• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy eh?

i think most people are evaluating the whole deal including the suggested price, his age, and his injury prone-ness that makes him a gamble.
don't think his ability or reputation is in question, perhaps the anticipation that strikers don't get better at this age.

Me too, thing is AvB don't play that way.

Hasn't Michu played in the hole quite a bit this season? I haven't watched Swansea a lot, but I've seen him there a couple of times. Whoscored has him down as playing 13 games as an attacking midfielder (in the hole), 16 games as a forward and 5 games as a central midfielder actually.

A 4-2-3-1 with a front 4 of Villa, Michu, Bale and one of Lennon, Sig or Dempsey with players interchanging positions would be quite exciting in my head at least. Not that it's going to happen mind :)

There is no chance Villa is coming here. Where did that come from?:lol:

I would take Benteke.

Michu is just a one season wonder like marcus stewart or ricketts.

I think ultimately he wants to use the Barca model, whereby we play 3 up front with two off strikers.. that can hug the flanks.
.............____
_______I____I______
I..............................I
I..............1..............I
I..2......................3..I

I could see a rotation of Villa and Bale in all three positions, whilst Michu could play the #1 role. It basically though wouldn't be the same as the Berb & Keane partnership.

IMO we would need one more rotating front man. Maybe that Lennon.. not sure tbh

There is no chance Villa is coming here. Where did that come from?:lol:

I would take Benteke.

Michu is just a one season wonder like marcus stewart or ricketts.

Err........it came from reports in Spain.

And the story has been corroborated by Graham Hunter, who is as good an authority on all things Barca as any.

With respect, I think I'll believe his take on the story over yours.

Last edited:
Err........it came from reports in Spain.

And the story has been corroborated by Graham Hunter, who is as good an authority on all things Barca as any.

With respect, I think I'll believe his take on the story over yours.

I havent got any story at all. I doubt David Villa is dreaming on a move to Spurs :lol:

But believe what you want. Hope is everything.

Despite his age I think that Villa would be a good signing. Provided it is done in a financially sensible manner then it could be a very shrewd, if short term signing. He would give us more goals and creative edge than we currently have and I think for this coming season and the one after, he could be a good pull for players we might potentially go in for.

I would want another striker to be signed as well but it would certainly be a big move in the right direction if we signed Villa.

Before we sign any strikers we need to get rid of les ferdinand from the coaching department. That guy has ruined a far few good strikers we have had and he would do the same to villa.

I havent got any story at all. I doubt David Villa is dreaming on a move to Spurs :lol:

But believe what you want. Hope is everything.

I know that you don't have a story.

But you do have an opinion on the David Villa to Spurs story.

I was merely pointing out that I would rather take the word of a respected journalist with impeccable contacts at Barca over some anonymous know nothing on an internet message board.

Before we sign any strikers we need to get rid of les ferdinand from the coaching department. That guy has ruined a far few good strikers we have had and he would do the same to villa.

I can't imagine Villa taking coaching tips from Sir Les. Would be like me trying to tell Beckham how to groom himself.

i think most people are evaluating the whole deal including the suggested price, his age, and his injury prone-ness that makes him a gamble.
don't think his ability or reputation is in question, perhaps the anticipation that strikers don't get better at this age.

Yeah fair points mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back