• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

i dont think Poch is going to play 3 at the back that often. I think he will mix it up depending on the opposition and injuries

Poch does tend to alter formation based on the best available players but I don't see him making that many unforced changes in formation from game to game.

Really? I think it will be our standard formation

Second half of 2016/17 standard formation or the 2015/16 standard formation?

I don't think that Poch is that set on a particular formation, I think that he settles on a formation that makes the best use of the players that he has available. I think that it is possible that Son or Lamela could hit a run of form that convinced him to switch back to four at the back.

Should be in addition to. As I've said several times this summer, we currently have 5 senior pros (JV, TA, ED, KW, VW) covering 4 positions in our 3-5-2 formation. Thats not enough. 2 players out and we either need to change to 4-2-3-1 or play CCV (who is unproven)
Remember that Davies is a very competent LCH.

Second half of 2016/17 standard formation or the 2015/16 standard formation?

I don't think that Poch is that set on a particular formation, I think that he settles on a formation that makes the best use of the players that he has available. I think that it is possible that Son or Lamela could hit a run of form that convinced him to switch back to four at the back.

More 2016/7 but I havent checked what we played in each and availability of people. On the point about Poch being set on a formation, you're right and he's said that before. I just think we're short on numbers at CB/DM already so even if Sanchez joins, I wouldnt let Wimmer without a replacement for him lined up. That said, if we're more likely to go 4 at the back more often, then not signing a replacement for Wimmer is more feasible

More 2016/7 but I havent checked what we played in each and availability of people. On the point about Poch being set on a formation, you're right and he's said that before. I just think we're short on numbers at CB/DM already so even if Sanchez joins, I wouldnt let Wimmer without a replacement for him lined up. That said, if we're more likely to go 4 at the back more often, then not signing a replacement for Wimmer is more feasible

I think that shortage of players at the back is one of the reasons why he might switch to four at the back (as he did at the weekend). If the extra attacking player makes the most of the opportunity, I think that he would probably stick with it. That is how it has worked in the past. I don't see us signing two CBs, I think that he is relaxed about altering formation based on who is available.

But the point is we don't want him to alter formation because the squad isn't big enough to accommodate who he wants to play. Fair enough if players are injured etc but we need enough players to cover the number of games we're playing. If we play 3 at the back for say 40 games this season then 20 games with 2 CBs then that's 160 games in total. 3 CB's can't cover that, I'd be much more comfortable having 4. CCV I guess could be the 4th one but I don't know enough about him.

I'm sure Verts usually gets an injury every year and Toby missed 6/7 games last year.

Why that desperation? Been gazumped one time too many? Most didn't even know about this chap until our interest.

If Chelsea come in again and pay a fortune, what we never had we won't miss.
I won't give these rich bastard club the satisfaction anymore of caring that they can't find thier own arses with either hand.

Why that desperation? Been gazumped one time too many? Most didn't even know about this chap until our interest.
Precisely. I imagine the bosses of Cheats / Ar.se / Utd / City / PSG / etc will raise an eyebrow and ask their Chairman 3 questions
1. Do we need a centre back who is very good and can be resold for double in 3 years?
2. Do you want Spurs to get even better?
3. Do you want to put one over on Levy?

They can easily blow us out of the water for wages and fee and they need him just as much as we do

I'd try and keep wimmer.
Play wimmer and Sanchez in the cups or any dead rubber CL games as a back four with Davies and KWP. Or with wimmer in the middle of a 3 with Davies and Sanchez.

I wonder if this interest is an acceptance that Dier is on the way out. If Sanchez signs we have basically got cover for the various roles which Dier can play. The thing about Dier, as much as I like him, he's good in a number of positions but not yet great in any. In which case he would not be an automatic first choice. I really hope it's not the case because imho there is a lot more to come from him.

I wonder if this interest is an acceptance that Dier is on the way out. If Sanchez signs we have basically got cover for the various roles which Dier can play. The thing about Dier, as much as I like him, he's good in a number of positions but not yet great in any. In which case he would not be an automatic first choice. I really hope it's not the case because imho there is a lot more to come from him.

United have signed Matic. I doubt whether they want Dier now. More likely to be Rose.

Dier is a great DM

Precisely. I imagine the bosses of Cheats / Ar.se / Utd / City / PSG / etc will raise an eyebrow and ask their Chairman 3 questions
1. Do we need a centre back who is very good and can be resold for double in 3 years?
2. Do you want Spurs to get even better?
3. Do you want to put one over on Levy?

They can easily blow us out of the water for wages and fee and they need him just as much as we do

Do they? In the future maybe, but in the upcoming season too? Since we cannot compete with money we have to compete with foresight and by convincing player that they will be part of our first team sooner than they will be a part of Cheats / Ar.se / Utd / City / PSG first team.

So in principal, you can add a bullet 4 on your list: "Can we convince the player to come and sit on our bench/stand?"

Back