• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

It was definitely a LOT more than 25 minutes. He played the entire extra time between USA & Belgium, plus I'm sure that he had been subbed on after something like 20 minutes of the actual game due to an injury suffered by the player that he replaced.

My bad, against Belgium he came on in the 32 minute, against Germany in the 84th minute and against Portugal in the 72nd minute. I am not saying that he would be a poor signing just that I think it is a little premature to say that 'this guy is special'.

I've watched Yedlin a lot for Seattle. He's going to be very good, but he's still raw. He's really young and I think he only started playing competitive football a few years ago (could be wrong). He definitely reminds me of Walker a lot. Very similar pace and body type. However, he can already cross. Plus he has awesome hair.

I've watched Yedlin a lot for Seattle. He's going to be very good, but he's still raw. He's really young and I think he only started playing competitive football a few years ago (could be wrong). He definitely reminds me of Walker a lot. Very similar pace and body type. However, he can already cross. Plus he has awesome hair.

I wonder if 'the walnut whip' will take off in the style magazines over here.

I have no idea who this guy is or how good he is but he has a ridiculous name only outmatched by his ludicrous hair 'style'

There are quotes surfacing from the Sounders manager who says 'Yedlin is in Europe to talk to a big club' something along those lines

Done Deal: Tottenham finalise Yedlin deal

8 Aug 2014

The 21-year-old completed a medical on Friday but will remain with Seattle Sounders for the remainder of the MLS season until January

Tottenham have finalised terms on the £2m signing of DeAndre Yedlin, Goal understands.

The 21-year-old underwent a medical with Spurs on Friday and all conditions of his sale have been agreed between player, Tottenham and MLS outfit Seattle Sounders.

Yedlin will remain with Seattle Sounders until the end of the MLS season and will join Mauricio Pochettino’s side in January.

Yedlin featured in three games for the United States at the World Cup, although all his appearances were from the bench.

The defender will become Pochettino’s fourth signing this summer following the arrivals of Ben Davies, Michel Vorm and Eric Dier.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/08/08/5019446/-

Never opposed to a new signing and, given I dont particularly rate Naughton, its not a disaster to br beinging in a new young RB and presumably shipping Naughton out. However I just hope we're not spending money on a low priority player like this rather than other areas which area more needed

I cannot claim I have seen a lot of him but I saw his WC appearances. On the plus side he looks very fast and seems to be able to cross the ball, however I am unable to comment on his defensive capabilities, which are essential because as much as we like attacking full backs they are first and foremost defenders.

It says a hell of a lot about last season that our 4 signings so far are a keeper and 3 defenders

Last edited:

he has been playing for the youth national team since he was 16 he still has room to grow at top level football but he isn't phased by that as shown in the Belgium match

Never opposed to a new signing and, given I dont particularly rate Naughton, its not a disaster to br beinging in a new young RB and presumably shipping Naughton out. However I just hope we're not spending money on a low priority player like this rather than other areas which area more needed

Naughton out and Yedlin will give us a nice profit. As mentioned many times though, signings aren't done in any particular order. Ie. If we were to wait until the Scheiderlin deal has been sorted before doing anything else we wouldn't get much done at all.

It says a hell of a lot about last season that our 4 signings so far are a keeper and 3 defenders

Delighted to see a manager paying attention to the things even Ray Charles could see...I suspect getting that midfield balance right is part of this overall agenda too of course...

Way I look at it (and Levy too I suspect), there's almost no possible downside to this deal. A highly rated youngster who is already pushing his way into his national team for £2m? There's a chance he might become a great player and a regular at right back for Spurs for many years. In which case - bargain! If not, Levy will still turn a small profit on him in 3 years, guaranteed. And in the meantime, the additional profile he gives the club in the American market will probably cover his wages.

Way I look at it (and Levy too I suspect), there's almost no possible downside to this deal. A highly rated youngster who is already pushing his way into his national team for £2m? There's a chance he might become a great player and a regular at right back for Spurs for many years. In which case - bargain! If not, Levy will still turn a small profit on him in 3 years, guaranteed. And in the meantime, the additional profile he gives the club in the American market will probably cover his wages.

Exactly this ...

Yeah, fantastic deal from all sides

It frustrates me that many people simply see American and Asian players as marketing tools.

Back