• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Our performance in this transfer window suggests to me that Levy is going to give Poch some time to develop the squad with what he has. We went the route of throwing scads of cash at players who haven't measured up.

That argument would not seem an act of desperately clutching at straws if we had a young striker in the academy who we can promote up; if Poch had not been so forthright how important it was to find a striker to support Kane.

o_O

They've added Cleverley, an 18-year old from Barnsley and two unknowns from River Plate.

West Ham were so far behind to begin with, they don't even register.

Deulofeu doesn't count?

They've added good quality, while keeping all their players (even want-away ones like Stones, Mirallas and McCarthy) and have spent twenty million net this summer, not accounting for Lennon, whose deal should be finalised shortly.

Hard to say that isn't improving.

Deulofeu doesn't count?

They've added good quality, while keeping all their players (even want-away ones like Stones, Mirallas and McCarthy) and have spent twenty million net this summer, not accounting for Lennon, whose deal should be finalised shortly.

Hard to say that isn't improving.

Delofeu was already on loan last season. edit: Season before, but he's an impact player with little impact. A flashier Townsend.

We kept our best players too.

They've lost both Distin and Alcaras with no proper replacement. If Stones or Jagielka get injured it's bare bones.

They'll struggle to get top half again.

That argument would not seem an act of desperately clutching at straws if we had a young striker in the academy who we can promote up; if Poch had not been so forthright how important it was to find a striker to support Kane.

Other than beat your chest in anguish and be a 'Levy out' merchant it seems the happiest approach to me.

Delofeu was already on loan last season. edit: Season before, but he's an impact player with little impact. A flashier Townsend.

They've lost both Distin and Alcaras with no proper replacement. If Stones or Jagielka get injured it's bare bones.

So, a flashier Townsend that they paid money for to acquire on a permanent deal, to strengthen their lack of numbers and quality on the wings. A flashier Townsend that Unai Emery called the most talented player he'd ever seen at Sevilla. A flashier Townsend that has a buy-back clause in his contract with Everton, at Barcelona's insistence.

Doesn't sound much like Townsend at all.

Again, strengthened.

And as for their CB situation, that's what their 9 million pound acquisition from River Plate is for (note the fee: more than the one for Fazio and double the Stambo fee).

It's hard to say they haven't improved, and it's harder still to say that Distin and Alcaraz are 'losses'.

Dimitar Berbatov
Leon Best
Carlton Cole
Claudio Pizarro
Shola Ameobi
Mikael Forsell
John Utaka
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Nikola Zigic
Mounir El-Hamdaoui
and loads more

The choice is ours.

I'd give Berbatov a call, though dobt Levy will!! We need another body, even if just for the EL Group games

I'd give Berbatov a call, though dobt Levy will!! We need another body, even if just for the EL Group games

We definitely don't need someone else for the cup games. Those are for the young ones. It's perfectly doable to play without a target man.

To be fair, we did have one of the youngest teams in the league last year. We haven't sold any of them and young players improve faster than older players.

Here is hoping I'm right!

We definitely don't need someone else for the cup games. Those are for the young ones. It's perfectly doable to play without a target man.

I wish I felt your confidence, alas after watching the way we collapsed against Stoke once Kane was subbed I don't

Big negative: didn't buy CDM or striker.

Big positive: Kept Lloris and Kane.

It's been yet another incredibly frustrating window but keeping two players who were World class for us last season won't hurt us at all.

Put it this way, would you rather sell them two and buy Berahino and Wanyama OR keep them and fail to buy any striker or CDM?

Kane and Lloris all day long.

if Howard gets injured they are in trouble

I wish I felt your confidence, alas after watching the way we collapsed against Stoke once Kane was subbed I don't

The difference being that we have signed some pacey players since then, so teams will not be able to push up so easily if Kane is not playing.

It's been yet another incredibly frustrating window but keeping two players who were World class for us last season won't hurt us at all.

Put it this way, would you rather sell them two and buy Berahino and Wanyama OR keep them and fail to buy any striker or CDM?

You make it sound as if the only option was a choice between Berahino and Wanyama or Kane and Lloris which is ridiculous

The difference being that we have signed some pacey players since then, so teams will not be able to push up so easily if Kane is not playing.

It will be interesting to see how we do with the 5 matches in 14 days after the break

Nailing my colours to the mast now, whether we sign anyone else or not. Good window, got rid of quite a few with no long term future here, added some pace, squad is stronger now than it was at the end of last season.

... and the best bit, that I didn't dare whisper until the window closed, we kept Lloris!

Why can't people call a spade by its name and admit that Levy f****d up - big time!

You make it sound as if the only option was a choice between Berahino and Wanyama or Kane and Lloris which is ridiculous

Sorry, please don't beat me up, go on take it, take all :(

Look, all jokes aside just trying to be positive in what has been a very disappointing window. And with all due repect despite the usual frustrations keeping Kane and Lloris is a big positive, if we'd lost either of them it would'be Bale all over again, we we simply cannot replace them.

Back