• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I don't think Poch is angry about it, otherwise he'd be dropped like others have said.

Still, I just don't see why Rose needs to make these comments in the first place. Like BoL said, what does it add?

I'm not sure if he's getting back to his best. Certainly better than last season but still frustratingly inconsistent for me. The crossing thing is a good point though. There was one point very late in the game against West Ham when someone crossed the ball in and there was one player in the box and maybe 2-3 just outside. In that case, your crossing needs to be super accurate to reach a target, let alone make a good chance out of it.
Why does it have to add something? He’s just giving his opinion. As long as it’s not detrimental to the club why does it matter? Loads of comments on here don’t add anything and are just repeating what’s already been said(especially mine:D) but I still voice my opinion and I don’t see why Rose shouldn’t especially when being asked about a subject.....

I have no problem with him speaking out. You could argue he speaks a bit too much but the media will always go after him for a quote given how outspoken he is. Seems some still have a problem with his comments from the beginning of last season, I still maintain he didn't do anything wrong. The timing wasn't great but footballers have short careers and they want to maximise their potential in terms of winning trophies and earning abilites in the short time period they have as players. Just because some on here are perfectly ok with the club not signing a player don't expect the players to be.

I think Poch is riding the squad until the end of the season, he’s accepted Rose for who he is and knows he isn’t going to change. Plus the fact that at least Rose is doing what his version of respect is in the quotes rather than going against the club, it means he is doing all he can.

But I think there’s a good chance he gets shipped out this summer, because it’s not just about what you say, and whether that’s improved or not, but what you do. Danny doesn’t need to put himself in that position, and the negative since people have asked is pressure on the club. If Eriksen goes, we could have done nothing different but there will be a perception to some that we could have done more. He has set that up, but he doesn’t seem to think through things like that.

Poch seems to like him in midfield so maybe we keep him for his versatility, but to me he doesn’t strike me as someone that ‘gets it’ and has the truly elite mentality that we need to move towards. He’s a bit too emotional and reactive, a bit too current Arsenal.

On the subject of not signing players...we’re in a CL semi and with a great chance of finishing 3rd again. This was never really going to be the season where we challenged for the title but maybe people can look back now and understand there was some method in that ‘madness’?

Why does it have to add something? He’s just giving his opinion. As long as it’s not detrimental to the club why does it matter? Loads of comments on here don’t add anything and are just repeating what’s already been said(especially mine:D) but I still voice my opinion and I don’t see why Rose shouldn’t especially when being asked about a subject.....

He was out of order last season, but since then I don't see what the problem is.
Actually think he sounds healthier and in a better place, so that's a good thing.

I know we play a different way, but there is certainly at least one team above us has two full backs that can cross excellently, time and time again. Aren’t they both in / approaching double digits for assists in the league?

It’s not to say we have to replicate their approach, but it’s been extremely effective for them this season.

I think Poch is riding the squad until the end of the season, he’s accepted Rose for who he is and knows he isn’t going to change. Plus the fact that at least Rose is doing what his version of respect is in the quotes rather than going against the club, it means he is doing all he can.

But I think there’s a good chance he gets shipped out this summer, because it’s not just about what you say, and whether that’s improved or not, but what you do. Danny doesn’t need to put himself in that position, and the negative since people have asked is pressure on the club. If Eriksen goes, we could have done nothing different but there will be a perception to some that we could have done more. He has set that up, but he doesn’t seem to think through things like that.

Poch seems to like him in midfield so maybe we keep him for his versatility, but to me he doesn’t strike me as someone that ‘gets it’ and has the truly elite meteorology that we need to move towards. He’s a bit too emotional and reactive, a bit too current Arsenal.

On the subject of not signing players...we’re in a CL semi and with a great chance of finishing 3rd again. This was never really going to be the season where we challenged for the title but maybe people can look back now and understand there was some method in that ‘madness’?

We've done what we've done in spite of no signings, not because of it.

We have just 2 attacking injuries, one of them a player who is consistently injured and another who seems to have an unfortunate knack now of picking up ankle injuries.... And it means we have Llorente and Janssen on the bench, with no attacking midfielders.

Because Son is now suspended on top of that, it likely means we have to start Llorente on Tuesday, change our entire system and have pretty much no attacking changes we can make.

That isn't good planning or particular cleverness from the club. We've reached a CL semi, with a great bloody chance of the final and most likely a higher chance if we had a few reinforcements to strength the squad.

I get what youre saying but we're just random spouting almost exclusively bs on a board and rightly nobody cares about what we say.

What Rose says and how he frames it can and does impact on the club and its players and manager.

