• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

So what you're saying is Leicester are doing exceptionally well by outperforming us for 2 seasons in a row despite making less than half of our revenue? [emoji848]

Absolutely and to @DTA 's point, better than Arsenal, Everton, etc. "in this moment"

Their problem is, that revenue gap isn't closing and won't, so it isn't sustainable which is the whole circle back to Spurs vision for the last 20 years. Owner's dumping money into the club is short term as best (providing you get all the details right), if the club is unable to drastically (often by orders of 2X-3X) increase it's revenue, and increase it's revenue at a higher rate than it's peers, it will never be an elite club (which is why we spent a billion £)

They've outperformed us in the last 8 seasons with their title win also. [emoji2379]

Trolling mate

- They have finished above us twice and got two trophies in last what 30 years?
- In the last 8 years we have been in CL 5 times including a final
- We have been in at least 3 cup finals, numerous QFs/SFs

Yes, they have had a moment in the sun and good for them, but it doesn't make them more successful than us outside of single seasons

Enic are self sustainable as are spurs. They are not going to be pumping money into the club.

Nor should they.

But if you are going to sack a manager before a cup final you should have a man in place already.

Selling players rather then vainly hoping they come good like Aurier and Sanchez. Not waiting till the last minute of transfer windows to sign players.

Think I have seen one or two want a billionaire owner to spend freely. The vast majority of us want a better more streamline club.

This manager search is my favourite buttplug and should result in Levy's sacking. He is out of ideas and should we get a good team again it will be through luck not design.

Personally I have said many times I am happy for us to operate transfers on a spend only what you sell.

Levy and the club is very very poorly run.

Nor should they.

But if you are going to sack a manager before a cup final you should have a man in place already.

Selling players rather then vainly hoping they come good like Aurier and Sanchez. Not waiting till the last minute of transfer windows to sign players.

Think I have seen one or two want a billionaire owner to spend freely. The vast majority of us want a better more streamline club.

This manager search is my favourite buttplug and should result in Levy's sacking. He is out of ideas and should we get a good team again it will be through luck not design.

Personally I have said many times I am happy for us to operate transfers on a spend only what you sell.

Fair enough.

Nor should they.

Yes, yes, yes, yes (with caveat), yes, yes (on football side).

Trolling mate

- They have finished above us twice and got two trophies in last what 30 years?
- In the last 8 years we have been in CL 5 times including a final
- We have been in at least 3 cup finals, numerous QFs/SFs

Yes, they have had a moment in the sun and good for them, but it doesn't make them more successful than us outside of single seasons
It's not trolling. Their PL win is worth all of our top 4 finishes that ultimately didn't achieve anything.

Of course they are more successful than we are. We aren't successful. [emoji1787]

It's not trolling. Their PL win is worth all of our top 4 finishes that ultimately didn't achieve anything.

Of course they are more successful than we are. We aren't successful. [emoji1787]

sure .. they will be a trivia question in ten years mate, we will be a top club ..

Is a top club one that wins things?

A top club is one that can compete for winning things without having to beg it's sugar daddy for money every month/year.

A top club is one that will still be relevant in the top flight in a decade or two.

Nor should they.

The search is your favourite what??

One thing leicester does have is a great recruitment team.

Yep, they have done well, made some good decisions and had a whole lot of luck/circumstance go their way.

What people are missing is the business model (the thing everyone bricks on ENIC for) isn't sustainable for the long run, nor good enough to keep them near the top. They depend on that recruitment working all the time, they depend on getting the manager exactly right, they depend on the owner being able to cover gaps in revenue.

If they keep doing well, their long term goal is probably to establish themselves in the Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine group (with less upside than those clubs), i.e. a top half PL club where yearly survival is not usually a concern, and a run into Europe or decent up participation once every x number of years.

Vs. say us or Scum who had really bad seasons last year, but will have decade long runs in Europe, with top 4 challenges being the goal at the start of every season.

A top club is one that can compete for winning things without having to beg it's sugar daddy for money every month/year.

