, Lucas, Bale and Dele) then something is very wrong.
Nothing against Vinícius by the way. The lad looks to be doing his best early doors.

Here is the problem "we need a backup strike" when we don't. There is no need to stick these lumps upfield. We have Son! and now hopefully Bale:oops:
If we cannot get an attacking tune out our current crop of attacking unit (Bergwijn, Lamela, Lucas, Bale and Dele) then something is very wrong.
Nothing against Vinícius by the way. The lad looks to be doing his best early doors.

You forget last season when we had nothing upfront due to injuries. As a minimum we need two strikers on the books.

Id rather we have the options we have now than Kane breaks his foot and we have to move Son from where he plays best and then play an inferior player on his favoured position. Why weaken 2 positions when you only need to weaken 1.

You forget last season when we had nothing upfront due to injuries. As a minimum we need two strikers on the books.

Id rather we have the options we have now than Kane breaks his foot and we have to move Son from where he plays best and then play an inferior player on his favoured position. Why weaken 2 positions when you only need to weaken 1.

Due truly see Vinícius as back up for Harry?
I'd rather use Bale or ??

That's my point!
Vinícius has?
Let's imagine Vinnie is indeed blunt, we would still have Bale and Son with genuine threat out wide in their favoured and suited positions, we've seen so far that Vinnie is a pretty decent holdup player and can bring in those around him. If instead we move Bale or Son to the CF position we then need to fill the gap they have left. None of Lamela, Bergwijn or Moura are half the players they are and none score or threaten to score at anywhere near the same rate. So for me you have weakened two areas as opposed to one, with just brining Vinnie in.

The thing being wrong with that crop is that there's not a target man to be found. With Vinicius we have that option, and the option of playing him with Kane.

Our style of play is what it is. If we have to make big changes to our style of play when Kane (or any one player) is out that is likely to cause big problems.

Haven't seen much of Vinicius yet, but "big lump" doesn't seem like a great description of him. Yes he's fairly big, similar size to Kane I'm guessing. But I wouldn't say his size seems like his primary attribute.

Jose loves his Fellaini and always will.
Drogba was his ideal forward he has said many times.
He bought Vinícius on Sunday to run interference with the WBA defence.
Nothing wrong if you like that sort thing.
Fellaini as he even comments now was purely using an available tool as at the time he didn’t have many strikers at all (look at united’s squad he inherited)
Your comparing Alli with a striker which he isn’t and as such he would be weak in comparison
He is more comparable with hazard as I mentioned earlier (position wise)

Might be twice the player, but many failures are built on having very good players that don't fit together into a functional unit.

Our famous manager is quite good at building teams that function as a unit. Look at our signings this summer. Right now he thinks we function better without Alli and I think he is right.

Dele is toss as a CF
He plays off people and thrives in that kind of play
Playing up top he looked awful when tried last season

He would not play "up top" he would just fill another Son, Gareth and Harry type role.
He does that wonderfully.
None of them plays an orthodox CF not even Harry.

Might be twice the player, but many failures are built on having very good players that don't fit together into a functional unit.

Our famous manager is quite good at building teams that function as a unit. Look at our signings this summer. Right now he thinks we function better without Alli and I think he is right.

Right now we are struggling against the bottom teams!
The Spurs team prior to Mourinho 'die verecundiam' (day of shame) against West Ham has evaporated. We now play Stoke 1995 'esk football.

Quite a few differences between that and taking one of the wide positions don't you think? I don't think I've ever seen Alli play wide.

When Kane drops deep the front two play narrower.

And Alli often took up wide positions in the old 4231, was a very fluid front 4

Due truly see Vinícius as back up for Harry?
I'd rather use Bale or ??

I think it's more a strategy conversation

- Kane has played his entire career expected to be constantly marked, to have opposition CB sit on him, to be forced sometimes to play with his back to the goal
- AMs like Son, Dele, Lucas are accustomed to being in midfield (often to high for opposition CBs) and run from/to space towards goal

Can one of our AMs play as a striker? sure but you then are making two changes to play, the loss of Kane plus asking the AM to adapt his game.

What is clear, Jose wants is an option to replace Kane that keeps the other AMs playing their normal way, so while Vinicius may never replace Kan'es goal output, he can keep the team play consistent. It's also interesting that some pundits saw Vinicius coming on as what gave the space for Doherty's ball to get to Kane (as CB's had both Kane and Vinicius to focus on, no double up)

Back