• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

Signing for us apparently:

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
World Cup star DeAndre Yedlin has said he is still waiting for move to Tottenham Hotspur to be finalised. #THFC

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
Yedlin (Tottenham): "Nothing is really finalized yet. I’m waiting, letting my agency handle it. It’s an honour." #THFC

Nice.... I would be very happy indeed with this signing. While I am always a little wary of signing a player off the back of World Cup performances (and especially so when considering a player who was coming on as a sub, playing against tired players) he seemed to have pace, work rate and skill

The US angle is also a good thing to help us supplement our (already pretty strong) US supporter base.

Could we bring him in on loan during the US close season I wonder?

This is the kid that impressed me most during the Belgium game, had an engine like no other, never seen anybody being able to go full-flight in extra time, tremendous performance!

World Cup star honoured by imminent Spurs switch

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/world_cup_star_honoured_by_imminent_spurs_switch_1_3717791

"Seattle Sounders defender DeAndre Yedlin has revealed that he is close to signing for Tottenham.

The USA international who helped his side reach the last 16 of this summer’s World Cup has been the subject of interest from Spurs.

He told the Seattle Times: “Nothing is really finalised yet. I’m waiting, letting my agency handle it. … It’s an honour.”

Nailed on, I'd say.

He's a right back, right? Looked good against Belgium in the world cup. If we don't have to pay too much for him, get in.

This is the kid that impressed me most during the Belgium game, had an engine like no other, never seen anybody being able to go full-flight in extra time, tremendous performance!

Seattle Sounders defender DeAndre Yedlin has revealed that he is close to signing for Tottenham.

The USA international who helped his side reach the last 16 of this summer’s World Cup has been the subject of interest from Spurs.

He told the Seattle Times: “Nothing is really finalised yet. I’m waiting, letting my agency handle it. … It’s an honour.”

just to throw it out there, maybe part of walkers injury is from over use, and we need someone better than naughton and lopes (who we been linked with) to compete at right back as walker will be needed to use less.
Plus the marketing side will be a big plus. This signing, even though we may think its not necessary, maybe a key signing within the walls of WHL. Ticks a lot of boxes!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...es-yedlin-against-tottenham-move?ICID=AR_RS_4

Kasey Keller has questioned Tottenham's reported interest in Seattle Sounders full-back DeAndre Yedlin, suggesting that the player's development could stall without regular first-team action.

The defender, who was one of the breakout stars of the World Cup for the United States, is rumoured to have attracted interest from the Premier League side.

But the former goalkeeper, who spent four years at White Hart Lane, feels a move to Tottenham could backfire for the player and questioned whether a work permit would even be sanctioned for any transfer.

"Spurs is a tricky place to play," Keller told Goal. "They're a team that has a lot of turnover in players. Spurs are a team that has the money, and they are always looking for a bargain, but it's a tough place to go.

"I just want to see young American players play regularly, week in and week out. If that's at Tottenham, great. But if it's not, then it's not the right move. It's hard to develop if you don't play.

"I'm not sure DeAndre would even qualify for a work permit. He's never started a game for the national team, [England] is a tough place to get a work permit.

"My guess would be that if Tottenham is in the race, it would be to sign DeAndre and loan him out somewhere."

looked quality whenever I have seen him which is probably quite a bit more than most people as I have followed his career closely as he played just down the road from me. He always had all the physical tools to be a top class player but in the last year his reading of the game has improved tremendously. The Belgium game was what he has been doing week in out MLS. He is too much for most fullbacks to handle and he also is beyond his years in defensive awareness.

Needless to see would be well pleased with this signing

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...es-yedlin-against-tottenham-move?ICID=AR_RS_4

Kasey Keller has questioned Tottenham's reported interest in Seattle Sounders full-back DeAndre Yedlin, suggesting that the player's development could stall without regular first-team action.

The defender, who was one of the breakout stars of the World Cup for the United States, is rumoured to have attracted interest from the Premier League side.

But the former goalkeeper, who spent four years at White Hart Lane, feels a move to Tottenham could backfire for the player and questioned whether a work permit would even be sanctioned for any transfer.

"Spurs is a tricky place to play," Keller told Goal. "They're a team that has a lot of turnover in players. Spurs are a team that has the money, and they are always looking for a bargain, but it's a tough place to go.

"I just want to see young American players play regularly, week in and week out. If that's at Tottenham, great. But if it's not, then it's not the right move. It's hard to develop if you don't play.

"I'm not sure DeAndre would even qualify for a work permit. He's never started a game for the national team, [England] is a tough place to get a work permit.

"My guess would be that if Tottenham is in the race, it would be to sign DeAndre and loan him out somewhere."

Fu©k of Kasey!

So so good, technically perfect. Yedlin was indeed solid, just like he was against us.

I believe USA fans have high hopes for him and Green who they see as the future of American soccer.

Yep. Hoping Green gets some time with Bayern this year. They said they aren't loaning him out, which is concerning, unless of course they play him in cup matches, etc.

Back