• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

That depends on who we get
- If we take 70 odd days for a sub par manager (and that is super subjective) = yes, not good enough
- If we get the "right" guy = hard to argue

Quoting players who left 8+ years ago is a bit of a stretch

Regardless of who comes in, I think you will be deeply disappointed if you think a "massive squad restructuring" is on the table this summer (with what money?)
- I expect quite a few outs (mostly 2nd choice players)
- Two or three first team changes at most.

What you'v

With the kane money. I don't expect him to stay this summer and if he does it won't work out like we'd hoped.
We are not getting a manager. We will be getting a coach.
Paratici is going to be overseeing the restructuring, the ins and outs.

Sure that is the dof role but what if he brings in players the coach doesn't want or sells players thst he does. There needs to be some consultation not just the dof doing whatever he wants. That is a recipe for disaster

What you'v

With the kane money. I don't expect him to stay this summer and if he does it won't work out like we'd hoped.

Sure that is the dof role but what if he brings in players the coach doesn't want or sells players thst he does. There needs to be some consultation not just the dof doing whatever he wants. That is a recipe for disaster

That should be discussed in the interview phase. So the dof and coach know they are on the same page to take the club forward.

That depends on who we get
- If we take 70 odd days for a sub par manager (and that is super subjective) = yes, not good enough
- If we get the "right" guy = hard to argue

Quoting players who left 8+ years ago is a bit of a stretch

Regardless of who comes in, I think you will be deeply disappointed if you think a "massive squad restructuring" is on the table this summer (with what money?)
- I expect quite a few outs (mostly 2nd choice players)
- Two or three first team changes at most.

Are there any mentioned or unmentioned candidates you think would be the right appointment?

Try the Terry Neil era...and I know you know! Willie Young FFS!!!!!!

Indeed, i am having nightmares just remembering " the good old days", funny enough i was talking to my lad about s ome of the brick we have had here over the years and we both agreed that CB was the posistion we have probably had more crap players the any other posistion. :eek:

Try the Terry Neil era...and I know you know! Willie Young FFS!!!!!!

What was the reaction then when we missed out on brian clough and got in terry neil?

Just curious. Saw an old parkinson interview with clough where he said he turned us down.

Are there any mentioned or unmentioned candidates you think would be the right appointment?

Don't know enough to be honest, in that while I obviously see other teams play, I don't analyse their style (don't care most days) in the way I have/would with Spurs.

I'd rather someone younger, with a more attacking/less pragmatic view to football

I think it's back to where we used to be, we still need to be somehow more than the sub of the parts, so we need to be well coached/drilled.

I don't see Kane going this summer, it seems it's only City, they don't have a penchant for taking their time, if they wanted him I think there would have been a real offer. The maybe £100M, maybe 3 players (who won't agree) is the kind of flimflam offer everyone knows Levy won't bite at. Add in, they are supposedly after Grealish as well, are they going to spend £250M on two players this summer?

I think Kane will do a Modric, put his head down, give us another good season, (have his people working the deal properly over next year) and then off.

But hey, I know as much as the next guy .. i.e. nothing re if it will/won't happen.

What was the reaction then when we missed out on brian clough and got in terry neil?

Just curious. Saw an old parkinson interview with clough where he said he turned us down.

I was a tad too young to remember Clough turning us down (in the sense I didn't pay attention to that stuff at that age) but I remember Neil being in and that was awful.

Clough joined leeds instead. It was obviously before he started winning european trophies and leagues. But still. What could have been?
Clough got sacked after 44 days but Leeds had to pay him off, perhaps his full contract amount. Clough referred to it as his F U money (or similar) and it meant he had the financial safety to do whatever he wanted in his next roles and take risks without worrying too much.

Indeed, i am having nightmares just remembering " the good old days", funny enough i was talking to my lad about those like me of the brick we have had here over the years and we both agreed that CB was the posistion we have probably had more crap players the any other posistion. :eek:

Mitchell Thomas, Terry Fenwick, Pat van den Hauwe, David Kerslake, Clive Wilson, Paolo Tramezzani, Paul Stalteri, Gilberto, Ben Thatcher and Mauricio Taricco say hello. I could include a pair of former Southend full backs in the list but my 15 year old self won't allow one to be mentioned with that shower of brick and I don't want to slag off the other for obvious reasons.

I'm also sure you could put together a similarly inept list of CBs.

I thought our pr/conms has been poor for years now.

Refreshing and welcome change to Levy's leadership team and maybe we can see real changes and improvements now.

If he's been pushed it smacks of Levy once again making someone else the fall guy for his own mistakes.

Pretty sure Felstein didn't appoint Mourinho, furlough staff, sign up to the ESL, or leak our managerial targets to the press before we ended up with our 5th choice 70 days later.

Any bad PR around the club rests in the chairman's decisions over the last 2 years. Unless polishing turds was in Felstein's JD?

If he's been pushed it smacks of Levy once again making someone else the fall guy for his own mistakes.

Pretty sure Felstein didn't appoint Mourinho, furlough staff, sign up to the ESL, or leak our managerial targets to the press before we ended up with our 5th choice 70 days later.

Any bad PR around the club rests in the chairman's decisions over the last 2 years. Unless polishing turds was in Felstein's JD?

what exactly do you think PR is?

clearly not only have bad decisions been made, but the club's PR has been fudging awful, just see recent lack of control on the manager search, allowing rampant speculation that allows the perception of the club being a circus is not acceptable ..

Back