There's something to be said for just providing a united front at times.

We've done what we've done in spite of no signings, not because of it.

We have just 2 attacking injuries, one of them a player who is consistently injured and another who seems to have an unfortunate knack now of picking up ankle injuries.... And it means we have Llorente and Janssen on the bench, with no attacking midfielders.

Because Son is now suspended on top of that, it likely means we have to start Llorente on Tuesday, change our entire system and have pretty much no attacking changes we can make.

That isn't good planning or particular cleverness from the club. We've reached a CL semi, with a great bloody chance of the final and most likely a higher chance if we had a few reinforcements to strength the squad.

I think there is something to be said for a carefully constructed spirit and dynamic that has seen us through, in spite of a ridiculous amount of injuries we still are where we are. United and Chelsea have signed a lot of players, and we’re still likely to finish ahead of them. Not making signings meant we didn’t challenge for the PL this year, but that is keeping our power dry for when we do think the time is right to make the push.

Anyway probably the wrong thread for it, but maintaining that spirit, that cohesiveness, that ability to truly be a team (which Poch has spoken of in his presser just a moment ago) is what has gotten us here. We could argue all day long whether one or two signings more would have gotten us further or less further, but there is something to be said for the spirit that we have. It is not an accident that season after season we seem to be pushing further and further ahead of what anyone thought this team was capable of.

Poch seems to like him in midfield so maybe we keep him for his versatility, but to me he doesn’t strike me as someone that ‘gets it’ and has the truly elite meteorology that we need to move towards. He’s a bit too emotional and reactive, a bit too current Arsenal.

I think rose would have been sold last summer if the club decided to wash their hands of him. He’s not quite been back to his best but he’s been close to it IMO. He’s definitely a big step up from Davies again IMO. I just think Davies is nice, neat and tidy player but that’s it.

I hope we keep Rose. There’s going to be turnover this summer but we should avoid it if we can when it comes to keeping our best players.

I really like Roses drive/aggression. And I think it works well for us defensively.

I still think he is massively over rated, particularly as an attacking player.

Happy to keep him, but if we sold him I wouldnt care at all.

I wouldn’t be happy if rose is sold and we don’t sign a replacement which would mean Ben Davies at left back.

I think there is something to be said for a carefully constructed spirit and dynamic that has seen us through, in spite of a ridiculous amount of injuries we still are where we are. United and Chelsea have signed a lot of players, and we’re still likely to finish ahead of them. Not making signings meant we didn’t challenge for the PL this year, but that is keeping our power dry for when we do think the time is right to make the push.

Anyway probably the wrong thread for it, but maintaining that spirit, that cohesiveness, that ability to truly be a team (which Poch has spoken of in his presser just a moment ago) is what has gotten us here. We could argue all day long whether one or two signings more would have gotten us further or less further, but there is something to be said for the spirit that we have. It is not an accident that season after season we seem to be pushing further and further ahead of what anyone thought this team was capable of.

We're not pushing further and further ahead though, realistically. In the league, we've gone from putting up a title challenge and at points actually being within a couple of points off top and having the chance to go top (but collapsing at the end when it was no longer mathematically possible), to being involved in a title race but never really getting closer to 4-7 points off a team which gained an incredible amount of points, to finishing comfortably in 3rd place, 7 ahead of 4th and 4 behind 2nd, to currently being involved in a scrap for a top 4 place and 22!!! points off 2nd place.

We've gone from 1 point off 2nd (but should have been 2nd), to 2nd, to 4 points off 2nd (but 23 off 1st) to currently 21 points off 2nd.

There is no objective measure that can say we have pushing further and further ahead in the league. We are falling behind in the league. We've reached 2 stages further in the CL, though injuries and lack of attacking depth looks set to potentially screw us. And domestic cup semi, which is not as far as we've reached before.

And how far do we take this attitude? I saw it quite a few times when people justified no transfers for the last 2 windows, this much vaunted team spirit. Why ever bother making another transfer ever again? How long do we not make transfers for? Could ruin this much vaunted team spirit right? When did we become this insular set of fans where all other players are somehow viewed with suspicion that they'll ruin the team dynamic and spirit? As if we added an attacking mid or a central midfielder, we'd just have infighting or the team spirit plummet.

We're not pushing further and further ahead though, realistically. In the league, we've gone from putting up a title challenge and at points actually being within a couple of points off top and having the chance to go top (but collapsing at the end when it was no longer mathematically possible), to being involved in a title race but never really getting closer to 4-7 points off a team which gained an incredible amount of points, to finishing comfortably in 3rd place, 7 ahead of 4th and 4 behind 2nd, to currently being involved in a scrap for a top 4 place and 22!!! points off 2nd place.

