• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Once/if he gets fit then let’s worry what we think or do with young Danny.
ATM he is just a player with a long term injury.

People want to sell one of our best players to a rival because he said a few things in an interview that upset them?

Imagine some of you lot when Ghaly was around.

I agree, but in fairness, Ghaly's was a one-off shirt toss whereas Rose has bitched twice long and loudly this past summer. But again, I agree. As much as I think he's a fudging prat, the bottom line is that if we make the CL knock-out stages, to have him back and match-fit would be a massive massive asset, and might be enough to see us drive deep into the cups AND stay top 4 (rotation, etc)...

I agree, but in fairness, Ghaly's was a one-off shirt toss whereas Rose has bitched twice long and loudly this past summer. But again, I agree. As much as I think he's a fudging prat, the bottom line is that if we make the CL knock-out stages, to have him back and match-fit would be a massive massive asset, and might be enough to see us drive deep into the cups AND stay top 4 (rotation, etc)...

And ghaly lost teeth for the club. I always thought he got hugely unfairly treated by the fans. Keane did exactly he same thing and no fecks were given

People want to sell one of our best players to a rival because he said a few things in an interview that upset them?

I don't think we should automatically sell him.

He shouldn't be allowed to play until after the World Cup though. Missing his last chance to go to a World Cup should be the very minimum price he pays for what he said.

If he spends the time apologising to all the teammates he had to Google and recognising the transformative role Poch had in his career, then he can play again next season. After an apology to the fans for being a clam.

I don't think we should automatically sell him.

He shouldn't be allowed to play until after the World Cup though. Missing his last chance to go to a World Cup should be the very minimum price he pays for what he said.

If he spends the time apologising to all the teammates he had to Google and recognising the transformative role Poch had in his career, then he can play again next season. After an apology to the fans for being a clam.
facepalm.gif

Last edited:
I agree with Scara. In a lot of other clubs, you'd forgive a good player for breaking lines and talking to The Sun...not just giving an interview but being blatantly disrespectful to team mates with the Google comment and frankly delusional that he was as good a player before Poch got here.

In a lot of other clubs, you forgive that because you need good players where you can get them. With us, the reason we can compete against clubs with more money is because we have a togetherness, a discipline, with every person pulling in the same direction. Most fans upset with Rose ordinarily wouldn't be that bothered about what he said, but because they recognise why we have done so well, Rose's actions are a threat to the very harmony we have created.

The only caveat for me is that his actions were so utterly mental, so unlikely to work in terms of getting him a move and with the idea that his agents weren't even in on it...there must be some sort of mental health problem at play here. Beyond boredom and veering on depression as an injured footballer away from home that just wants to be noticed again. What he did made so little sense, and was so blatantly against everything the coach that made him the player he is believes in, that he can't have been thinking straight. And it's a tough one, but that deserves a level of sympathy. I don't know if there is a way back for him - quite honestly Davies has stepped up to such an extent that Rose is no where near an automatic pick now, and while we could use him for depth, toeing the line between sympathy for any mental problems and discipline for breaking ranks is a very difficult one.

I agree with Scara. In a lot of other clubs, you'd forgive a good player for breaking lines and talking to The Sun...not just giving an interview but being blatantly disrespectful to team mates with the Google comment and frankly delusional that he was as good a player before Poch got here.

In a lot of other clubs, you forgive that because you need good players where you can get them. With us, the reason we can compete against clubs with more money is because we have a togetherness, a discipline, with every person pulling in the same direction. Most fans upset with Rose ordinarily wouldn't be that bothered about what he said, but because they recognise why we have done so well, Rose's actions are a threat to the very harmony we have created.

The only caveat for me is that his actions were so utterly mental, so unlikely to work in terms of getting him a move and with the idea that his agents weren't even in on it...there must be some sort of mental health problem at play here. Beyond boredom and veering on depression as an injured footballer away from home that just wants to be noticed again. What he did made so little sense, and was so blatantly against everything the coach that made him the player he is believes in, that he can't have been thinking straight. And it's a tough one, but that deserves a level of sympathy. I don't know if there is a way back for him - quite honestly Davies has stepped up to such an extent that Rose is no where near an automatic pick now, and while we could use him for depth, toeing the line between sympathy for any mental problems and discipline for breaking ranks is a very difficult one.

