• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

And, incidentally, both times the fans and media have come out en masse against something craven, greedy and heartless clubs like ours have done in the past year, the ruthless furlough of ordinary staff and now this farce...the clubs have folded pretty much immediately.

Fans still have power over what was once a working man's game. Hopefully THST and the other trusts can work with the Government to reintroduce some level of fan ownership into the English game, as it already is in Germany - enough of these owners.

And, incidentally, both times the fans and media have come out en masse against something craven, greedy and heartless clubs like ours have done in the past year, the ruthless furlough of ordinary staff and now this farce...the clubs have folded pretty much immediately.

Fans still have power over what was once a working man's game. Hopefully THST and the other trusts can work with the Government to reintroduce some level of fan ownership into the English game, as it already is in Germany - enough of these owners.

I've seen this "working man" thing come up a lot over the last week, I don't understand it, what does that mean, how is it relevant to professional sport in 2021, and lastly, what about working women?

The THST are a joke in my view. They have a massively inflated view on themselves - its comical how important they seem to think they are.

Turning down the meeting with Levy and team I think its ridiculous - if you want to have influence, how can you do that if you're not prepared to speak to people?

As for ENIC selling, who do they think would acquire ENIC's position that would not run the club as a business? Unless they're aware of a billionaire fan or oil sheikh who is prepared to throw money at the club and ignore financial returns, the club will be run the same was given it is a business

I've seen this "working man" thing come up a lot over the last week, I don't understand it, what does that mean, how is it relevant to professional sport in 2021, and lastly, what about working women?

Mate, all due respect, but that second point is up there with being annoyed someone used 'mankind' instead of 'peoplekind' - i.e, pointless quibbling. Working folks' game, if you insist.

As for not understanding it, what's confusing about it? Seems simple enough to me.

The THST are a joke in my view. They have a massively inflated view on themselves - its comical how important they seem to think they are.

Turning down the meeting with Levy and team I think its ridiculous - if you want to have influence, how can you do that if you're not prepared to speak to people?

As for ENIC selling, who do they think would acquire ENIC's position that would not run the club as a business? Unless they're aware of a billionaire fan or oil sheikh who is prepared to throw money at the club and ignore financial returns, the club will be run the same was given it is a business

... and if it wasn't, would that not be the type of cheating that City/Chelsea are accused of?

Mate, all due respect, but that second point is up there with being annoyed someone used 'mankind' instead of 'peoplekind' - i.e, pointless quibbling. Working folks' game, if you insist.

As for not understanding it, what's confusing about it? Seems simple enough to me.

it's 2021, everyone works, life is hard work, we live in a hustle society where most people have dual incomes, how is football related, what is the link?

Until FFP rules are implemented properly ESL's will continue to spring up.

Levy couldn't win whatever he had done. Best chairman by a country mile. I also like he actually attends and watches games.
These "fans" who are being wound up by the media are as always deluded.

Last edited:
I must admit for the first time ever I am tempted to email the club to say the Trust don't speak for me, (or many other fans). Although I am sure they are well aware of that. And don't care enormously anyway.

The media coverage of this has been disappointing too. At least some attempt to articulate why this was happening in the first place would be useful.

Being run as a business is not the issue. The issue is who is doing the running. A new owner may gives us a more proactive and decisive chairman than Don Levy.

The business side been run reasonably well, the football side much less so. I'd say it's been mismanaged to a great extent to be completely honest but I know you will disagree with me on that. [emoji28]

The Trust can be hard to take seriously sometimes, they remind me of Hans Blix in Team America. However, whilst I see their words and request falling deaf on Levy & Co.'s ears, I do agree with them. It is a a disgrace what they have done, wreckless arrogance.

To put it simply, the approach they took, along with the other protagonists, was like that of the Tory Government for the Poll Tax. They rolled their eyes when the screams of boogeyman were made in the build up to implementation thinking that it was another simpleton response to 'much needed change' which had happened many times before. Only to realise at the last minute that they had a made terrible mistake and got the shock of their lives when they saw the public response. No relegation? Which fanbase, even those of the participant clubs would be happy with that? Maybe some but then to have the cheek to effectively call loyal supporters dinosaurs. And that's before you get to the response of UEFA, Premier League regardless how hypocritical they (really) are. Let alone a family of five scraping by being happy with paying more rates than a wealthy retired couple.

