• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Ideally a sporting director or DOF. I’m actually not that enamoured with the DOF methodology but if it’s preferable to have an actual football person picking the managers than Levy. He’s the chairman so he would pick the DOF.

I'd guess that would be Hitchen then. Lol have you seen his wikipedia page.

Fyi i want campos/galtier team in. If not gasperini.

I can't imagine Lewis gets involved too much. Probably have a catchup chat now and again, and Levy probably uses him as a sounding board. Lewis is very hands-off.

Lewis was (allegedly) the one who sacked redknapp. He was covering as levy's mum had just died.

I can't imagine Lewis gets involved too much. Probably have a catchup chat now and again, and Levy probably uses him as a sounding board. Lewis is very hands-off.
I think that’s a reasonable assumption
But the value of THFC must be right up there as Lewis’s biggest asset as an individual investment I assume..

But the value of THFC must be right up there as Lewis’s biggest asset as an individual investment I assume..

Lewis is meant to be worth £3.7bn. spurs meant to be worth £1.6bn. lewis owns what 70% of spurs. So yes a huge chunk. Tavistock most of the rest.

Yes true. Though when Finny was outlining the value of Chelsea, I was not so sure. The value of a football club is highest sold to a fan as a plaything. See Arse-Spotify. As a business, because of the wages it really isn't very attractive. Few clubs turn a profit that isn't re-invested. So you're outlaying 2b say, without the prospect of any return, just the asset. That is fine if you're in love with the club, but as a business it sucks. Chelsea was reportedly up for sale for some time - since Abromovich's visa to the UK was questioned. But it has not been sold.

@Finney Is Back was talking about Ebitdar, which is a measure of a companies profitability before tax or any funny business. Its what is commonly used to value companies for a sale. I can not imagine an EBITDA equation values Prem football clubs as highly as we think. Would be interesting for someone to run the numbers.

Yes true. Though when Finny was outlining the value of Chelsea, I was not so sure. The value of a football club is highest sold to a fan as a plaything. See Arse-Spotify. As a business, because of the wages it really isn't very attractive. Few clubs turn a profit that isn't re-invested. So you're outlaying 2b say, without the prospect of any return, just the asset. That is fine if you're in love with the club, but as a business it sucks. Chelsea was reportedly up for sale for some time - since Abromovich's visa to the UK was questioned. But it has not been sold.

@Finney Is Back was talking about Ebitdar, which is a measure of a companies profitability before tax or any funny business. Its what is commonly used to value companies for a sale. I can not imagine an EBITDA equation values Prem football clubs as highly as we think. Would be interesting for someone to run the numbers.

This?
upload_2021-5-21_10-47-57.png

What year was that for?

So to value the company you then use a multiplier of EBITDA I believe. I am not sure how one determines the multiplier. Often quite arbitrary. I think its often around 10 to 15 depending on the sector and prospects for growth etc? So for us that would equal about 1.5b on those figures. Of course, ultimately Spurs is worth what someone is will to pay /Enic will accept.

I’ve done those numbers loads of times
Our issue is even if you use EBITA for a football club at a ratio of 10 x and balance that against debt... Spurs would be worth nothing
With clubs you buy loyalty and good will , assets, and speculate on future growth
Unless clubs can access their own broadcast streams and add a lot of sponsors the values won’t really grow
TV income is what drives clubs turnover more and more now as most clubs have a limited ground revenue

Getting slightly more serious, if Daniel does decide to step away from certain aspects of the club, and manage the business through delegating (yes I know it sounds crazy - employ managers and give them responsibility, it will never catch on).... what he might consider is allowing one of the team to do the negotiating, the buying. Buying can be taught - the buyers at a retail business I worked for went on horrible courses which broke them down then built them up again and remade them as bastards. Perhaps what Spurs need now is a Chairman/CEO who sets the overall direction then leaves the experts to accomplish it. Whether Daniel Levy could work that way is another question.
Allegedly it was lewis that wanted poch, levy wanted de boer.
???? When has Lewis ever got involved in football matters.

Utter rubbish.

What year was that for?

So to value the company you then use a multiplier of EBITDA I believe. I am not sure how one determines the multiplier. Often quite arbitrary. I think its often around 10 to 15 depending on the sector and prospects for growth etc? So for us that would equal about 1.5b on those figures. Of course, ultimately Spurs is worth what someone is will to pay /Enic will accept.
2019/20

What year was that for?

Says at the bottom. Yellow is for up to may/june last year. Red the season before.

Obviously this seasons won't be out till next year.

I don't think we really know.
People just speculate, it's not as though we would ever be explicitly told

Agreed. If levy ever writes a biography it would be an interesting read. Think a lot of people assumptions might be off the mark.
Pleat advised levy for a long while. Then we had arnesen, baldini.
Poch and redknapp didn't seem to want anyone in that role.
We'll see if he goes back to it.

I don't think we really know.
People just speculate, it's not as though we would ever be explicitly told

Big reach to think he was involved when he has never had an active interest in us. Barely goes to games even when he does come over to London. Would be far more plausible that whoever Levy leaves the day to day running of the club to when he is away would deal with it.

It does not stack up actually as Levy would even with the death of a parent still be on the end of the phone, the guy is a workaholic and I have known many of them.

Back