• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I agree with you in terms of Walker but Rose produced some very tasty crosses last season...

some, but he needs to produce them on a consistent basis, same with Walker

I would love to see Trippier given a chance and see if he makes a difference to our forward wide play

Still no spot for him in the England squad, despite Hodgson actually watching him live yesterday. Somehow though Gibbs still retains his place.

I hope he chooses to represent Jamaica (unless he finds some Gaelic heritage). It's a complete joke now with England.

Still no spot for him in the England squad, despite Hodgson actually watching him live yesterday. Somehow though Gibbs still retains his place.

I don't know why Hodgson even watches games live. He (or more likely the sponsors) picks the same players anyway and occasionally adds the latest one to be hyped up in the media.

I don't know why Hodgson even watches games live. He (or more likely the sponsors) picks the same players anyway and occasionally adds the latest one to be hyped up in the media.

Free trip, Free ticket. Treated like a VIP. Whats not to like. Stupid antiquated old Fudger!!!

I hope he chooses to represent Jamaica (unless he finds some Gaelic heritage). It's a complete joke now with England.

I see your point but I hope not. It was his first game of the season. So maybe that is a reason. But Gibbs and Chambers are not even playing and they get picked.

I agree with you in terms of Walker but Rose produced some very tasty crosses last season...
Yes, and he also produce an excellent cross early on against Everton yesterday. Not his fault no one was there to get on the end of it. Problem is he's just as liable to balloon it way over to the far corner flag

I'm on the fence with Rose when it comes to England.

His main strengths are his physicality and athleticism - he's all about pace, power and 'blood and guts' - and he was excellent last year.

Whilst his defensive game has improved, I can understand the reluctance to put him in the England squad, where, cliches aside, the games are slower and less gung ho.

And that's the reason I have not watched and England game since Euro 2004. I have often wondered how much say the manager gets in picking the starting 11.

:eek: As opposed to?

I often wonder how some of the players on dog brick form get into the England team. Over the last 10-15 years it seems the biggest stars get picked irrespective. The starting 11 during this period has generally comprised either the players on the biggest contracts or those in vogue at the time. It's almost like the sponsors say such and such have to play in their sponsorship contract. Otherwise what's in it for them if a team made up of mid table workhorses play?

i find it incredible that we had the left side problem for 10 years but we simply played someone out of position there rather than find a left sided player by going into the championship if needed. It was almost a get out of jail to ensure Gerrard and Lampard (both big names and contracts) played.

Also, look at Rooney, woefully out of form yet still plays based on his marketability and perceived ability. Yet, for England, he scores v(admittedly a few) in the qualifiers against brick but does fudge all in the tournaments yet still plays all the time. I find it incredible he has amassed such a number of caps.

I know you like Davies. I have no problem with that; but to try to drag Rose down to his level is a bit low, especially making up a non-event to attempt to prove your point. Kone's header was certainly no fault of Rose; Kone had move into the centre of the box and indeed if you see a replay it is Vertonghen who is jumping with him.

Football is a game of opinions but to think that Rose and Davies are anywhere on the same planet is simply mind boggling. Rose craps all over Davies in every aspect and I shudder to think what would have happened yesterday if the Welshman was playing yesterday. Everton bombarded every high ball towards their right all first half and not once was Rose caught out - unlike Davies last week.

As for him not being of the top quality needed... again simply crazy. If it were not for Kane's super human season, Rose would have won player of the year last year. We are a funny lot; we big up average or mediocre players like Lamela and then hack at the knees of one of the few players we have who is genuinely top 4 quality

I didn't say I liked Davies.. I think they are on a par.. I think its a position we could improve in.

And like me the commentator blamed Rose for not following the man and switching off. If I was the opposing manager I would put our striker on Rose all game and swing in crosses from where the left.. spurs right.

If Rose had of played instead of Davies against Mahrez, I'd bet we would have been down to 10 men at some point in that game.

Utter b ollox.. Eriksen would have..

Last edited:
You're living in the past Superhudd imv, unable to move on from when was a little rough around the edges and a bit reckless - he's a superb player and streets ahead of his competition. Would cost a small fortune to improve on him

I didn't say I liked Davies.. I think they are on a par.. I think its a position we could improve in.

And like me the commentator blamed Rose for not following the man and switching off. If I was the opposing manager I would put our striker on Rose all game and swing in crosses from where the left.. spurs right.

If Rose had of played instead of Davies against Mahrez, I'd bet we would have been down to 10 men at some point in that game.

Between Mahrez and Kone, I think Kone is the hardest physical battle and would more than likely lead to frustration and a potential card.

A walking red card who hasn't received one in over 4 years......

I've said it for a while but Rose is on a completely different level to davies and is better in nearly every dept - at least the davies we have seen at spurs.

If he keeps up his form of the past year or so then i think he might start to get the plaudits he deserves and be considered the best left back in the league. I also think out of a lot of our 'big players', he's one who might be prized from us sooner than others

Where were you all when he made the mistakes in back to back games recently. And then we have another yesterday.. which thankfully didn't cost us. lol. Another round the corner. But of course I hope I am wrong and is who you say he is.

IMO, Rose is better than Davies in every aspect of the game. It's not even close between the two players.

It seems that most of the time Danny plays, he is in contention for a MoM award. He is arguably our most consistently good outfield player.

Sorry mate - the utter bollox is all coming downwind.

Bollox 1. For you to think that Davies is by any stretch of the imagination anywhere close to Rose is not a case of (pun intended) rose tinted glasses; it's glasses dipped into blood red paint! As other posters have mentioned, you are stuck in a time warp fixated on the Rose of three seasons ago. Well that player has improved and developed his game to such an extent that if the rest of the team did likewise we would be league contenders.

Bollox 2. No full back follows a player into the middle of the box if there are two centre halfs already there and marking no-one. It was their responsibility to pick him up.

Bollox 3. Can you back up your prediction by enlightening us when was Rose's last red card, especially as he has faced players far trickier than Mahrez...

Bollox 4. Eriksen was crap from March to May - indeed most posters would have dropped him if we had the like of Pritchard in the squad. Rose was consistent from the first to the last game

Finally, if you think we can improve on Danny, who do think would be better than him?

Back