• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

There was a noticeable change in him. More head down and focused on his game, which I'd attributing to the new coaching team. Correcting the above, there were two marginal calls by the ref where we saw the tiniest glimpse of 'old Rose'. He should mature and go on to impress Spurs fans.

Probably best game I've seen Rose have for Spurs, generally I'm not a fan of his for the obvious reasons.

Don't know if it's him getting back to match fitness, the coaching, or a fire under his ass due to Davies, but long may it continue ...

Probably best game I've seen Rose have for Spurs, generally I'm not a fan of his for the obvious reasons.

Don't know if it's him getting back to match fitness, the coaching, or a fire under his ass due to Davies, but long may it continue ...

I had posted the below on Aug 1st based on what I'd seen pre-season…remember, I'd been one of his biggest critics, so trust me when I say what I saw pre-season stunned me! Poch knew…;-)…Rose has also been helped by the overall change in philosophy and shape.

I'm telling you mate, what I saw a couple of weeks ago has turned me. If you watched him over the three games, let alone the first, he is absolutely moving smarter and doing his primary job better. Poch will absolutely have drilled him, and the shape he wants to play allows Rose to be in IF he wants to knuckle down and put the effort in. I think Poch sees the raw tools and believes he can re-train what for me is one of the worst footballing/concentration brains at the club. I'd already seen enough to do a virtual 180 on him (as written a few days ago) and I think Poch cannot lose at this point…we have two proper left-backs at the club. Fryers, if he remains, will be developed as a CB IMO…

I had posted the below on Aug 1st based on what I'd seen pre-season…remember, I'd been one of his biggest critics, so trust me when I say what I saw pre-season stunned me! Poch knew…;-)…Rose has also been helped by the overall change in philosophy and shape.

I'm telling you mate, what I saw a couple of weeks ago has turned me. If you watched him over the three games, let alone the first, he is absolutely moving smarter and doing his primary job better. Poch will absolutely have drilled him, and the shape he wants to play allows Rose to be in IF he wants to knuckle down and put the effort in. I think Poch sees the raw tools and believes he can re-train what for me is one of the worst footballing/concentration brains at the club. I'd already seen enough to do a virtual 180 on him (as written a few days ago) and I think Poch cannot lose at this point…we have two proper left-backs at the club. Fryers, if he remains, will be developed as a CB IMO…

I agree to an extent and he was very good today. Still left to see how he does when tested by better forward players than West Ham, Limasol and QPR could throw at us. Downing gave him a lot of problems, but Downing is a pretty handy winger so... Hopefully the mood around Rose will still be positive after the Liverpool game :)

so we indeed paid £9m to improve Danny Rose \o/

Pretty much, but he needs competition if it focuses his game more. Plenty of games this season for Rose and Davies.

Rose was excellent today, quite possibly the best performance I've seen from him in a Spurs shirt.

He started last season well too didn't he? And when he was injured, a lot of us were saying we missed the balance with him out. Hopefully, this isn't deja vu and we see more of this from the lad.

Great game.

P.S. Bit of a Paul Parker about him when it comes to aeriel challenges! Not too shabby for a short fella.

Easy to look like a good full back when the opposition play 3-5-2 and you don't have to worry about their right winger or their full back on the overlap

I don't think much of it has to do with Davies, you just need to be patient sometimes. Look at raw ability, not performances. Judging any of our defenders for how they played under Sherwood is unfair. Saying a 23yr old defender is **** because his positioning is a bit off at times is silly, that's not exactly something that can't be improved with good coaching. Fans want the finished article now and only concentrate on the flaws of players like Rose, a lot of these flaws can be ironed out, some of the comments made about Rose and Chiriches in particular really bug me. Iffy positioning and being too eager aren't limitations, they're temporary issues. Being slow is a limitation, being uncomfortable on the ball is a limitation.

I agree with all that Rossi,applies to quite a few of our players. I will be disappointed if Chiriches leaves...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Easy to look like a good full back when the opposition play 3-5-2 and you don't have to worry about their right winger or their full back on the overlap

Thank you, I was waiting for someone to point this out!

He had a good game but was given a lot of freedom, who was he really up against?

He did make some great timed tackles, and about 3 searing runs through their back line untracked, which is a very potent weapon MoPo likes to use.

But please remember that against West Ham Downing skipped past him and was fouled; from that moment on Rose stood off Downing and let him swing balls into the box.

I liked his runs off the ball too, he found some great positions and sadly wasn't picked out. These are runs that you miss if you are watching the game on TV.

His control of the ball is good, when he receives aerial passes, he takes a couple of touches and then moves with the ball. I like that ability.

He dives in to challenges but won a lot of them. I hope that he doesn't always dive in but credit it to him for his success in the challenges today.

He's improved dramatically from last season, or at least his performance today was a big improvement.

Great performance today. I thought he did well against West Ham too. Hopefully he can keep it up and make sure left won't be a weak area for us after all. Today he defended excellently, but next weekend will be a much tougher test, of course.

I agree to an extent and he was very good today. Still left to see how he does when tested by better forward players than West Ham, Limasol and QPR could throw at us. Downing gave him a lot of problems, but Downing is a pretty handy winger so... Hopefully the mood around Rose will still be positive after the Liverpool game :)

I think the key is who's playing around him PLUS his own sense of position. I think he has a greater sense of off the ball space and defensive responsibilities when possession is lost a little higher up the pitch. Our ball recovery today was excellent. That also helps him...

Thank you, I was waiting for someone to point this out!

He had a good game but was given a lot of freedom, who was he really up against?

He did make some great timed tackles, and about 3 searing runs through their back line untracked, which is a very potent weapon MoPo likes to use.

But please remember that against West Ham Downing skipped past him and was fouled; from that moment on Rose stood off Downing and let him swing balls into the box.

You look for signs though right? Signs of progression? And since the US pre-season/Davis coming in, Rose has absolutely grown in calibre of performance as well as vision/awareness, and will continue to do so IMO. As for the West Ham match, lost our right-back on 25 minutes and midfielder dropping in to make a back 4; strange circumstances.

You look for signs though right? Signs of progression? And since the US pre-season/Davis coming in, Rose has absolutely grown in calibre of performance as well as vision/awareness, and will continue to do so IMO. As for the West Ham match, lost our right-back on 25 minutes and midfielder dropping in to make a back 4; strange circumstances.
The main thing I want from Rose is to stop the silly fouls when there is no danger and defend crosses properly; today was much better in both respects but I think Isla was poor on debut.

Back