• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Marzio reports:

“David Villa has already reached an agreement with New York City and will sign a three-year contract.

“Spain’s top scorer will play in the team created by Emirates Marketing Project and the New York Yankees. After two Spanish titles in a row, Villa leaves Europe for a new adventure in the United States.”

Not too disappointed he never came. Has hit the winding down part of his career.

So with Costa likely to go to Chelsea and now Villa gone, it makes the links to Soldado seem more valid.

So with Costa likely to go to Chelsea and now Villa gone, it makes the links to Soldado seem more valid.

There are plenty of other players on their list - mainly Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca, but even the likes of Lukaku and Negredo.

So did he have a good or bad season this year?.. Considering we were all creaming ourselves thinking we were close to signing him last summer and he would finally be our superstar striker we've be looking for. Was he still at his best or had he declined at all?

I thought he did quite well for Atletico, 15 in 47 which is not bad really given his age and playing more to provide for Diego Costa.

some Atletico fans have started an anti Soldado campaign, they don't want him because he was a Real player once and also because last season he kicked an Atletico player in the head apparently.

Ahh. Fair enough. Are they actually in the MLS?

off the top of my head, i think they are. going to be one of the new franchises entering the league in the next few years. since they are after lampard and villa, i guess they will enter the league for the start of the 2015 season

off the top of my head, i think they are. going to be one of the new franchises entering the league in the next few years. since they are after lampard and villa, i guess they will enter the league for the start of the 2015 season

That's correct. They are one of the new teams joining MLS next March

New York City and a team in Orlando are the 2 new teams for 2015. Atlanta and Beckham's team in Miami are scheduled to join in 2017.

With the Minnesota Vikings getting a new stadium in 2018 it sounds like Minneapolis will be adding a MLS team by 2020 as well.

The sport is rapidly growing over here. Never get to European levels but could get to #5 behind NFL, NBA college football and college basketball.

Sounds low on the pecking order but considering how high those are it's not a "terrible" spot

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

With the Minnesota Vikings getting a new stadium in 2018 it sounds like Minneapolis will be adding a MLS team by 2020 as well.

The sport is rapidly growing over here. Never get to European levels but could get to #5 behind NFL, NBA college football and college basketball.

Sounds low on the pecking order but considering how high those are it's not a "terrible" spot

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

You forgot MLB (baseball) but you're right in saying that the MLS is close to becoming the fourth major professional sport, overtaking NHL (ice hockey). It still ****es me off no end how all of the sports talk shows disregard footie as some sort of second-rate sport though.

You forgot MLB (baseball) but you're right in saying that the MLS is close to becoming the fourth major professional sport, overtaking NHL (ice hockey). It still ****es me off no end how all of the sports talk shows disregard footie as some sort of second-rate sport though.

I was about to get upset that MLB was ignored; thanks for intervening.

And for what it's worth, MLS already has a higher average in-stadium attendance than NHL and NBA...not that I am saying that necessarily translates to overall viewership!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back