• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.Madrid will likely play Villa as the main striker now Falcao has moved on and I am sure I read that's what he wanted, chances are at Spur's he'd of been played more in his Barcelona role as inside forward as I'm not sure he'd of worked as a lone striker for us in the system we seem to be playing.

On top of that and the CL factor they've won 3 three major trophies (2 EL plus this year's Copa del Rey) in the past four seasons whilst also constructing a 75,000 seat stadium on the outskirts of Madrid.

[video=youtube;FbUOcCXPoLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUOcCXPoLo[/video]

Most people would argue that they are a bigger club than us and, hate to say it but I would agree with em atm.

What would be REALLY interesting is if we used Villa to smoke out a deal for Soldado? I mean, who knows? This is one I have not asked about or have any info on whatsoever, thus guessing like us all!!!

How are they possibly affording that stadium when they are so much in debt? Surely the govt should be reclaiming all the tax owed before letting them build it - no wonder they are stuffed.

How are they possibly affording that stadium when they are so much in debt? Surely the govt should be reclaiming all the tax owed before letting them build it - no wonder they are stuffed.

Youre talkin about a G overnment who help Real Madrid. I bet AM have brick on the Government and bribing them or something.

They'll do a depor/Malaga in a few years.

Because the bank knows that if they try to get the cash back from AM then AM will put out a statement telling the fans what is happening and suddenly the AM fans try to close their accounts which causes a run on the bank and the bank collapses. Simply

Similar with gov't / tax...takes a ballsy gov't to try to get it back

RMR football ‏@RMR_football 1m
David Villa was due in London tomorrow for a Spurs medical...Big blow to THFC plans

Fee and PT were agreed

He wanted CL and La Liga #THFC

:ross:

With Villa going Madrid, I suppose Osvaldo is now free. Get him in!

Ah so we agreed personal terms with a player that wanted to play in la liga and cl football....makes perfect sense.

Because the bank knows that if they try to get the cash back from AM then AM will put out a statement telling the fans what is happening and suddenly the AM fans try to close their accounts which causes a run on the bank and the bank collapses. Simply

Similar with gov't / tax...takes a ballsy gov't to try to get it back

The bank collapses?

More likely that AM go into administration and their assets are sold off to pay for what they owe to the bank.

Ah so we agreed personal terms with a player that wanted to play in la liga and cl football....makes perfect sense.

Perfectly possible. If I have two job offers, I'd definitely keep both options open for as long as possible even if I had a clear preference for one of them... just in case it falls through. The way I read it (and it's just interpretation, not a claim to inside info), he wanted to stay in Spain as a first preference. But if that wasn't possible, he'd prefer regular first team football in London than sitting on the bench in Barca. So when the Spurs offer came through, he kept it open as long as possible while his agent tried to get him something in Spain. When Atletico came in, and everything was agreed with them, he walked away from the Spurs offer.

The bank collapses?

More likely that AM go into administration and their assets are sold off to pay for what they owe to the bank.

Yes. Very simplistically, the way a bank works is that people deposit money with them and they lend MOST of it out. They pay you say 2% interest on the money you despoit with them and lend it out to someone else for say 5%. Therefore they make a profit. HOWEVER, because they lend most of it back out, if everyone went to try to get their money back at the same time, the bank wouldnt ahve the money to give back to them. Therefore they collapse. And in reality it doesnt take all people to want their money back...far from it as a bank loans out the vast majority of the money deposited with them

It why you sometimes see, in situations where there are rumours of a bank collapsing, the amount you can withdraw on a daily basis is limited to a given amount

On top of that and the CL factor they've won 3 three major trophies (2 EL plus this year's Copa del Rey) in the past four seasons whilst also constructing a 75,000 seat stadium on the outskirts of Madrid.

Most people would argue that they are a bigger club than us and, hate to say it but I would agree with em atm.

Mate, I try to unbiased when it comes to Spurs, but still have to disagree with you

- AM is not a bigger club than Spurs, and quite honestly the last few years is as likely as high as they can get, plus the constant money issues hanging around them
- Not higher in revenue (1 appearance in top 20 clubs in last 5 years, vs. Spurs ever present), not larger in terms of global brand or likely fanbase/merchandising.

Spurs plays in a fixed league with moneybag owners/etc, but AM is completely fudged, Barca/Real by way of their separate negotiated deals re tv sponsorship not only are a million miles away from AM, they will only continue to increase the gap

My opinion, this came down to Villa not wanting to leave Spain, I'm sure for that money he could have played as first choice for a more high profile club somewhere in Europe.

People on twitter still claiming it was going to happen.. Do these nobs never learn ... Jeeeez

you know what, we are fast running out of options. The club better think and move fast now

we wont even get Gary Hooper at this rate

you know what, we are fast running out of options. The club better think and move fast now

we wont even get Gary Hooper at this rate

are we?

i wager you have as much idea as the rest of us as to what/who our options are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back