• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Think you're spot on. It's like Rose is now hooked on the media attention. Maybe he is he also using it as a subtle way of trying to exert authority over Poch: i.e. drop me and I'll make trouble? Or trying to use the media to turn it into a competition between the big boys for his signature?

Whatever's really here going on, Poch is always going to have the last word because he absolutely must.

I think he’s just a bit of an idiot- like you can tell he is ‘trying’ not to annoy Poch with some of the stuff he says around thinking Poch did a really nice thing putting him on against Madrid, emphasising he had no problem with Poch this week and saying that even if he played against Arsenal he couldn’t stop the ref making bad decisions. He’s trying to stay on the party line, but he’s just a bit thick. He’s clearly not used to the attention and doesn’t know how to handle it, so he just defaults to being honest, playing the ‘straight talking guy’ card and hopes that it is enough. But it is lazy. To not bother thinking about your responses and thinking through how they can be interpreted, and how unwanted attention will affect his coach and the rest of the team, it’s just lazy.

I’ll be glad when he goes to be honest. And it’s going to be really embarrassing for him if United don’t come in, and he realises we are by far the best option he has. If that happens, it’s going to be a great example of why players should consider loyalty a little bit more. Because there aren’t too many clubs better than us to go and play for. And it’s going to require one of them needing a first team left back. If he makes his position here untenable he may find himself getting an exit to a club worse off than us if United don’t want him. He’s playing a risky game, because I think Poch will be glad to get him out. Poch gives first team exposire to players that deserve it - and Rose probably could have gotten another big contract here had he been here when we got into the new stadium and he showed some loyalty. Now for him it feels a bit United or bust if he wants to go back up north. Would be utterly hilarious if they don’t want him. And even if they do, they can deal with his idiocy.

Didnt these last round of quotes come after it was reported there was a bust up and was a way of setting the record straight rather than letting it drag on without any real quotes to back it up?

Didnt these last round of quotes come after it was reported there was a bust up and was a way of setting the record straight rather than letting it drag on without any real quotes to back it up?

He gives an interview after Dortmund saying he was fuming. Poch then has to answer questions about it in his next interview. As I said, Danny is trying to do the right thing for this season, I just don’t think he is very smart.

He gives an interview after Dortmund saying he was fuming. Poch then has to answer questions about it in his next interview. As I said, Danny is trying to do the right thing for this season, I just don’t think he is very smart.
I dont have an issue with what he said regarding being 'fuming' and Im not sure Poch really did either. I do think we like to make more out of things than there actually is a lot of the time....

And of course the UK media have a field day with it.

Spurs used to be a soft target for them to stir up crap but the opportunities are much rarer these days.

This was after the press reported there was a rift between the two of them after the NLD though so I see Roses quotes post Dortmund game as setting the record straight that there was no fall out with Poch after the NLD.

This was after the press reported there was a rift between the two of them after the NLD though so I see Roses quotes post Dortmund game as setting the record straight that there was no fall out with Poch after the NLD.

I totally get you, but watch Poch’s interview and read the quotes from his pre WBA presser and see if it feels like he is happy to be dealing with yet more questions about Danny Rose.

As I said, I know what Rose is trying to do. I don’t think there was actually any menace in what he did, I just don’t think he is very smart.

From the post Dortmund press conference :

He said he was fuming - did he show that?
No he never showed that feeling to me. That’s why it surprised me when you asked me, because the day before we had a conversation and he never showed me that he was angry. Of course, disappointed, yes, because all the players always want to be involved in the game. I understand if after he was angry, like other players who do not play, and I like it when players feel that emotion because it looks like they’re interested in helping the team and want to play.”

He confirmed the other day that he was never upset or angry in front of me and never showed this emotion. He was normal, his behaviour. You can ask me about him or GK Nkoudou, who wasn’t involved, or Paulo Gazzaniga or Kieran Trippier or Ben Davies. If you say they were upset? Of course. They were disappointed? Of course. They were angry, fuming? Of course because they want to play, Michel Vorm the same. But I am the boss. That is the problem for the players.

But hat last sentence says it all.

I totally get you, but watch Poch’s interview and read the quotes from his pre WBA presser and see if it feels like he is happy to be dealing with yet more questions about Danny Rose.

As I said, I know what Rose is trying to do. I don’t think there was actually any menace in what he did, I just don’t think he is very smart.

To be honest i think that is being kind to Rose.

In that first half against Leicester, Rose attempted seven crosses. One could be considered as 'complete' even though it was at least a metre behind Sissoko near the edge of the box from a good crossing position. Plus an overheat corner. Why don't you google how to cross a football Danny? Take your fat ass to old Trafford.

From 'Broadway' Danny Rose to 'Tugboat' Danny Rose.

Not just slow of movement, but even slower of thought. Shocking to see such decline and it can't all be unintentional.

Of course, now that I've said that, he'll play a role to get us a goal.

Edit: Ha ha. That was the lamest attempt to earn a penalty call I've ever seen. Kicks the ground twice in seconds and falls down out of sheer embarrassment.

Last edited:
In that first half against Leicester, Rose attempted seven crosses. One could be considered as 'complete' even though it was at least a metre behind Sissoko near the edge of the box from a good crossing position. Plus an overheat corner. Why don't you google how to cross a football Danny? Take your fat ass to old Trafford.
Maybe he should just read about effective ways to score and save himself the bother.

Rose has been reminding me of someone recently and I've just twigged...

The-Nutty-Professor-2-The-Klumps.jpg

I tried hard to put aside my own fan-based feelings on Rose, but I am done. fudge him. Ever since he blabbed to The Sun about being left out of the squad at Goons, we have struggled. Once again he publicly undermined our manager (who is trying to make sure he doesn’t fudge himself for the season) and who knows what negative influence he has been on our dressing room. I say OUT! Or better still, sell him to Everton! Or best of all, send him to a 6 month training camp in Dubai away from Hotspur Lane!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I am pretty fed up with Danny boy and wouldn't be sorry to see him go. Apart from all the silly stuff, when he has played recently he hasn't been very good, but I suppose after a long layoff I should give him time. What gnaws at me, however, is that before the injury he was actually pretty damn good, idiot or not.

I tried hard to put aside my own fan-based feelings on Rose, but I am done. fudge him. Ever since he blabbed to The Sun about being left out of the squad at Goons, we have struggled. Once again he publicly undermined our manager (who is trying to make sure he doesn’t fudge himself for the season) and who knows what negative influence he has been on our dressing room. I say OUT! Or better still, sell him to Everton! Or best of all, send him to a 6 month training camp in Dubai away from Hotspur Lane!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What are you referring to here?

Danny Rose is still one of the best LBs in the Prem. He's been out of action for a long time so it's no wonder his form is ropey at the moment. It's not helped by Poch constantly swapping the FBs, so i can't see how he get's some of that drive and fire back in his belly.

Lose him in the transfer window, and it'll undoubtedly be to a top 4 rival as he ain't going abroad. So we not only weaken ourselves but we strengthen others. It'll be the start of an exodus in my opinion which will unsettle the team and only add to our struggles to regain the form we need to get back into CL spots.

We must keep him.

You say that, but watching City yesterday I didnt give a brick about Walker playing for them.

And while he did fine, I was in no way missing him, wishing he stayed or any of it.

I think Rose, like Walker, is massively over rated (as in 'good', not 'great') - and if Utd want to give us £45-50m for him Ill take it an not regret that at all.

And, if he stays, performs and does well - Ill be delighted all the same.

Back