We've gone from 1 point off 2nd (but should have been 2nd), to 2nd, to 4 points off 2nd (but 23 off 1st) to currently 21 points off 2nd.

There is no objective measure that can say we have pushing further and further ahead in the league. We are falling behind in the league. We've reached 2 stages further in the CL, though injuries and lack of attacking depth looks set to potentially screw us. And domestic cup semi, which is not as far as we've reached before.

And how far do we take this attitude? I saw it quite a few times when people justified no transfers for the last 2 windows, this much vaunted team spirit. Why ever bother making another transfer ever again? How long do we not make transfers for? Could ruin this much vaunted team spirit right? When did we become this insular set of fans where all other players are somehow viewed with suspicion that they'll ruin the team dynamic and spirit? As if we added an attacking mid or a central midfielder, we'd just have infighting or the team spirit plummet.

It’s about picking your moment, being in control of your strategy and doing things in the way that benefits us. Of course we will make signings again, but this season was a very particular case based on a number of factors, certain player’s contractual situations, the new stadium, who was available etc.

This era of the club will see us recognised as a top 3 team. Whether we made a signing or 3 wasn’t going to help us beat Liverpool or City this season and keep us on the track long term. I suspect this summer we will make big changes, and this will be when we choose to strike and make that push. Because we have the platform for it, because we can get certain players out, and get certain players in. To still be top 3 and in a CL semi when the likes of United and Chelsea continue to spend way more money than we can shows that there is something in keeping a right, cohesive squad together.

Think long term, and think of all the variables. It’s not all about having to make this season the one where we really go for it. We are keeping our powder dry and waiting to that when we choose to strike, we can sustain it.

It’s about picking your moment, being in control of your strategy and doing things in the way that benefits us. Of course we will make signings again, but this season was a very particular case based on a number of factors, certain player’s contractual situations, the new stadium, who was available etc.

This era of the club will see us recognised as a top 3 team. Whether we made a signing or 3 wasn’t going to help us beat Liverpool or City this season and keep us on the track long term. I suspect this summer we will make big changes, and this will be when we choose to strike and make that push. Because we have the platform for it, because we can get certain players out, and get certain players in. To still be top 3 and in a CL semi when the likes of United and Chelsea continue to spend way more money than we can shows that there is something in keeping a right, cohesive squad together.

Think long term, and think of all the variables. It’s not all about having to make this season the one where we really go for it. We are keeping our powder dry and waiting to that when we choose to strike, we can sustain it.

I don't think making no signings and having the chance of being in the EL with the stadium costs is being in control of the strategy tbh. That isn't an optimal strategy.

I am thinking long term (or at least medium term). And in the space of 4 years, we have been on a downward trajectory in the league during that time, getting further and further away from the top and further and further towards the top 4 scrap.

But why should we be making big changes this summer? Surely that could disrupt team chemistry that has taken us this far? And I'm uncomfortable about making big changes with a manager that tends to take a long time to integrate players into his squad and his methods.

I don't think making no signings and having the chance of being in the EL with the stadium costs is being in control of the strategy tbh. That isn't an optimal strategy.

I am thinking long term (or at least medium term). And in the space of 4 years, we have been on a downward trajectory in the league during that time, getting further and further away from the top and further and further towards the top 4 scrap.

But why should we be making big changes this summer? Surely that could disrupt team chemistry that has taken us this far? And I'm uncomfortable about making big changes with a manager that tends to take a long time to integrate players into his squad and his methods.

The point is, even if we finished 5th or 6th, we’d still be in control because it wouldn’t damage us. We’d still have the base to get back to where we want to be As it was, we’re favourites to finish 3rd, again.

Over this particular era we peaked at the end of 16/17 in the League and have continued to improve in Europe. I believe that this summer - and it will only be born out when it actually happens - that we will make big changes. And by that I mean making some key, big name signings to boost the first 11. Not too many, because Poch isn’t going to do that. But I tjjjk we’ll see 2 or 3 big money signings, and two or 3 potentially surprising names will go. Because in a sense I agree with you, we have peaked and we can’t rely on these players forever. But clearly the strategy was to make the most of what we had rather than selling certain players for the sake of it or under market rate, or for inferior replacements, and we’ve made the most of it.

It can’t be a constant upward trajectory without a few stabilising years, particularly in our competitive environment with our restrictions. As far as I’ve concerned, if we get 3rd again the decisions were vindicated. This wasn’t seen to be the season where we make the real push, it was a season of consolidation. And in the grand scheme of things, it will he seen as an important step in getting us to where we want to be.

Back