• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Quite possibly trying to get in assets that can be traded in future if it doesn't work out etc, Moneyball for posh people perhaps :D

Is he much good though and will we regret not going for him (i have seen tenuous links/discussions in the past)?
No idea
Never seen him from memory

Apparently, Ali Gold's thoughts on Marcus Edwards transfer rumour (stolen from, actually i can't remember now, sorry!):

"Spurs will look to bring in a new attacking player this month, although links with former academy star Marcus Edwards are believed to be wide of the mark at this current stage of the transfer window.

The 24-year-old has been making a name for himself in Portugal with Sporting and in the Champions League, including scoring against Spurs in a campaign that has brought nine goals and nine assists in 24 games.

However, despite impressing, the 5ft 5ins Edwards does not tick many of the boxes for a Conte-style player with his stature, while his inconsistent training levels - criticised at times during his academy years at Spurs and mentioned this season by his current boss Ruben Amorim - would not go down well with Conte."

Badishielle signed a 7 1/2 year contract
Are Chelsea just spending the £800m in one hit and then not planning on buying and selling ever again…

My understanding of the Chelsea purchase is it was -> buying price +player investment +infrastructure.

I'd assume there is a time limit on each of the investments, unlike City & Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they have investor owners, at some point it has to become self sustainable.

As Everton has shown, and Chelsea (Lukaku says hi!) in past, you can burn a lot of money with the wrong buys.

Apparently, Ali Gold's thoughts on Marcus Edwards transfer rumour (stolen from, actually i can't remember now, sorry!):

"Spurs will look to bring in a new attacking player this month, although links with former academy star Marcus Edwards are believed to be wide of the mark at this current stage of the transfer window.

The 24-year-old has been making a name for himself in Portugal with Sporting and in the Champions League, including scoring against Spurs in a campaign that has brought nine goals and nine assists in 24 games.

However, despite impressing, the 5ft 5ins Edwards does not tick many of the boxes for a Conte-style player with his stature, while his inconsistent training levels - criticised at times during his academy years at Spurs and mentioned this season by his current boss Ruben Amorim - would not go down well with Conte."

Seems a convenient link, but he just does not look like a Conte player TBH

Quite possibly trying to get in assets that can be traded in future if it doesn't work out etc, Moneyball for posh people perhaps :D

Is he much good though and will we regret not going for him (i have seen tenuous links/discussions in the past)?

Haha Moneyball if the idea is to over pay not under pay.....75m or whatever on Fofana....55 on that Brighton lad....got properly taken there

The length of that deal also means that the transfer fee is amortised at under £5m a year which is useful for financial fair play regulations.

Seems a convenient link, but he just does not look like a Conte player TBH

Hmm, yeah it feels like we really want Porro but this is too good a deal to turn down to also get a reduced deal on both...leading to future problems if Conte doesn't want Edwards? Will Edwards be any different in the current set-up to Gil?

The length of that deal also means that the transfer fee is amortised at under £5m a year which is useful for financial fair play regulations.

Good point.

There's a lot of CBs bought recently though, the third one after Koulibaly, Wesley Fofana (plus some felt Cucrella was also a player who could play on the the left of a back 3)....seem to be spending A LOT in quite a scattergun way. Unless they get CL next season this could look quite bad...fingers crossed

Yea unless he turns out to be another Ndombele/ Lo Celso then you’re lumbered trying to get the wage off the books for about 5 years? Although Chelsea don’t seem to have any issue loaning players out tbf.

Hmm, yeah it feels like we really want Porro but this is too good a deal to turn down to also get a reduced deal on both...leading to future problems if Conte doesn't want Edwards? Will Edwards be any different in the current set-up to Gil?

Its seems to much like a Gil player for me, further along as a player but from memory he is not a grafter

My understanding of the Chelsea purchase is it was -> buying price +player investment +infrastructure.

I'd assume there is a time limit on each of the investments, unlike City & Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they have investor owners, at some point it has to become self sustainable.

As Everton has shown, and Chelsea (Lukaku says hi!) in past, you can burn a lot of money with the wrong buys.
They borrowed £800m for investment and they are spending it on players
They said they wouldn’t put the club in debt to do that … weird eh

Its seems to much like a Gil player for me, further along as a player but from memory he is not a grafter
We can go full Barca with the small men

Edwards has improved a lot, has played false 9 for Sporting as well. He's a lot more powerful than he was, much more strength.

Timing and probably manager doesn't feel quite right though.

Last edited:
Badishielle signed a 7 1/2 year contract
Are Chelsea just spending the £800m in one hit and then not planning on buying and selling ever again…

He looks really good, has over 100 league games already at the age of 21. Would have been a good signing for us.

Any genuine links looking hot at the moment? Being lazy and can't be asked to trawl the Journos TBH

Last thing that seemed to have a touch of substance I saw was Pedro Porto, but there being a significant difference between what they were asking for and what we were willing to pay.

Guessing based on previous experiences since Paratici came in there's probably not going to be a lot of substantial links until something is rather close.

Looks likely to be going to Napoli, with Napoli loaning him to Angers for the rest of the season. Around €15-20m.

Shame. I really liked how he put himself about in the world cup.
That is an amazing price for a player who is already at a good level with huge potential to get to a very high level. Napoli have got an absolute steal there if that fee is true.

Back