• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Income per year

- Spurs = 445M
- Scum = 388M
- Leicester = 171M

Over a 5 year period that is an income gap of 1B - 1.3B (that's more than the current valuation of Atletico Madrid if you are looking at asset increase expectation)

The model is broken mate, no one is going to break top 6 regularly without another City/Chelsea type injection (probably more as there is more competition than when those clubs did it).

All Leicester is = a moment in the sun, something for the hopeful to point at as the exception that they believe proves the game isn't broken beyond repair (this decades Blackburn), Vardy will be 35 next season (I wouldn't bet on Iheanacho leading the line at a top 6 club), by the following season he will be done, Rogers will go for the right offer and if they are lucky, they will end up in that West Ham, Southampton pack ..
I think our revenue has shrunk since then with no CL?

I expect Leicester’s will grow with increased sponsorships from them being successful. AFAIA Leicester also have no interest payments like we have so aren’t wasting revenue in that way. Nor are they wasting money sacking managers for example.

Better a moment in the sun than a lifetime in the shade. We’re well set with the stadium I agree but carry the largest gross debt in the World of football and that has to be a concern.

I haven't said Levy out because like you said, he ain't going anywhere he owns the club.

However, i don't get the "you can't question Levy" shtick people use, as if saying he's roostered up makes us sound like Arsenal fans. No one is above criticism get some feel Levy is beyond approach. Don't get that personally.

Has he done a great job on financials and stadium, yes.

Has he done a great job delivering on pitch success. No.

Of course, the kicker here that people seem to miss is that the big shiny stadiums and training centres are assets. If the assets you own are worth more, then you're worth more. If I knock my house worth 300k, and rebuild for 700k, but it's now total worth is 1,500,000 then financially I've pulled a blinder.

Levy is held in some high regard that I don't get, as if he's not a Glazer or Mike Ashley. He's cut from the same cloth lads, he's not the messiah.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'd say our on pitch record has been a relative success, the caveat of course is that there are a lot of clubs cheating by spending money they didn't generate through football operations.

I haven't said Levy out because like you said, he ain't going anywhere he owns the club.

However, i don't get the "you can't question Levy" shtick people use, as if saying he's roostered up makes us sound like Arsenal fans. No one is above criticism get some feel Levy is beyond approach. Don't get that personally.

Has he done a great job on financials and stadium, yes.

Has he done a great job delivering on pitch success. No.

Of course, the kicker here that people seem to miss is that the big shiny stadiums and training centres are assets. If the assets you own are worth more, then you're worth more. If I knock my house worth 300k, and rebuild for 700k, but it's now total worth is 1,500,000 then financially I've pulled a blinder.

Levy is held in some high regard that I don't get, as if he's not a Glazer or Mike Ashley. He's cut from the same cloth lads, he's not the messiah.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Because some of us remember what it was like before enic. Mid table club season over by march each year. A positive goal difference was considered a good season. The sky 4 were untouchable. Just getting into the cl was a dream. Getting to a cl final yeah alright. I've watched us play in the san siro, the bernabeu and the camp nou.
So yes might cut levy a bit of slack. People thinking we are brick now have short memories.

So
I'd say our on pitch record has been a relative success, the caveat of course is that there are a lot of clubs cheating by spending money they didn't generate through football operations.
Some clubs owners borrow huge amounts against the club to try to increase turnover and the value of their asset, other clubs owners inject their own capital to try to do the same thing.

Perhaps. But both are allowed and bona-fide ways to grow businesses. We could argue for days whether Abramovich or ENICs methods have been more successful I’m sure (though I doubt Chelsea fans would swap owners with us)

I'm sure they wouldn't, which is another reason why football fan opinions are mostly worthless

I think our revenue has shrunk since then with no CL?

I expect Leicester’s will grow with increased sponsorships from them being successful. AFAIA Leicester also have no interest payments like we have so aren’t wasting revenue in that way. Nor are they wasting money sacking managers for example.

Better a moment in the sun than a lifetime in the shade. We’re well set with the stadium I agree but carry the largest gross debt in the World of football and that has to be a concern.

Mate,

- those were last Deloitte numbers
- It's a billion dollar gap over 3 years to the Scum (who have no CL)
- Everton, probably West Ham & Saudi Sportswashing Machine make more money than them
- What sponsorship? = 15/20M a year?

This is what Levy figured out very early in his tenure

- You can't depend on smart buys/sales, managers and team punching above their weight, year in year out against not one, but 4 or 5 other clubs that simply make significantly more money than you, sure borrow money, dilute shares this year, what happens in the next 3? and the next?