This scene from Moneyball, ironically featuring Liverpool's own John Henry (albeit somewhat fictionally) sums up everything that has happened this week. What he says about money in how it helps you disregard what people want or the game (of baseball in this case) thinks is evidently how the owners aplroached Derp But also what he says about those holding the reigns. It'sms astonishing that Levy and other owners thought that UEFA, the governing body of European football, would not be able to do enough to keep their hands on them without any consequences for them. UEFA went bat sh!t crazy, and they won.

And the Trust raise a good point here, this could be 1994 (booted out of the Cup before paying then HUGE sums to get back in it) all over again which during these times really could be disastrous.

Why would you have relegation from a competition that is an alternative to the Champions League? I agree the closed-shop nature in terms of entry was a bad idea, but it was not intended to be regular league. (Not at the outset anyway...)

I wouldn’t go as far to say I want ENIC out, but they have a lot to answer for regarding this and our whole model when it comes to transfers both incomings and outgoings. Quite telling that the club didn’t apologise to the fans like the other clubs did. Must be GG members on the board at Spurs because if you listen to people on here then ENIC don’t have anything to apologise for ever.

Amusing how the trust have riled so many on here with their words and actions too :D. Given how quickly the club backtracked on the ESL and also the furlough scheme last summer, it shows that fans actually do have more power and more of a platform or voice then GGers give them credit for. Probably annoys people like baleforce even more :D honestly fees like some fans love Levy and ENIC more than they love Spurs.

I have never known a woman who actually works. Most sit around gossiping all day, horrible creatures, nice bodies though.

I wouldn’t go as far to say I want ENIC out, but they have a lot to answer for regarding this and our whole model when it comes to transfers both incomings and outgoings. Quite telling that the club didn’t apologise to the fans like the other clubs did. Must be GG members on the board at Spurs because if you listen to people on here then ENIC don’t have anything to apologise for ever.

Amusing how the trust have riled so many on here with their words and actions too :D. Given how quickly the club backtracked on the ESL and also the furlough scheme last summer, it shows that fans actually do have more power and more of a platform or voice then GGers give them credit for. Probably annoys people like baleforce even more :D honestly fees like I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you love Levy and ENIC more than they love Spurs.
I sometimes think the dark days of Sugar have made fans too appreciative of ENIC. Yes Sugar was awful and ENIC have progressed us, but a lot of that was circunstantial and they really can do no wrong in some eyes.

The Cult of Levy is very, very strong.

We’ll now be turning our immediate attention to Sunday’s League Cup Final, and we would like to wish manager Ryan Mason and the entire squad every success in bringing the trophy home to N17 for the fans.

COYS!

THST Board
23 April 2021
Well if the THST are turning their attention to the final we can't lose, there was no need to appoint Mason (did Levy even get the consent of THST for the appointment?)

I sometimes think the dark days of Sugar have made fans too appreciative of ENIC. Yes Sugar was awful and ENIC have progressed us, but a lot of that was circunstantial and they really can do no wrong in some eyes.

And rightly so?

When financial realty’s are taken into account and covid, he is doing a belting job!

Last edited:

Amusing how the trust have riled so many on here with their words and actions too :D. Given how quickly the club backtracked on the ESL and also the furlough scheme last summer, it shows that fans actually do have more power and more of a platform or voice then GGers give them credit for. Probably annoys people like baleforce even more :D honestly fees like I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you love Levy and ENIC more than they love Spurs.

I think the Trust are right to challenge Levy and the club, I just can't abide the tone with which they do it.

ENIC don't need to apologise to us because the decisions are nothing to do with us, we are the customers, we can vote with our wallets.

They do annoy me, because their behaviour is illogical, ENIC took over a bad football club, we are now a good football club (albeit with a major squad issue right now), ENIC are responsible for everything that has happened at the club during their ownership, I don't agree with all of it (not that my agreement matters one bit), but it has overwhelmingly been more good than bad.

I've given a lot of money to Spurs over the years, but I've always been aware that what I received was a product, not a job, I don't get to have a say on policy, my powers over them are only attention and money.

Last edited:

Where should the club be in your opinion? As you say yourself, we have progressed under ENIC and we were one decent performance away from being CL winners, or is that one of the circumstantial parts to which you were referring? Be careful what you wish for

Back