A top club is one that will still be relevant in the top flight in a decade or two.
No. A top club is definitely one that wins things. I think most people around the world would call Chelsea a top club for example.

Yep, they have done well, made some good decisions and had a whole lot of luck/circumstance go their way.

What people are missing is the business model (the thing everyone bricks on ENIC for) isn't sustainable for the long run, nor good enough to keep them near the top. They depend on that recruitment working all the time, they depend on getting the manager exactly right, they depend on the owner being able to cover gaps in revenue.

If they keep doing well, their long term goal is probably to establish themselves in the Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine group (with less upside than those clubs), i.e. a top half PL club where yearly survival is not usually a concern, and a run into Europe or decent up participation once every x number of years.

Vs. say us or Scum who had really bad seasons last year, but will have decade long runs in Europe, with top 4 challenges being the goal at the start of every season.
I would imagine their owners aim is to establish them as a top 6 club.

I would imagine their owners aim is to establish them as a top 6 club.

How? the mythical pony of constantly addressing the revenue gap by great acquisitions, smart managerial appointments and constant owner cash injection?

Has it worked? can it continue to do so against the economics of United, Pool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal?

No. A top club is definitely one that wins things. I think most people around the world would call Chelsea a top club for example.

Just checking, so if Jeff Bezos bought a club with no fan base, zero history and spent £3B, they win something, they are a big club?

How? the mythical pony of constantly addressing the revenue gap by great acquisitions, smart managerial appointments and constant owner cash injection?

Has it worked? can it continue to do so against the economics of United, Pool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal?

Just checking, so if Jeff Bezos bought a club with no fan base, zero history and spent £3B, they win something, they are a big club?
I have no idea what Leicester’s owner paid for the club? Perhaps he feels that the valuation of the club has increased since he purchased it and doesn’t mind putting in liquidity equivalent to that as his biggest aim is to win trophies instead of make himself an even bigger billionaire?

Leicester have both a fan base and history. If Jeff Bezos bought (say) West Brom, pumped money in and brought them trophies then yes they would become a big club again.

I have no idea what Leicester’s owner paid for the club? Perhaps he feels that the valuation of the club has increased since he purchased it and doesn’t mind putting in liquidity equivalent to that as his biggest aim is to win trophies instead of make himself an even bigger billionaire?

Income per year

- Spurs = 445M
- Scum = 388M
- Leicester = 171M

Over a 5 year period that is an income gap of 1B - 1.3B (that's more than the current valuation of Atletico Madrid if you are looking at asset increase expectation)

The model is broken mate, no one is going to break top 6 regularly without another City/Chelsea type injection (probably more as there is more competition than when those clubs did it).

All Leicester is = a moment in the sun, something for the hopeful to point at as the exception that they believe proves the game isn't broken beyond repair (this decades Blackburn), Vardy will be 35 next season (I wouldn't bet on Iheanacho leading the line at a top 6 club), by the following season he will be done, Rogers will go for the right offer and if they are lucky, they will end up in that West Ham, Southampton pack ..

For me, the silliest thing about 'Levy out' is that he simply isn't going and Joe Lewis cannot move him even if everyone wanted to.

I haven't said Levy out because like you said, he ain't going anywhere he owns the club.

However, i don't get the "you can't question Levy" shtick people use, as if saying he's roostered up makes us sound like Arsenal fans. No one is above criticism get some feel Levy is beyond approach. Don't get that personally.

Has he done a great job on financials and stadium, yes.

Has he done a great job delivering on pitch success. No.

Of course, the kicker here that people seem to miss is that the big shiny stadiums and training centres are assets. If the assets you own are worth more, then you're worth more. If I knock my house worth 300k, and rebuild for 700k, but it's now total worth is 1,500,000 then financially I've pulled a blinder.

Levy is held in some high regard that I don't get, as if he's not a Glazer or Mike Ashley. He's cut from the same cloth lads, he's not the messiah.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back