• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I think next best paid CEO in the PL is Gazidis at Arsenal on £2.65m. The difference between that and Levy's pay last year in one single year is almost as much as Kroenke has taken out of Arsenal in total.
No the guy at United gets the most of any director
He just doesn't get his bonus

£657 million of debt (along with another £400 million from Poch achieving CL level ahead of the plan) have built those facilities.... thank GHod for Pochettino and his 4 CL finishes in a row, without them we'd be a billion in debt and probably bankrupted by this.

Ok so nothing to do with Levy? Mate turn it in, your starting to sound silly and bitter now

Ok so nothing to do with Levy? Mate turn it in, your starting to sound silly and bitter now
I like Levy. I think he has done well for us as our CEO. I don't think he walks on water however and I do worry about the debt from the huge overspend on the stadium, especially in light of the current situation. This furlough he has put in place for 220 staff is going to save the club, what? £1 million over the next 2 months. If we're that desperate not to even top up the £200k difference then we really must be skint.

I like Levy. I think he has done well for us as our CEO. I don't think he walks on water however and I do worry about the debt from the huge overspend on the stadium, especially in light of the current situation. This furlough he has put in place for 220 staff is going to save the club, what? £1 million over the next 2 months. If we're that desperate not to even top up the £200k difference then we really must be skint.

I don’t think it’s about being “that skint” it’s a case like Levy said, no one knows the future so let’s plan on what we know. It’s business 101

Salary.

Not taken, earned, he’s just doing a job.
Indeed. How does his pay compare to the director that runs Liverpool or Chelsea I wonder? I would imagine his package should be broadly similar to Chelsea and 20% lower than his equivalent at Liverpool (adjusted for turnover).

Indeed. How does his pay compare to the director that runs Liverpool or Chelsea I wonder? I would imagine his package should be broadly similar to Chelsea and 20% lower than his equivalent at Liverpool (adjusted for turnover).

I think he should be earning more myself, those clubs are playing on cheat mode, he actually has to be smart, any idiot can win when you don’t have to balance the books.

It’s less than his equivalent at United
Not last year it wasn't.

So even if we take Woodward and ignore the bonuses that make Levy higher paid.... there is currently one single director in the PL that earns more than Levy and he is heading up the biggest club in the PL (perhaps even the World?) with revenues of what? 70% more than THFCs?

What are Chelsea and Liverpool's highest paid directors paid by the way? I didn't actually go and look. I could be very wrong and they may also be getting paid £4 million + salaries.

I think he should be earning more myself, those clubs are playing on cheat mode, he actually has to be smart, any idiot can win when you don’t have to balance the books.

The key word in this post is “win”. As good as we were from 2010-2019 (2015-2019 in particular) we weren’t winning anything. This isn’t a dig at Levy as no chairman in football can influence results on the pitch outside of the boardroom or beyond their chequebooks but let’s not overstate our achievements here. Our most consistent league form since the 80s has yielded zero trophies. May sound harsh but it is what it is. Collectively that is on the players, managers and the board including Levy. You can’t have it both ways. If we won shed loads then people would rightly point to Levy’s business acumen as a major factor.

The key word in this post is “win”. As good as we were from 2010-2019 (2015-2019 in particular) we weren’t winning anything. This isn’t a dig at Levy as no chairman in football can influence results on the pitch outside of the boardroom or beyond their chequebooks but let’s not overstate our achievements here. Our most consistent league form since the 80s has yielded zero trophies. May sound harsh but it is what it is. Collectively that is on the players, managers and the board including Levy. You can’t have it both ways. If we won shed loads then people would rightly point to Levy’s business acumen as a major factor.

Fair point. He’s led the horse to water in the last 4 years.

The improvement has enabled us to appoint an elite manager though so I’m confident it’s only a a matter of time now.

Fair point. He’s led the horse to water in the last 4 years.

The improvement has enabled us to appoint an elite manager though so I’m confident it’s only a a matter of time now.
I guess the next 3 years will show us whether the last four years of (relative) success compared to what came immediately before was more down to the genius of the chairman or the manager. I have never hoped to be proved wrong about something more than this.

Not last year it wasn't.

So even if we take Woodward and ignore the bonuses that make Levy higher paid.... there is currently one single director in the PL that earns more than Levy and he is heading up the biggest club in the PL (perhaps even the World?) with revenues of what? 70% more than THFCs?

What are Chelsea and Liverpool's highest paid directors paid by the way? I didn't actually go and look. I could be very wrong and they may also be getting paid £4 million + salaries.
No idea about them
But I’d argue that uniteds on field side under him has been worse than ours and growth wise proportionality we have done better than anyone off the pitch

As the most profitable club in the league it's hard to argue Levy doesn't deserve his high wage, from a business stand point anyway
I guess if that is what Lewis is judging him on then fair enough. Wouldn't it be lovely though to have owners that want to win things instead of their primary objective being to maximise their own investment?

Back