• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

i wonder what day/year it will be when the penny drops and people realise this wonderful investment that's due to come from the money from the new stadium does not materialise into big spending power like the other big clubs.

I imagine people will still sing about Levy saying "soon, soon".
What a negative, nasty take

The guy ain’t a saint and has made mistakes
But there seems to be some view that he is robbing the club blind almost

Do not disagree at all, ALL folks in any trade make mistakes but to listen to the the bitching ( from usually the same fans) you get the impression they think they could do better.

Liverpools first title in how long? They have been close before and spent the next year and fallen on their face, there's guarantee if we'd spent big and backed poch it would have paid off.
It's not that simple, and IMHO a rebuild after the CL final was a big job for us. The signs were there that this squad was creaking.

Small minded thinking when it comes to Levy for some. As you say haters gotta hate.

Are fans not allowed to criticise the club? Strange opinion to have that everyone has to basically sit and nod in agreement that our club is beyond reproach. You know, you are allowed to criticise the club, it doesn't make you less of a fan, or indeed anything else.

The club treats it's fans pretty poorly, whether you like to agree or not doesn't bother me. It was only this season the club pulled back it's commitment on offering 3 CL tickets as a bundle and discount. They offered that as the ST holders lost Cup Games access but offered the CL package deal in its place. Now they've stopped that, so ST holders pay the highest ST prices in the league for less games than other clubs.

But you dont want to criticise Levy for that decision? Weird view to have...

Are fans not allowed to criticise the club? Strange opinion to have that everyone has to basically sit and nod in agreement that our club is beyond reproach. You know, you are allowed to criticise the club, it doesn't make you less of a fan, or indeed anything else.

The club treats it's fans pretty poorly, whether you like to agree or not doesn't bother me. It was only this season the club pulled back it's commitment on offering 3 CL tickets as a bundle and discount. They offered that as the ST holders lost Cup Games access but offered the CL package deal in its place. Now they've stopped that, so ST holders pay the highest ST prices in the league for less games than other clubs.

What are you talking about?

Being allowed to criticise? Or criticising without having others voice their disagreement?

If you've been banned, had your account suspended or otherwise been unfairly treated for criticising Levy then I'll acknowledge your point. I'd be shocked. If you're just upset that others disagreed with you you're obviously not very familiar with this forum.

People will disagree about just about everything on here. That's not the same as not being allowed to voice your opinion.

So you would ideally like to give him less money but request that he spends more money?

So you would ideally like to give him less money but request that he spends more money?
The logic seems to be ...
We didn’t spend as much as others
But the reasoning seems to be we were building a new ground and didnt know the final cost of that
But we didn’t back the manager....
But he did also bring in a shed load of players of whom some did fail quite badly and some have been successes
But other teams have spent more...
Yep, they have also earned more until very recently In fact the summer have certainty over the stadium costs and Income we actually spend record amounts of money and the most in the league this season but that’s now screwed by COVID... maybe that’s where we went wrong. We should have spent money the club didn’t have and also predict a global pandemic

The logic seems to be ...
We didn’t spend as much as others
But the reasoning seems to be we were building a new ground and didnt know the final cost of that
But we didn’t back the manager....
But he did also bring in a shed load of players of whom some did fail quite badly and some have been successes
But other teams have spent more...
Yep, they have also earned more until very recently In fact the summer have certainty over the stadium costs and Income we actually spend record amounts of money and the most in the league this season but that’s now screwed by COVID... maybe that’s where we went wrong. We should have spent money the club didn’t have and also predict a global pandemic
I think some of us did dot to dot as a kid and some didn't, little did we know how transferable that skill was as an adult.

I think some of us did dot to dot as a kid and some didn't, little did we know how transferable that skill was as an adult.

It’s probably more about expectation management
The club did more in a short space of time than was anticipated
That leads to changing the view of the club and some fans change their expectations
I remember when qualifying for Europe was amazing
I remember when betting city to qualify for the CL was stunning
Last season we have some y real games in the CL ... none in the league though that I can remember, but again the expectations are now higher and higher
We spent the most money this season in players bringing in 6 new players if you include Gedson yet we still need more which is quite scary really
Yet the quick fix seems to be copy Liverpool and spend more and more money on more and more players. We may well do that but the world is such a different place and yet again expectations now become key

Pretty amazed how far people have missed the point with there "oh but look we signed some players this season" as if that suddenly negates several years of under-investment in the squad. And solely looking at transfer fees when wages play a big part, and again, we have the lowest wage to revenue spend in the PL and I think Championship too.

Also, not sure the remit of "we used to be brick" comes in? Yeh, we did, we're not now, why's your mindset automatically fall back to when we were toilet? We also won more trophies when we were brick btw, you are aware of that right? We won more actual silverware in the 10 years before ENIC than the 20 years subsequent?

Let's bring this thread back in 5 years, we'll be onto another manager, maybe 2 by then, and you can still sit around wondering "where'd it all go wrong".

We took that chance and used it to build the stadium
That now gives us the chance for long term greatness
And of course pools investments cost money with most being almost record buys in each position.... so not sure how we would have funded that with the new ground and wages needed too (their wage bills has always been about £1,5m a week more than ours and growing).
Liverpool also increased their ground capacity but having been it’s actually made the ground worse IMO
Everything needs foundations but it also needs finishing touches too, to differentiate
People say at pool it was the keeper and van dijk... I’d argue it was Robertson and TAA as their the creative outlet for that team more and more
There is a better article that got repeated this weekend about pool and the return of a coach who failed as manager in Holland. Klopp and him had a call and he told klopp what he was doing wrong (conceding midfield). They sold coutinho, bought this coach back, started packing midfield with NO plans for that midfield to do anything other than be functional and they got better as a side
We were building the stadium anyway though Bedford. Levy didn't choose to do that off of Poch's unprecedented improvement in our clubs fortunes. The stadium build was underway before Poch came to the club and apparently (however laughable that seems now) it didn't need CL qualification to pay for it and neither would it impact our transfer budget). Either the not needing CL and not affecting the transfer budget was a big lie or we went very, VERY over budget on the build. If the latter then I still fail to see why Levy was paid such a large bonus upon the opening of it.

Wasting your time trying to talk reason to some fans, he thinks Levy is to blame for were we are and will "scream and scream" until he is sick. As i have said before elsewhere thankfully there are less fans about now who can not see what Levy has done for us.

We all remember those who bitched about Levy before and said he is only here for the money and will never build the stadium. Haters gotta hate.

The guy ain’t a saint and has made mistakes
But there seems to be some view that he is robbing the club blind almost
He has done far more good for the club than bad that's for sure. I would like him to persuade uncle Joe that it would be a good thing for the pair of them to dilute their holding for an equity injection however.

We were building the stadium anyway though Bedford. Levy didn't choose to do that off of Poch's unprecedented improvement in our clubs fortunes. The stadium build was underway before Poch came to the club and apparently (however laughable that seems now) it didn't need CL qualification to pay for it and neither would it impact our transfer budget). Either the not needing CL and not affecting the transfer budget was a big lie or we went very, VERY over budget on the build. If the latter then I still fail to see why Levy was paid such a large bonus upon the opening of it.
The stadium build was happening but even Poch himself said getting CL regularly ahead of the plan.

Back