• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

For Ramos what happened behind the scenes was that Levy allowed his 2 top players to be sold and replaced them with crud. We then won 2 points from eight games and the rest is history. This window reminds me of the Ramos window as once again we have failed to address key areas of weakness. I hope Poch doesn't end up the same way as Ramos.

This would be funny if it was not so sad.

Last edited:
For Ramos what happened behind the scenes was that Levy allowed his 2 top players to be sold and replaced them with crud. We then won 2 points from eight games and the rest is history. This window reminds me of the Ramos window as once again we have failed to address key areas of weakness. I hope Poch doesn't end up the same way as Ramos.

His hand was forced somewhat and to his credit, he hasn't allowed it to happen again.

Hmm....i do remember the rumours of Poyet undermining him; i was 50:50 at the time as to whether i believed them or not.

I have to say looking back now and seeing how Poyet generally seems to be, i believe them almost 100% now

His hand was forced somewhat and to his credit, he hasn't allowed it to happen again.
Yes he has, with Modric and Bale. Look I understand it would be difficult to resist the sale of players who want to go and I don't want to reopen old debates. But I just want to point out Levy is far from perfect and some of his transfer dealings have cost his managers their job. I really hope it does not go that way for Poch. So in my view it is ok to criticise Levy without being subject to some of sanctimonious clap trap I 've seen on here.

Yes he has, with Modric and Bale. Look I understand it would be difficult to resist the sale of players who want to go and I don't want to reopen old debates. But I just want to point out Levy is far from perfect and some of his transfer dealings have cost his managers their job. I really hope it does not go that way for Poch. So in my view it is ok to criticise Levy without being subject to some of sanctimonious clap trap I 've seen on here.

Who has been sanctimonious? And I haven't seen anyone say that Levy hasn't made mistakes or that it is not OK to criticise him. I think that all that has happened is that in response to some pretty OTT posts about the transfer window people have pointed out the constraints we are working within and the general state of the market.

Who has been sanctimonious? And I haven't seen anyone say that Levy hasn't made mistakes or that it is not OK to criticise him. I think that all that has happened is that in response to some pretty OTT posts about the transfer window people have pointed out the constraints we are working within and the general state of the market.

But those constraints were self imposed! If whoever - Poch, Levy, Mitchell or all of them - decided that Berahino was the only striker in the world who was suitable for us, then it is incomprehensive - not to mention duplicitous - to then come out and justify the disastrous result of this transfer window, simply because WBA refused to play ball and things were so obviously left to the last minute with no backup option. It is simply unfathomable that a team with our limitations in terms of budget, lack of CL and recent history can make such a monumental blunder. Are you therefore telling me that the teams on our level in Europe had only the players they bought as original targets?

It is this fact which I believes riles several posters and is behind the so called OTT posts; but even there I have seen very few really OTT comments to be honest. The vast majority were genuine and justified criticism of a transfer window which cannot be described to have been even anywhere close to satisfactory.

But those constraints were self imposed! If whoever - Poch, Levy, Mitchell or all of them - decided that Berahino was the only striker in the world who was suitable for us, then it is incomprehensive - not to mention duplicitous - to then come out and justify the disastrous result of this transfer window, simply because WBA refused to play ball and things were so obviously left to the last minute with no backup option. It is simply unfathomable that a team with our limitations in terms of budget, lack of CL and recent history can make such a monumental blunder. Are you therefore telling me that the teams on our level in Europe had only the players they bought as original targets?

It is this fact which I believes riles several posters and is behind the so called OTT posts; but even there I have seen very few really OTT comments to be honest. The vast majority were genuine and justified criticism of a transfer window which cannot be described to have been even anywhere close to satisfactory.

I think that you frequently make OTT posts because you are the the habit of exaggerating your case and dismissing what others say without consideration.

In you post here you state as fact that "Poch, Levy, Mitchell or all of them - decided that Berahino was the only striker in the world who was suitable for us" when we know that we bid for at least two other strikers during the summer window and neither of those were at the last minute.

Levy to 'some' of our fans is like the Romans where to the 'The People's Front of Judea' in Life of Brian

Levy to 'some' of our fans is like the Romans where to the 'The People's Front of Judea' in Life of Brian

This is the kind of sanctimonious post I am talking about Milo. There are plenty of them. Dismissive of any reasoned critique of Levy. Do you not think those who are critical of Levy's transfer dealings do not understand the constraints. Why do we need to be told.

I think that you frequently make OTT posts because you are the the habit of exaggerating your case and dismissing what others say without consideration.

In you post here you state as fact that "Poch, Levy, Mitchell or all of them - decided that Berahino was the only striker in the world who was suitable for us" when we know that we bid for at least two other strikers during the summer window and neither of those were at the last minute.
Do we know we actually bid for these strikers? Or was it just interest.

I am not sure that anyone is saying Levy has not made mistakes and can not be criticised ( I am not anyway), I have never meet anyone in any field that has/does not make mistakes.

All I ( and others) are saying that some of the hysterical bitching, name calling and rubbish said about him ( you can call it clap trap) is rubbish.

Do we know we actually bid for these strikers? Or was it just interest.

Shurley that is the point, do we actually know he did not because that seems to be the point the Levy haters are saying without any real proof either way. Its easy to diss Levy as many have without knowing the actual facts, now that in my book is jumping the gun and shows a complete lack of reason.

This is the kind of sanctimonious post I am talking about Milo. There are plenty of them. Dismissive of any reasoned critique of Levy. Do you not think those who are critical of Levy's transfer dealings do not understand the constraints. Why do we need to be told.

I thought that Stephen was just trying to inject some humour into proceedings.

I have no problem with criticism of Levy or the club. Personally, I prefer measured criticism where people acknowledge the weaknesses of their own argument or admit what we do not know.

Unfortunately, I think that a lot of the people who criticise Levy go over the top and make the mistake of thinking that making a lot of noise and repeating the same thing over and over again is a substitute for a convincing argument.

Interesting choice of of word

You're missing the point! Levy is irrelevant, he is just a focal point for your frustrations eg 'The Romans'. None of us know how Levy truly does or does not go about his business. All that some do is put their media driven spin on the an individual incidents like lets say Berahino.
We know Berahino, is not at Spurs, although frustrating it is is what it is. The whys will always be pure conjecture. Blame is a waste of time and just plays to media driven narrative.

but lets move on..COYS

Back