• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Thought he was outstanding yesterday. Really helped us manage the game in the 2nd half. The end product is getting back to the level he showed in his first season with us too.

Did brilliantly. Seems to be at his best when the game is more transitional and there's a need for that "fight".

Think he's been good this season, but not at his very best. This game provided the opportunity to be at his best with those conditions.

Hoping that he can find his best form also in different circumstances, like see face most of the time now. Hope and think there's more to come from him.

Works his nuts off .. part of the reason our pressure is relentless, players like him, Solomon (when fit), Bissouma, Sarr, never rest, never stop moving.

He has lost his shot, first half a season with us, he'd cut inside hit to far post and either work the keeper or score, now that more often than not just goes wide. If he can add that back to his game, be a great lift to team.

For a while, I thought Kulu hadn't fully recovered from his injury but his unrestrained role proved otherwise.

It's clear now that Ange wants Kulu to get to the bylines and Porro cutting in all the time , but I hope from this Ange will have more confidence switching things around and having Kulu cutting in early while Porro gets to the byline.

For a while, I thought Kulu hadn't fully recovered from his injury but his unrestrained role proved otherwise.

It's clear now that Ange wants Kulu to get to the bylines and Porro cutting in all the time , but I hope from this Ange will have more confidence switching things around and having Kulu cutting in early while Porro gets to the byline.

Will be interesting to see how Bentancur slots in to that trio on the right hand side when fit. Sarr has done really well, but Bentancur can add quite a bit to that mix in terms of technical quality.

Will be interesting to see how Bentancur slots in to that trio on the right hand side when fit. Sarr has done really well, but Bentancur can add quite a bit to that mix in terms of technical quality.

Yes, Sarr has been good - very good for his age - but naturally has had some patchy performances and moments where inexperience has showed.

Having Bentancur back will be great to take pressure off and give us two great options without overplaying either hopefully.

Yet kulu cuts in. He goes wide but not to the byline.

I hope (and probably will with Ange in charge) get the license to mix it up and vary it in game as they see fit.
It's probably true to say Kulus main weapon is the cut inside and hitting that dangerous inswinging cross come shot and Porro is a supreme crosser from the wide position.

Facing defensive opposition...You can imagine Kulu getting the widest defender tracking him on an inside move and leaving/creating space for Porro to move into our wide... hopefully all the way to the byline.

Properly confident top form Kulusevski does both.
During that first initial stellar spell he had with us he'd often get to the byline with a twist, turn or deft flick through the legs...and quite often carry it along the byline (bit like Maddison on Saturday).

He's gradually getting back to form but not near where he was. That was a high ceiling though...he was so intelligent and looked unplayable at times.

During that first initial stellar spell he had with us he'd often get to the byline with a twist, turn or deft flick through the legs...and quite often carry it along the byline (bit like Maddison on Saturday).

He's gradually getting back to form but not near where he was. That was a high ceiling though...he was so intelligent and looked unplayable at times.
He really was! Some of his drop in form could well be due to the opposition doing their homework on him.

I hope (and probably will with Ange in charge) get the license to mix it up and vary it in game as they see fit.
It's probably true to say Kulus main weapon is the cut inside and hitting that dangerous inswinging cross come shot and Porro is a supreme crosser from the wide position.

Facing defensive opposition...You can imagine Kulu getting the widest defender tracking him on an inside move and leaving/creating space for Porro to move into our wide... hopefully all the way to the byline.
Having two players on that wing with such different styles and abilities would be a real bonus, assuming that they form a solid partnership. Like Corluka and Lennon :)

What I really liked most of running the ball to the byline is that a pass from that position will almost always be onside, and it's so hard to defend against cutbacks into the box with a late runner coming in.

What I really liked most of running the ball to the byline is that a pass from that position will almost always be onside, and it's so hard to defend against cutbacks into the box with a late runner coming in.
And the runner gets to face the goal
Sounds simple but it how lampard got so many goals
The goal doesn’t move
A striker plays it differently and they play plenty with their back to the goal

And the runner gets to face the goal
Sounds simple but it how lampard got so many goals
The goal doesn’t move
A striker plays it differently and they play plenty with their back to the goal
Plus the defender is most likely to be facing sideways or towards their own goal, reducing the ability to know what is going on behind them.

The crosser also has an equally effective choice between the pass along the 'corridor of uncertainty' and the penalty spot area.

Back