• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Schneiderlin went the following season. He was ready to come to Spurs for the wages we were offering at the time. I don’t know what went on between levy and the Southampton board but Southampton blocked it much to Schneiderlin’s disappointment I believe. I don’t know what the issue was with Winjnaldum but we were linked for a while before Liverpool met the asking price then blew us out of the water with their wage offer. Martial was the same but with Utd. So instead we wasted millions on players who were not up to scratch.
Or were players we could afford at the time and the manager thought were what he needed
I mean we missed out on Harry Maguire as he didn’t want to compete for a place
Same with Morata
It happens
What’s key is the club spend its money as well as it can (which you said earlier)

Both were £30m form what I read just now googling the wages
And wilnaldum did confirm he turned us down
Wjinaldum was £26m. Sissoko £31m (according to Transfermrkt who are usually pretty good).
Wjinaldum didn't turn us down at all. He said that once he spoke to Liverpool he wanted to go there but also said that Liverpool agreed a fee with his club and Spurs didn't.

Schneiderlin went the following season. He was ready to come to Spurs for the wages we were offering at the time. I don’t know what went on between levy and the Southampton board but Southampton blocked it much to Schneiderlin’s disappointment I believe. I don’t know what the issue was with Winjnaldum but we were linked for a while before Liverpool met the asking price then blew us out of the water with their wage offer. Martial was the same but with Utd. So instead we wasted millions on players who were not up to scratch.

What could we have done differently to get them? Southampton wouldn't sell to us and we couldn't afford to pay more in wages than Liverpool or United?

What could we have done differently to get them? Southampton wouldn't sell to us and we couldn't afford to pay more in wages than Liverpool or United?
In Wijnaldum's case pay the transfer fee (and then agree his wage)
In Mane's case pay the transfer fee and match the wages.

Basically just how transfers are done.

Wjinaldum was £26m. Sissoko £31m (according to Transfermrkt who are usually pretty good).
Wjinaldum didn't turn us down at all. He said that once he spoke to Liverpool he wanted to go there but also said that Liverpool agreed a fee with his club and Spurs didn't.
And said he met Poch but Klopp made him feel good. So he signed for them
It happens

It was huge amounts of luck, City absolutely battered us and should've won comfortably, Ajax were comfortably the better side over the two legs and we were even lucky to get out of the group
Didn’t we beat City at home then score 3 times at their place despite losing Kane? As for Ajax who cares who was the better side? Were we not missing Kane and Son in the first leg and playing a crocked Wanyama as Sissoko was also injured? I think the Anti Poch narrative has probably clouded what actually happened during that run.

This is what i mean wrt people saying just a little more - we've spent well(lots) over the last couple of years yet still it isn't seen as enough as there's always a little bit more that could have been spent/done. We just needed that extra back up CF or 40m CB on top of the 3rd/4th highest spend in the league to really push on...

Good post, the trouble is that no matter what we spend, how many players we buy, they will always be supporters who want more.

And said he met Poch but Klopp made him feel good. So he signed for them
It happens
Very easy to say that when only one club agrees a transfer fee and you've ended up signing for them.

I mean he was hardly going to say: "Actually I really wanted to sign for Spurs but Levy was offering some second hand training kit and £20 a week for 12 years, whereas Liverpool agreed a transfer fee with Saudi Sportswashing Machine so I had to settle for them" was he?

Didn’t we beat City at home then score 3 times at their place despite losing Kane? As for Ajax who cares who is the better side? Were we not missing Kane and Son in the first leg and playing a crocked Wanyama as Sissoko was also injured? I think the Anti Poch narrative has probably clouded I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you to the reality of what took place during that run.
We deservedly beat them at home
And we got what we earned at their ground too.

Didn’t we beat City at home then score 3 times at their place despite losing Kane? As for Ajax who cares who is the better side? Were we not missing Kane and Son in the first leg and playing a crocked Wanyama as Sissoko was also injured? I think the Anti Poch narrative has probably clouded I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you to the reality of what took place during that run.
The other side of that is the rose tinted glasses, when it comes to Poch, have clouded the view of others when it comes to that run...

Very easy to say that when only one club agrees a transfer fee and you've ended up signing for them.

I mean he was hardly going to say: "Actually I really wanted to sign for Spurs but Levy was offering some second hand training kit and £20 a week for 12 years, whereas Liverpool agreed a transfer fee with Saudi Sportswashing Machine so I had to settle for them" was he?
That does suit your argument I agree
But yeah he isn’t going to say I met Poch and he was better than Klopp.
What he did say was the clubs hadn’t agreed a fee which was correct. We hadn’t
We don’t know why as we don’t know the clubs finances.

No one lucks their way to the final of the biggest tournament in club football. We had some luck yes. But you also make your luck through a good system, good management and determination. I seem to remember us at different times being without Kane, Son and Dele. Even without, at that time a relatively in form Sissoko. How long do you think it will be before we luck our way to another Champions League final? Bloody hell it is a ridiculous narrative.
Chelsea in 2012 say ‘hello’ ;)

Back