• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Liverpool employ a club psychologist full time to keep the players focused and keep their mentalities strong.

Why we don't is beyond me - we have a bunch of physios that loll around, judging by AoN, but a professional psychologist would work wonders, both for guys like Rose and for the club's overall meteorology problems more broadly.

I had assumed most PL clubs employed a club psychologist

So his poor decision making and mental health issues are not connected in your professional opinion. Okay mate.
I know people who suffer from depression in various forms. I've spent a lot of time in meetings with professionals for one of them.

Depression doesn't make a person act like Danny Rose. Being a clam does.

I can confidently say Rose would have played better than Davies today.

Not just today. Davies has been infuriating me for the last five or so games with poor crosses, lack of inventiveness and most annoyingly, giving away cheap free kicks in unecessary situations. Rose a bit like Dele has been cast aside without adequate cover. We are missing Reguilon badly though.

You'll never see me take a swipe at Sissoko's professionalism or personality. In everything but ability he's a model pro.

Rose's mental health issues are not why he's tinkled away what could have been a good career. That's down to him choosing to make enemies of mangers, slag off friends and go running to the press every time he feels aggrieved.

Those are not the actions of an intelligent person.

You obviously have no clue what mental health issues can do when it comes to choices made. This is not a criticism or even a slight on you. Judging by what you have written, it is a stone cold fact.

I am not interested in points scoring here, and would genuinely like to explain further in a private thread exchange.

On another note, you have returned to go in on a player who (mental health aside) is riding the crest of Mourinho, had kept his head down and mouth shut, trained with the U-23s and was in the verge or leaving but saw it fall apart through no fault of his own. None.

I know people who suffer from depression in various forms. I've spent a lot of time in meetings with professionals for one of them.

"Depression" is not a single condition. It is a term used to describe mental health issues which have a wide span. There are types and degrees of depression, which often also carry a second or third component such as bipolar disorder or anxiety.

When you have the complete mental health diagnosis of Danny Rose you can comment on his actions in a meaningful way. All of us on here have no clue what mental health issues he might have - could be ptsd, could be bi-polar, could be a personality disorder. It’s very easy to tap away and use a term like ‘depression’ to feel superior about the sufferings of another human being.

"Depression" is not a single condition. It is a term used to describe mental health issues which have a wide span. There are types and degrees of depression, which often also carry a second or third component such as bipolar disorder or anxiety.
I know that plenty well enough, thanks.

Rose acts like a prick because he's a prick. Sometimes it's just that simple.

You obviously have no clue what mental health issues can do when it comes to choices made. This is not a criticism or even a slight on you. Judging by what you have written, it is a stone cold fact.

I am not interested in points scoring here, and would genuinely like to explain further in a private thread exchange.

On another note, you have returned to go in on a player who (mental health aside) is riding the crest of Mourinho, had kept his head down and mouth shut, trained with the U-23s and was in the verge or leaving but saw it fall apart through no fault of his own. None.
You think his inability to find a club has nothing to do with his own behaviour or his wage demands?

I'd be absolutely amazed if that were the case.

When you have the complete mental health diagnosis of Danny Rose you can comment on his actions in a meaningful way. All of us on here have no clue what mental health issues he might have - could be ptsd, could be bi-polar, could be a personality disorder. It’s very easy to tap away and use a term like ‘depression’ to feel superior about the sufferings of another human being.
He could be suffering from any of those.

But none of them are an excuse for being a clam. He's just a clam.

You think his inability to find a club has nothing to do with his own behaviour or his wage demands?

I'd be absolutely amazed if that were the case.

He is working for his money. He isn't sitting around. I have been unhappy with him in the past, but he has done little wrong the last 24 months. Do you think he sabotaged Turkish move?

He is working for his money. He isn't sitting around. I have been unhappy with him in the past, but he has done little wrong the last 24 months. Do you think he sabotaged Turkish move?
I think the Turkish move was his only option due to his previous behaviour and wage demands. Had he had more options, the Turkish move falling through wouldn't have been a problem.

And is in no way intelligence related

Can happen to anyone at anytime

He’s said some stupid things but perhaps a bit of sympathy is in order here

Once he was good for us

Back