• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

We had Sean Dyche come in to the office yesterday to give a management talk (he was pretty good), but he mentioned how in any group you have “sappers” and “energizers”, the sappers sap the energy from a group and its up to everyone and the management to get them back in to line. If they don’t then they are marginalized and ultimately have to leave.

I’d suggest Rose has been a sapper since his first injury 2 years ago?

Dyche also talked about trust and respect, I think this is appropriate here as well, Poch (and the club as a whole) were blatantly disrespected last summer and he just doesn’t trust Rose anymore IMO.

Not the thread for it - but Id love to hear more about this

We had Sean Dyche come in to the office yesterday to give a management talk (he was pretty good), but he mentioned how in any group you have “sappers” and “energizers”, the sappers sap the energy from a group and its up to everyone and the management to get them back in to line. If they don’t then they are marginalized and ultimately have to leave.

I’d suggest Rose has been a sapper since his first injury 2 years ago?

Dyche also talked about trust and respect, I think this is appropriate here as well, Poch (and the club as a whole) were blatantly disrespected last summer and he just doesn’t trust Rose anymore IMO.
I used to work with someone (young enough to have read Harry Potter stuff) who used to call them Dementors - they're apparently some kind of spirit that sucks the life out of you whenever they're near you. Sounded like an accurate description.

We've all worked with people like that - Rose certainly sounds like one of them.

He is part of a club. A team and squad. And basically never shows an inclusive attitude to that. "them" more than "we". Like I said, a detatchment - and not just to the fans.

It’s a job to these guys, not all of them feel the same way - like any job or office.

As long as he performs I don’t really care how he feels towards the club, and he seems to get on with most if not al the squad.

Since going to left back he’s been pretty much flawless.

I'd go even further. Brimming with resentment is the impression I get on reading that piece.
Hopefully it's the media spin, but it seems far too subtle for that.

It certainly reads like "Spurs fudged up my leg, Spurs fudged me up on painkillers, I got depressed trying to get fit for Spurs' sake, Spurs fined me for trying to talk about this and would do so again, only the England camp has tried to help me through this.... etc."

It’s a job to these guys, not all of them feel the same way - like any job or office.

As long as he performs I don’t really care how he feels towards the club, and he seems to get on with most if not al the squad.

Im not going to debate it all day, as it was simple observation on what I read. Honestly, it bothers me to the degree its notable, but Im not losing sleep on it and I dont care enough to argue the ins and outs all day.

Ill just say, it seems to me, he is rather detatched from the club, not really one with the group. Thats all.

Also, Id wouldnt describe him as "flawless" on the field, or even close to it, but thats a whole other conversation.

Id suggest some of you take a step back and remember that the written word can often come across different to how it is spoken/intended

Completely fair point. We can only go by what we see but its an entirely valid caveat to hold with these things.

If someone in my office went around telling our competitors and the public that we mistreated them and indirectly blamed us in part for their mental health issues, they'd be sacked the same day.

While I feel that, yet again, some of Rose's comments would've been better kept private. I think the comments may indicate a general concern over the treatment of injuries. Taking pain killers for prolongued periods is never advisable and there are links between long term consumption of pain killers (especially prescription pain killers) and depression.

Not if the claims were false and/or if my lawyer were better than theirs.

False and true is an out of date concepts.
Its all down to costs.
It's why these things are settled.

One of ours got three payouts from different banks in 7 years in London in excess of £300k.

Last edited:
False and true is an out of date concepts.
It all down to costs.
It's why these things are settled.

One of ours got three payouts from different banks in 7 years in London in excess of £300k.
Why did you employ someone with such a litigious history? That's surely a recipe for disaster.

If someone in my office went around telling our competitors and the public that we mistreated them and indirectly blamed us in part for their mental health issues, they'd be sacked the same day.
If you had been insisting that they consumed a diet of painkillers over a number of months in order to continue working as opposed to recovering properly then that (former) member of your office might have a duty of care suit to file against you along with the possible unfair dismissal one. ;)

If you had been insisting that they consumed a diet of painkillers over a number of months in order to continue working as opposed to recovering properly then that (former) member of your office might have a duty of care suit to file against you along with the possible unfair dismissal one. ;)
If the painkillers were on the advice of a good doctor their (his) case would be (is) flimflam.

The dismissal would be a "George Graham" one - for speaking out publicly against the company. No case there either.

Obviously sacking Rose would be to give him what he wants and isn't the correct course of action here. Rotting in the reserves until the end of his contract is - it's just a shame we played him enough this season that he gets to go to the World Cup.

Why did you employ someone with such a litigious history? That's surely a recipe for disaster.

I didn't :D we made about 30k :cool:
That was back in 2002. £300k! was a lot back then, football player cost peanuts!
The two banks in question were stupid.
The funny part was it was on her written CV. :eek:
She will be doing same wherever she is. She was gorgeous! Surprise! not!

If the painkillers were on the advice of a good doctor their (his) case would be (is) flimflam.

The dismissal would be a "George Graham" one - for speaking out publicly against the company. No case there either.

Obviously sacking Rose would be to give him what he wants and isn't the correct course of action here. Rotting in the reserves until the end of his contract is - it's just a shame we played him enough this season that he gets to go to the World Cup.
Has Rose actually spoken out against the club here?
“It’s no secret that I’ve been through a testing time at Tottenham this season,”

“It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about. I had to get away from Tottenham."

“England has been my salvation and I can’t thank the manager and the medical staff enough. It was really hard, and being referred to a doctor and psychologist by the Spurs club doctor helped me massively to cope. I haven’t told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I’ve kept it to myself until now.”

“It all stemmed from my injury when I was advised I didn’t need an operation. I don’t know how many tablets I took to try and get fit for Tottenham, how many injections I took trying to get fit for Tottenham. I had cortisone and platelet-rich plasma injections trying to be fit for my club.

“I had to have an operation four months down the line – after all that football I missed, when the team was flying and I was playing really well, the team were playing really well. Seeing the lads beat Arsenal comfortably, seeing them beat Man United comfortably, it was hard. I’m not saying I’ve had worse treatment than anybody else. That’s football. But it was difficult – that was the start of it.”

I don't think there is a valid case to sack a member of staff over these comments and doing so would lead to an unfair dismissal case.

Have we insisted Rose consume pain killers etc?

I was always of the impression injury management and recovery was a joint venture.

Perhaps he wanted to keep playing and so pushed himself with painkillers in the belief the issues would resolve?

See you forget again, it's not about right and wrong it's about cost. Good doctor or bad doctor is irrelevant, think about if it goes to court, publicity and expense.
I should have loved to have been a footballer, failing that a barrister or HR lawyer.

Back