• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

@DubaiSpur what we’re seeing here are the different type of owners in the game
vanity project owners like city and Leicester who own a club as a play thing as their main means of income is elsewhere (oil and modern slavery for City and Retail for LCFC). And you can add Neverton to that now who do course have the shady ownership of the Russian behind them too
Then you have people who buy a club cos they could and don’t really have a plan with it so will do the minimum they can get away with like Southampton and West Ham...
Then you get owners form
Investment organisations who are companies that make their money through.... investment. That’s us and pool in this league. We’re owned by investment companies that were set up years ago to invest in companies. Their source of income is just that... profit in investments
And then you have the exploration owners like united and arsenal who take the money out to pay for other things like a new stadium in the USA (kronke ) or to cover for their real estate problems (Glazers) and in their case saddle the club with debt too
You get clubs like Burnley and Norwich who I feel sorry for as their genuinely invested in their communities in relatively small geographical areas and are run properly too
Has Kronke actually taken any money out of Arsenal?

I certainly don't make promises to employees about subjects like redundancy unless I can guarantee it. You can't treat people's livelihoods like that.

When making redundancies in the past I've been asked by key staff if their jobs were safe and, as much as I wanted to reassure them, the best I could do is tell them they'd be last out of the door with the directors if it came to it.

People make life choices based on guarantees from employers, often costly ones. You can't make those promises whilst any events are out of your control.
I’ve often gone the other way and culled directors first
A guarantee is something the guarantor can back - they can't make a conditionless guarantee like this because it might be out of their hands.

If, for example, in a month the govt announces a 80% tax on betting firms (including witholding taxes) to pay for the costs of this pandemic, they won't be able to make good on their guarantee. Which means it isn't a guarantee, it's empty words.

That's why sensible people running sensible businesses use phrases like "the company will endeavour to...." Or "all attempts will be made...."
They are registered in Malta so would be absolutely fine.

Interesting. How and how much?

Not sure, just know it happened.

This post is totally disproportionate to the issue.

Roman and the old Leicester owner made the money that’s now pumped into their clubs by killing people and aligning with corrupt rulers.

Levy putting the staff on Furlough pales in comparison

Not sure, just know it happened

Roman and the old Leicester owner made the money that’s now pumped into their clubs by killing people and aligning with corrupt rulers.

Personally I think the thing that many are missing (perhaps because they don’t want to consider it) in all this is that the club are skint and serious financial danger.

I can’t think of another reason why Levy would put up with the adverse publicity over what is probably £2 million at most.

Not sure, just know it happened.

Arsenal paid his consultancy company £3 million in 2014/15 and the same in 2015/16. Nothing since. He has taken less out of Arsenal than Levy has out of Spurs.

Personally I think the thing that many are missing (perhaps because they don’t want to consider it) in all this is that the club are skint and serious financial danger.

I can’t think of another reason why Levy would put up with the adverse publicity over what is probably £2 million at most.

I just don’t see the reason why the club would put them self at any risk when there is a scheme that is there to use that takes some of the burden away?

Levy made a point people want to ignore...no one knows how long this will last of the lasting affect, so why not control now what you can?

Arsenal paid his consultancy company £3 million in 2014/15 and the same in 2015/16. Nothing since. He has taken less out of Arsenal than Levy has out of Spurs.

What’s levy taken out other than his salary?

The set up is not the same, when both clubs are sold Kronke takes his money as does Lewis, Levy has some shares but it’s not the same as Kronke

I can, because he's run the numbers and it's the right thing to do for the future of the club.

What’s levy taken out other than his salary?

The set up is not the same, when both clubs are sold Kronke takes his money as does Lewis, Levy has some shares but it’s not the same as Kronke
That's just because Kroenke owns more of Arsenal than Levy does of Spurs.

Levy took £7 million in salary and bonus last year. That is more in one year than the Kroenke family have taken out of Arsenal in total.

I’m told so
He takes money and ships it to the states
Their a private company though so who knows
£3 million, twice. Nothing since 2016. It's an Arsenal fan myth. He has spent over £1 billion of his personal fortune towards the Rams' new stadium. Arsenal fans think he should instead be spending that on Arsenal.

That's just because Kroenke owns more of Arsenal than Levy does of Spurs.

Levy took £7 million in salary and bonus last year. That is more in one year than the Kroenke family have taken out of Arsenal in total.

Because he is a full time employee, Kronke employs a Levy at Arsenal.

Levy isn’t “taking money”

Gazidis was on nearly 3m a year at Arsenal, people in high levels get paid high level wages

I’m told so
He takes money and ships it to the states
Their a private company though so who knows
They are still a PLC and have to submit accounts. All monies paid to directors have to be stated. £3m was stated as going to Kroenke's consultancy company in 2015 and same in 2016, that's it.

Because he is a full time employee, Kronke employs a Levy at Arsenal.

Levy isn’t “taking money”
I think next best paid CEO in the PL is Gazidis at Arsenal on £2.65m. The difference between that and Levy's pay last year in one single year is almost as much as Kroenke has taken out of Arsenal in total.

I think next best paid CEO in the PL is Gazidis at Arsenal on £2.65m. The difference between that and Levy's pay last year in one single year is almost as much as Kroenke has taken out of Arsenal in total.

And Levy leadership has seen the club move into Europe and CL, new training facilities and the best football stadium in the world. IG saw his club regress whilst not having to deal with such problems. It’s called levels and it’s also called a salary

And Levy leadership has seen the club move into Europe and CL, new training facilities and the best football stadium in the world. IG saw his club regress whilst not having to deal with such problems. It’s called levels and it’s also called a salary
£657 million of debt (along with another £400 million from Poch achieving CL level ahead of the plan) have built those facilities.... thank GHod for Pochettino and his 4 CL finishes in a row, without them we'd be a billion in debt and probably bankrupted by this.

Back