• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
By signing a keeper that our new manager wanted?
Odd position.

For some of our fans everything we do is wrong. If we'd have brought in raya we'd have been wrong cause he was too expensive. Vicario was available for less and we could have used the money elsewhere.

I have no idea if vicario is going to be great or not. Only time will tell. By the end of the season we'll have a better idea.

Isn't it a case like you have said about other players that they market conditions didn't demand the 40m+ they wanted? Give the fact they now are only getting 30m which we were reported to have offered? We moved on and the price dropped because we were likely the only kids at the party.

Can't imagine the players too enamoured to be fighting for playing time at Arsenal after being number 1 at Brentford for so long, but when you have shown your hand like he did and the club moved on, you stuff yourself
How do we know they wanted £40m? Maybe he could’ve been secured for the £30m Arsenal have spent. All we do know is that we ended up spending £17m on a new keeper, maybe that was the limit of our budget?

Last edited:
‘Seems perfectly capable’ isn’t the best endorsement. He may end up being brilliant (fingers crossed) but it’s pretty clear that Raya was our first choice target and was statistically one of the best keepers in the PL.

That doesn’t mean “we messed up”

‘Seems perfectly capable’ isn’t the best endorsement. He may end up being brilliant (fingers crossed) but it’s pretty clear that Raya was our first choice target and was statistically one of the best keepers in the PL.

Was he, Says who? Not being funny but rumours were that our head scout Gabbanini fancied Vicario more than Raya. Obviously we'll never know but we had two options, Brentford tried to start a bidding war and it backfired. We can't really gloat as we know Levy is the master at being difficult selling players, only for deals to fall through in the past so it's good to see it does happen to others sometimes too.

Last edited:
How do we know they wanted £40m? Maybe he could’ve been secured for the £30m Arsenal have spent. All we do know is that we ended up,spending £17m on a new keeper, maybe that was the limit of our budget?

Thomas Frank said in public that was their valuation. I mean we are all guessing here anyway

Was he, Says who? Not being funny but rumours were that our head scout Gabbanini fancied Vicario more than Raya. Obviously we'll never know but we had two options, Brentford tried to start a bidding war and it backfired. We can't really gloat as we know Levy is the master at being difficult selling players, only for deals to fall through in the past so it's good to see it does happen to others sometimes too.
The fact that we made a bid for Raya before Vicario suggests that (although I suppose you’ll say there was no proof that we made a bid).

Thomas Frank said in public that was their valuation. I mean we are all guessing here anyway

I thought he had, this was Frank's quote. 3m up front and 27m next year after wanting 40m suggests they were valuing him beyond the market conditions. Raya going to have a dog fight for a number 1 spot albeit at Arsenal doesn't seem an ideal outcome for one of the best keepers statisticaly in the league.
Screenshot_20230816_135900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back