Team doing even better in his absence than when he was playing. Colleagues regularly getting win bonuses he was missing out on. Walker going off to one of the money-doped clubs and doubling his wages. Long hours in the day to do nothing but angst about all this plus the abuse imagined or real that some of our fans aimed at him when he was breaking through into the team.

So maybe not so much a mental health issue, more likely just a seething anger that had festered over the interminable time he's been out of the side with injury that needed an outlet. Just a shame no one picked up on it before it was too late.

There were a few things in that interview that were a concern. I think I've seen him mention twice now that he hasn't forgotten how we treated him when he first came into the team. It's like he will pick up on some indifference when he first comes back into the team which may affect him.

The notion that Poch hasn't improved him as a player also smacks of someone who is extremely sensitive and perhaps reads a lot into all the media a fan comment.

I rated him so highly as a left back I just wish the article had never happened and also his injury which I think might have been the difference in the cup semi vs Chelsea and maybe even the league. It will take a lot of contrition on his part and some outstanding man management from Poch to return to the position he was in pre injury, not withstanding how this long lay off impacts his initial and longer term form!

Team doing even better in his absence than when he was playing. Colleagues regularly getting win bonuses he was missing out on. Walker going off to one of the money-doped clubs and doubling his wages. Long hours in the day to do nothing but angst about all this plus the abuse imagined or real that some of our fans aimed at him when he was breaking through into the team.

So maybe not so much a mental health issue, more likely just a seething anger that had festered over the interminable time he's been out of the side with injury that needed an outlet. Just a shame no one picked up on it before it was too late.
All valid points, maybe playing and training, especially with the combative style he has was the release he needs for all that pent up aggression too.

It may just be that, but if it is over riding anger...we haven't seen anything like this from Lamela, in his home country or otherwise. It is definitely a tough one, but Rose clearly showed he doesn't have the mental strength to carry on through. A top pro that Poch could trust, would have. A long injury deserves some sympathy but to do something that just blatantly wasn't helpful for the team? On the eve of the season? Was there no other outlet for anger or frustration than to do that?

Maybe the name at the end of that search question should be "Danny Rose".

(The google thing is going to stick with him for a hell of a long time. I still hope there's a way back for him once fit, but he'll have to fight for his place.).
If I were a teammate of his this would never end.

There might be something serious in it for a while, but even after it became good natured it would have to continue.

Personally, I'm happy with whatever Poch decides re. Rose. If Poch thinks he has a role to play, then we should support that decision. If he thinks he should be frozen out, then I'd support that too.

My feeling is, Rose is a grafter and Poch likes that attitude. So if he trains hard and plays his way back in, taking his chances when Davies needs to be rotated or gets injured, then Poch will give him a fair crack.

I've never been quite sure why Ghaly was painted as some hate figure. How I remember it was that he came on as sub, against Blackburn, in a game we needed to avoid defeat in to make sure we didn't have a final day battle to secure European football. He had a bit of a mare with plenty of our own fans getting on his back, was then subbed (as a sub) and was rightly frustrated with his performance, with his manager removing him and his own fans giving him pelters. Not the finest hour of our fan base I might add, especially as the said player had actually lost his teeth 4 months earlier and was knocked out against Portsmouth.

Don't get the comparisons at all. And, incidentally, I don't think people are specifically saying sell him to a rival. What people are saying is that Rose is a player who has on two occasions, away from the pressure of the football pitch, made comments that illustrate that he doesn't quite have the feeling for the fanbase and possibly the club with the second episode coming on the eve of the season and whilst that player has been drawing a full wage for 6 months without playing a single minute. So they are saying that if the player feels we are all such a bad bunch then stick a transfer request in and state publically through the appropriate channels that you don't like playing for the club anymore and that you are willing to forego your bonus in order to facilitate a move. If you don't want to do that then keep your counsel and get fit for selection, its really that simple.

I hope he still has a part to play and that when he returns the fanbase don't give him another opportunity to moan and complain. He is a talented boy who has served us well but that is a two way street, we have also served him very well, especially during his 9 month hiatus.

Back