• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Will we not have too few homegrown players if we sell both Trippier and Rose? Unless we bring some English players in, of course. I thought we already were on the short side in that respect.

Meh. If he goes he goes.

He’s no where near the player of 3 years ago.

Him out and sess in is potentially good business.

Maybe but Sessegnon is no where good enough to play left back for us, I've watched him closely in the last 2 seasons and believe he doesn't think like a defender, you can be coached to be better at it but mentally you must want to defend.

Maybe but Sessegnon is no where good enough to play left back for us, I've watched him closely in the last 2 seasons and believe he doesn't think like a defender, you can be coached to be better at it but mentally you must want to defend.

I don’t think Rose is at the level required, potentially Sess can improve and grow into that position as an attacking full back.

We have Davies as first choice I imagine.

Really don’t understand this. Unless we sign a left back of a similar quality and age to him then we are weaker at left back as far as I’m concerned. Davies is a backup player, not a starter if you want to win the league.

And what words would they be?
I think you need to stand in a corner and chant "I will always take the word of anyone from a minority group who claims to have been wronged based on their race, regardless of any evidence or lack thereof" until you feel you've paid penance.

I don’t think Rose is at the level required, potentially Sess can improve and grow into that position as an attacking full back.

We have Davies as first choice I imagine.

It amuses me when Rose and Davies are rubbished on this site, they are both experienced international fullbacks who put in good performances for us, they have different styles and attributes yet there are hundreds of better left backs out there we should replace them with. People have short memories, Walker was a disaster always ready for a brain fart now the 3 players who replaced him are all rubbish. We will never have 11 players who are the best in the world in their position so it's up to the manager to get the best out of what we can get, that's life even on FM.

It amuses me when Rose and Davies are rubbished on this site, they are both experienced international fullbacks who put in good performances for us, they have different styles and attributes yet there are hundreds of better left backs out there we should replace them with. People have short memories, Walker was a disaster always ready for a brain fart now the 3 players who replaced him are all rubbish. We will never have 11 players who are the best in the world in their position so it's up to the manager to get the best out of what we can get, that's life even on FM.

Not sure anyone has called Rose “rubbish” ,it was only 18 months ago people wanted rid of him for non footballing reasons.

Rose has deteriorated in the past three seasons, the stats back it up - for me his decision making has also taken a dip.

He has a habit of picking up injuries and isn’t the quickest at recovering

The past 2 seasons he’s only played 36 league games.

As the manager said, painful decisions will be made this summer.

Davies is a great squad player.

Not sure anyone has called Rose “rubbish” ,it was only 18 months ago people wanted rid of him for non footballing reasons.

Rose has deteriorated in the past three seasons, the stats back it up - for me his decision making has also taken a dip.

He has a habit of picking up injuries and isn’t the quickest at recovering

The past 2 seasons he’s only played 36 league games.

As the manager said, painful decisions will be made this summer.

Davies is a great squad player.
Season before last he was seemingly frozen out because of said non footballing reasons - has he missed much football through injury since being reintegrated?

MOM in the Champion's League Final says it all. This, if true it's clueless. He is one player who does turn up in the big games.

He was excellent and played well in another couple of big games too IIRC. But he’s been making noises for a while about going and it’s clear that he’s had mental health issues. As someone else said, if he feels he needs to get out for those reasons, good luck to him and I hope he finds happiness. He’s given me a lot of really good memories in his time here from the moment he lashed that volley past The Scum.

Meh. If he goes he goes.

He’s no where near the player of 3 years ago.

Him out and sess in is potentially good business.

Would agree, he is not the player he was a couple of years ago and Davies is a better player and with Sess coming in it"s a good move for both parties..

Back