Unless a club can find a significant way to close that gap, you will always be behind regardless of good/great years.

But anyway, you clearly believe otherwise, so each to their own mate ..

Mate,

- those were last Deloitte numbers
- It's a billion dollar gap over 3 years to the Scum (who have no CL)
- Everton, probably West Ham & Saudi Sportswashing Machine make more money than them
- What sponsorship? = 15/20M a year?

This is what Levy figured out very early in his tenure

- You can't depend on smart buys/sales, managers and team punching above their weight, year in year out against not one, but 4 or 5 other clubs that simply make significantly more money than you, sure borrow money, dilute shares this year, what happens in the next 3? and the next?

Unless a club can find a significant way to close that gap, you will always be behind regardless of good/great years.

But anyway, you clearly believe otherwise, so each to their own mate ..
Well so far Leicester have done just that and won 1 PL title and 1 FA Cup to our none. As they play in Europe more their brand value will grow. Hopefully we can stay in Europe these next three years otherwise ours will shrink.

A top club is one that can compete for winning things without having to beg it's sugar daddy for money every month/year.

A top club is one that will still be relevant in the top flight in a decade or two.

You are making a lot of assumptions and are very optimistic. Chelsea have been at the whim of their sugar Daddy owner for 16 years and have won 6 titles and 2 CLs. The vast majority of football fans would now consider Chelsea to be a "top club"

Chelsea's successes are what has cemented them as a big club not whether or not they have a sugar daddy owner. If Leicester continue to invest wisely as they have been and continue to outperform us while winning trophies they will also become considered a "top club".

Well so far Leicester have done just that and won 1 PL title and 1 FA Cup to our none. As they play in Europe more their brand value will grow. Hopefully we can stay in Europe these next three years otherwise ours will shrink.
I don't think Raziel actually thinks success on the pitch matters. He's all about winning in the accounts battle.

It's just shame you don't actually get a trophy for finishing as 5th or 6th highest revenue club.

I don't think Raziel actually thinks success on the pitch matters. He's all about winning in the accounts battle.

It's just shame you don't actually get a trophy for finishing as 5th or 6th highest revenue club.
Ello ello we are the auditors….
Ello ello we are the auditors….
and if you are an Enron fan surrender or you’ll die
We all follow the ENIC!

You are making a lot of assumptions and are very optimistic. Chelsea have been at the whim of their sugar Daddy owner for 16 years and have won 6 titles and 2 CLs. The vast majority of football fans would now consider Chelsea to be a "top club"

Chelsea's successes are what has cemented them as a big club not whether or not they have a sugar daddy owner. If Leicester continue to invest wisely as they have been and continue to outperform us while winning trophies they will also become considered a "top club".

That's a big IF though, let's see what happens over the next 10 years

This wasn't a Chelsea conversation, this was a Leicester conversation, and according to @Finney Is Back (see I can do the snide brick too), if West Brom won two trophies they would be a big club too

Success on the pitch matters (except when certain people are trying to prove what a great job the Trust is doing), but ONE OFF success means nothing.

So it's not about winning an accounting battle, it's about making sure you can back any on field success with monetary success so you have a future, is that really that difficult to understand? or is it so important to be contradictory?

That's a big IF though, let's see what happens over the next 10 years
Their buying actually isn’t as a great as people think
It’s had some successes and failures
What they have done is sell really well
And of course promote their youth (Barnes being a classic example)
They may keep it going but the upward trend on buying coincided with Rogers bringing in the requirement guys from Celtic

This wasn't a Chelsea conversation, this was a Leicester conversation, and according to @Finney Is Back (see I can do the snide brick too), if West Brom won two trophies they would be a big club too

Success on the pitch matters (except when certain people are trying to prove what a great job the Trust is doing), but ONE OFF success means nothing.

So it's not about winning an accounting battle, it's about making sure you can back any on field success with monetary success so you have a future, is that really that difficult to understand? or is it so important to be contradictory?

But Chelsea are relevant, they show that having a sugar daddy owner is no impediment to becoming a "top club" as you argued. That was your point not mine, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project refute your argument entirely.

IF Leicester continue to invest and continue to excel and win cups remember they've now also won the FA Cup something we haven't won since 1991 then they will become a "top club". If we continue to win nothing then we we won't.

It's not difficult to understand.

Their buying actually isn’t as a great as people think
It’s had some successes and failures
What they have done is sell really well
And of course promote their youth (Barnes being a classic example)
They may keep it going but the upward trend on buying coincided with Rogers bringing in the requirement guys from Celtic

shhhh .. don't let out the secret, only Spurs makes brick buys, every other club has secret software and brilliant scouts and never misses ..

Back