• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

This is the second goddamn instance of this happening this season, after Lamela. And it is a blow, no doubt about it.

Reports saying three months to full fitness therefore he'll miss the start of next season.

I don't trust them anymore than I trusted the reports that he'd be back at the start of April - which then became mid-April, late-April, in time for the derby, in time for the United game, before the end of the season, and now further surgery and three months to full fitness.

Like Lamela, there's been a roosterup somewhere, or we've been really unlucky. But one thing that has come out of this is that injury updates have become far more speculative affairs, on both sides of the fence.

Hmmm...really unlucky considering the Lamela thing too. I'm wondering if it's something Poch's methods bring up, because he has talked before about how he works players super hard, harder even, when they are out of action so that they can return at peak fitness because of the style he needs. Maybe the trade off there is the risk that some injuries will take longer because of the risk that damage doesn't get to heal?

I'm entirely speculating. It may just be that we are really unlucky. We've been fine with Kane, Toby and Jan coming straight back in to the team...

Hmmm...really unlucky considering the Lamela thing too. I'm wondering if it's something Poch's methods bring up, because he has talked before about how he works players super hard, harder even, when they are out of action so that they can return at peak fitness because of the style he needs. Maybe the trade off there is the risk that some injuries will take longer because of the risk that damage doesn't get to heal?

I'm entirely speculating. It may just be that we are really unlucky. We've been fine with Kane, Toby and Jan coming straight back in to the team...

Everyone is different. Some may be more susceptible to certain injuries or take longer getting over them.

Proper monitoring of players and prevention of injuries is still only in its infancy.

Reports saying three months to full fitness therefore he'll miss the start of next season.

Eh?

Three months is mid August which is usually when the season starts.

For those that have been lucky enough to avoid exploratory or invasive surgery on the knee, here's my two pence worth.

MRI scans can very accurately diagnose what type of surgery is required depending on the extent of the damage to ligaments, meniscus (cushion between the bones) or any others parts of the knee.

Exploratory surgery is when they give you a general anesthetic and enter your knee area (or hip in the case of Lamela) via a tiny drilled hole and clear up any loose cartilage that is floating around the knee joint. It has a much lesser recovery timeframe than a standard reconstruction e.g. Sandro's ACL injury (hence why Lamela was on an exercise bike a week or two after his operation) and I fully expect Rose to be running in less than 6 weeks after this operation. Hence why he'll be back for the start of next season. At Wembley.

Eh?

Three months is mid August which is usually when the season starts.

For those that have been lucky enough to avoid exploratory or invasive surgery on the knee, here's my two pence worth.

MRI scans can very accurately diagnose what type of surgery is required depending on the extent of the damage to ligaments, meniscus (cushion between the bones) or any others parts of the knee.

Exploratory surgery is when they give you a general anesthetic and enter your knee area (or hip in the case of Lamela) via a tiny drilled hole and clear up any loose cartilage that is floating around the knee joint. It has a much lesser recovery timeframe than a standard reconstruction e.g. Sandro's ACL injury (hence why Lamela was on an exercise bike a week or two after his operation) and I fully expect Rose to be running in less than 6 weeks after this operation. Hence why he'll be back for the start of next season. At Wembley.
But most professional athletes, especially under Poch, need a pre-season. According to the article Rose won't have one due to recovery.

Such a shame this injury. Seemed like nothing when it first happened. Lets hope we'll see both him, Winks and Lamela back and fully fit in august. It will be like three new signings.

Surgery done. Recovery begins tomorrow. All the best Danny, shame you weren't there against Chelsea in the semi final!

Sorry if i have this wrong but are you suggesting that we lost because Davies played instead of Rose. Because if you are i would disagree.

My mistake as someone just pointed out below. The memory goes as you get older :eek:

Last edited:
Back