• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Am I missing something? Don't you think we are fortunate to have a future (potentially) world class attacking player In our team? Having being acquired from the lower leagues ahead of our rivals?
We are lucky to have him and he will become increasingly important to our success as the season progresses.

I am sorry. 'Spurs are lucky to have Alli' comes off very wrong to me. Perhaps to me 'Alli is lucky to be at Spurs' is the right statement.

I get the sentiment from both sides on the 'lucky' turn of phrase as he certainly is a special player.

Every footballer is lucky to be at Spurs, as a club that is progressing with possibly the brightest managerial prospect around, who appears to be looking to grow the club for the long term. He's also demonstrated an ability to improve players who haven't always looked as good when moving onto new teams, perhaps because they were part of a system and given the encouragement to shine.

We weren't lucky to be the only team prepared to take the gamble on a lower league trained player, blood him into our first team early on and move his position to one that has brought him international recognition so quickly. Hopefully both parties appreciate the fit we have - we couldn't buy another Alli but at this stage in his career no bigger club would give him the patience to make mistakes whilst he continues to develop or the trust to get the level of pitch time in his favoured position. I'm sure he won't be here for the rest of his career but I think it would be a mistake to not spend at least 2 or 3 more years here, see in the new stadium, maybe pick up some silverware and be a lot closer to the finished article that would make any transition to a different league / teams system and expectation easier, whilst increasing his sell on value along the way!

Maybe we are lucky with Kane, to have all the attributes and deliver what he has a player but to actually have a connection with Spurs that might mean he stays with us out of loyalty and passion for the club would be something very rare, especially with the ridiculous wages available nowadays.

has alli put in some threat to play all games or be sold ? new agent and all....it thats the case its going to be challenging to manage given poch's ethos based on hard work and merit.

has alli put in some threat to play all games or be sold ? new agent and all....it thats the case its going to be challenging to manage given poch's ethos based on hard work and merit.
He has shown time and again he can produce something out of nothing at any time regardless of his form. And the reason he was not subbed, probably because he was fresher having missed the APOEL game.

Only caught the second half today. I hope he was better in the first half. He was embarrassing in the second, what was that blatant dive all about....a tinkle take? And what about the dribble show boating? He is not the same player this season. His attitude looks poor to me.

He looks exactly the same player as he did last season - it's just not coming off for him. He has always been a bit stroppy and temperamental whilst trying outlandish bits of skill and trying to take everyone on - I do wonder sometimes what player some of you were watching the past couple of years if you think any of this is new

As above. He is going to score soon and then he'll be flying. Thought he did okay today, aside from the ridiculous dive.

i think he has been well below par this season. I'm not sure what tactic works with Alli to give him a gee up.

Bench him, give him a rocket, arm round the shoulder??

I think just letting him get on with it, he'll come into form (which of course he wont do on the bench). Others at the moment are keeping the results sweet, but if Alli can run into form when the Man u, Liverpool, Madrid run comes along, he can be the difference maker.

He looks exactly the same player as he did last season - it's just not coming off for him. He has always been a bit stroppy and temperamental whilst trying outlandish bits of skill and trying to take everyone on - I do wonder sometimes what player some of you were watching the past couple of years if you think any of this is new
Spot on. And working hard for the team again today.

Fine margins for him.

Absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to play his way back into form like Kane and Eriksen have done before.

It is not especially new but the reasons behind each year differ greatly. But he should absolutely be afforded time and help to work through this - not to mention giant fudging earplugs to avoid hearing super agents!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think we all agree he needs to get a bit smarter and he has been trying this season, he has been continually targeted by teams with late tackles and kicked after he has played the ball with the consent of refs who appear ready to step in when he reacts. He is a rare talent and needs support and encouragement and I'm sure Poch will give him both, a little bit of the devil in a player is a good thing.

That was a poor attempt at diving from Dele, and I don't blame the ref for booking him.

However, I am worried he is now a marked man. Footballers are trailing legs to get free kicks/penalties all the time, but you rarely see anyone booked for diving. I don't think the yellow would've been thrown at many other players after that situation.

There's been too much negative fuzz around Dele late, so I really hope he cuts out the silly stuff and finds his form from now on. Not that he's been poor, but compared to his top level, he's got a lot more to show for himself.

Back