• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Its an old one but cracks me up everytime

[video=youtube_share;XALVPwkor7U]http://youtu.be/XALVPwkor7U[/video]

This could go in the picture that makes me feel nice thread, even though it's a video. Anything than the doom and gloom about Spurs and Bale.

Not good enough from what i saw today, im all for giving the young players a chance i would favour that tactic myself but they have to show something.

He got caught in possesion a few times made poor choices with his passes and his tackling was not good enough. Makes me wonder what ekotto has done or not done in training.
Not sure he can ever reach the level we need, at least carroll and townsend have shown something to make us want them in the first team.

Rose today was i thought the worst player on the team it may only be pre season but his body language looked poor he was the only one stood with his hand on his hips blowing his cheeks even in the first half.

He'll learn the more he plays there. Plus we attack more than we defend.

Big year for him. An injury to Cole and loss of form for Baines and he's on his way to Rio

I think the criticism is a tad harsh. Provided more going forward than walker

Put in a couple of crosses, but honestly when someone like me thinks he wont make it(i favour the approach of giving youngsters a chance) then he is in trouble. Was very poor defensively today.

Big year for him. An injury to Cole and loss of form for Baines and he's on his way to Rio

We may attack more then we defend but a defender can not make poor choices like he does, bad positions and then lazy runs back and poor timing of the tackles. Nope today was a bad day for him if he was trying to win a place in the team. AVB will have his work cut out making him good enough.

he has been playing as a LB for 18 months now and he still gets caught out of posistion all the time, his tackling is poor and he is a red card waiting to happen.

Fryers is an awful awful left back.

Well he looked good today at CB and plays as a defender, unlike Rose who plays as a failed flank player. He is not good enough and we will see that as the season goes on, if AVB sticks with him ( which i very much doubt he will).

Well he looked good today at CB and plays as a defender, unlike Rose who plays as a failed flank player. He is not good enough and we will see that as the season goes on, if AVB sticks with him ( which i very much doubt he will).

Fryers looked very comfortable at centre half today and he did against Monaco too. Which is why it's quite amusing that his actual position is left back.

Fryers looked very comfortable at centre half today and he did against Monaco too. Which is why it's quite amusing that his actual position is left back.

Well i have never seen him play as a LB, however if that is his best ( normal) posistion you would think he may do a better job then Rose.

Well i have never seen him play as a LB, however if that is his best ( normal) posistion you would think he may do a better job then Rose.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's his normal position as he looks so much better at centre half. Rose bricks all over him at left back.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's his normal position as he looks so much better at centre half. Rose bricks all over him at left back.

Fair enough, as i said i have not seen him play as a LB but i find it hard to believe he is worse then Rose. We need to get Benny back in the team or buy another one then because Rose is not the answer.

I actually think Rose looks promising at left-back. He has decent pace and strength to recover when caught up the pitch and, as such, he commits himself forward and provides better width then BAE does. His crosses weren't great today, but he got in good, advanced positions 3 or 4 times to deliver them. And he also got an assist for the goal by getting himself into the box at a good time. I like his direct play, I think it compliments the rest of the team well and balances out the left flank.

Defensively, he can still improve, but I think AVB is looking at what he brings to the table, rather than his defensive deficiencies. IMO, he's worth persevering with.

Back