• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I wonder if the is a little bit of friction between him and Poch now. It looked like Levy might have farted at one point as he seemed to lift up to one side like you do when sat down and trying to fart, he knew Poch was sat behind him. First time I have ever really seen them together what with Poch sat in the stand and the camera constantly going to him.

Also all the talk was that Levy wanted to sign young British players from the championship and Poch not thinking they are good enough. Makes you wonder is it the end of a great love affair.

I wonder if the is a little bit of friction between him and Poch now. It looked like Levy might have farted at one point as he seemed to lift up to one side like you do when sat down and trying to fart, he knew Poch was sat behind him. First time I have ever really seen them together what with Poch sat in the stand and the camera constantly going to him.

Also all the talk was that Levy wanted to sign young British players from the championship and Poch not thinking they are good enough. Makes you wonder is it the end of a great love affair.

If we finish 5th, we will find out...stay tuned....:eek:

I don't think poch is under any threat, DL knows this isn't all of pochs making.
Hopefully it will lead to both of them being brave, poch taking a chance on players and DL on being a little looser with purse strings.

You mean like last summer?;)
The opposite of last summer, we aren't always goi g to get our first choice and poch nerds to realise that and have more than one target.
DL needs to be ready to back him.
I do think DL would have spent if poch had said he really wanted a certain player.

The opposite of last summer, we aren't always goi g to get our first choice and poch nerds to realise that and have more than one target.
DL needs to be ready to back him.
I do think DL would have spent if poch had said he really wanted a certain player.

I think Poch did and has often said which player(s) he wants...it was Poch that publicly said we needed to 'be brave' and 'do things differently and earlier'...well we know how that panned out and we i feel are reaping what we sowed..

However, it is also possible Poch has indeed also been overly stubborn on targets....if we finish 5th i think we will find out for sure one way or another...

Moving in without CL football is really going to tinkle him off, I don’t think Poch is in the hot seat any time soon but if we start poorly next season it could heat up quickly.

If we start next season with our new stadium being the best in the Europa League, Poch will be gone...the only thing will be whether he walked or was pushed...

Moving in without CL football is really going to tinkle him off, I don’t think Poch is in the hot seat any time soon but if we start poorly next season it could heat up quickly.

I would hope he doesn’t notice!;)
Pochettino is still ok in my book!

Levy cant afford to sack him. 4 years left on a contract 7m a year, if Madrid turn their attentions elsewhere it will be like the Brexit negotiations, I wonder if we end up with a no deal(Sherwood coming back)

Poch is perfect for Levy and us now. No money and able to develop players.

It felt like some of the sticky plasters Poch has applied peeled off a bit today. Toby, Dembele, no Eriken rotation option...Poch can't fashion experienced quality out of thin air. We missed a little extra quality today second half. Poch might have brought on Wanyama imo and maybe should have played more experienced defenders away from home.

How Poch and the squad react in 3 weeks and the run in is what matters though. We'll all forgot today if we get top 4 and make the CL final - why not!?

Levy cant afford to sack him. 4 years left on a contract 7m a year, if Madrid turn their attentions elsewhere it will be like the Brexit negotiations, I wonder if we end up with a no deal(Sherwood coming back)

Poch could walk without a penny, if he feels he's taken the club as far as he can AND he wasn't backed last year...alternatively, i think Levy wouldn't think twice to pull the trigger if he blamed Poch for us going into the new stadium in Europa League...

How pivital is the finale of the season and summer for us now?

Do well in the CL and get it for next season and we go into the new stadium, new reality, fully focused on an upwards trajectory. Miss out, and try to deal with a changing of the old guard - potentially Toby, Eriksen, Dembele even Verts and Rose - and we have a complete rebuilding processes. Feels like a pivital time for our club. And maybe DL and Poch are trying to hold it all together at the moment.

I have supreme confidence in the pair. Levy has shown time and again he can make changes and rebuild the club to be stronger. Poch has shown how effective he is at analysing and imporving players. The pair need to get this next 6 months right, its an exciting time, but must be squeekey bum time at the top. They control the future, lets hope they kick us on. We can be secure in Levy and Poch's clear and obvious intelligence. They know what is going on. They know what needs to be done. Doing it with less money may not be easy, but I trust them more than any other chairman-manager pair in the Prem.

Last edited:
Ok then, what is/was it Steff? And why is it not working (see the number of losses this season compared to previous ones, and look at the teams being lost to..)

I have given my take before.
Here it is again.
Being “brave” meant not spunking money on bodies to fill the squad when those bodies are a gamble. We simply cannot fudging afford anymore Njies, Nkoudous, Janssens, Stamboulis. These players are most unhelpful.

Furthermore, we needed Toby and Dembele to leave this summer, not wage-price themselves out of a move. When you approach players you want, they see the likes of them and wonder what their first team opps really are?!!!!

It is circumstance. Everyone bangs on about “buying” but “buy who?”
I never see WHO we should’ve gone for.
I know we wanted DeJong and he chose Barca.
I hear we are very serious about De Ligt, but Toby then needs to go. It becomes about squad numbers and sizes.

As for the loss list, come on, we have had ONE draw this season which says everything.

I have been disappointed recently but I do think some of the stuff recently has been well OTT...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If we end up in the EL which personally i have now resigned myself to 6th place with anything more a bonus, then due to the consequences and the long road back, for the first time I’d be open to a Emirates Marketing Project style takeover.

As sad as that is I think it would be our only way to winning the league and CL because imo missing out on CL qualification this season will have dire consequences for us.

We wont drop out of the top 6 but due to players needing to be replaced and others going that we’d like to keep and replacements not being of top level, then 5th and 6th place is what i can see us consistently getting, with the occassional EL QF.

I cant take anymore of that.

I have given my take before.
Here it is again.
Being “brave” meant not spunking money on bodies to fill the squad when those bodies are a gamble. We simply cannot fudging afford anymore Njies, Nkoudous, Janssens, Stamboulis. These players are most unhelpful.

Furthermore, we needed Toby and Dembele to leave this summer, not wage-price themselves out of a move. When you approach players you want, they see the likes of them and wonder what their first team opps really are?!!!!

It is circumstance. Everyone bangs on about “buying” but “buy who?”
I never see WHO we should’ve gone for.
I know we wanted DeJong and he chose Barca.
I hear we are very serious about De Ligt, but Toby then needs to go. It becomes about squad numbers and sizes.

As for the loss list, come on, we have had ONE draw this season which says everything.

I have been disappointed recently but I do think some of the stuff recently has been well OTT...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

"Being brave" also means taking a short-term hit on transfer fees etc to get a player off the roster to make space for said signings; if the players didn't want to lower their wage demands from a buying club why don't we make their transfer fees more attractive to get the deal done? BOGOF deals if done early? This is possibly what is meant by Poch in "being brave" or "doing things differently" etc

Tbh given our reputation for paying wages often way below our competitors I'm not sure our players "wage-pricing themselves out of a move" is more realistic than us slapping far too big price tags..

Poch showed his bravery last season when he constantly played Sanchez over him; now he has had to go back and play him....That's likely because either a) the hierarchy weren't brave and Pochettino has to go back tail between legs and play Toby (possibly undermining his longterm authority with the players or b) Pochettino has simply lost his own bravery and is now playing players who previously he would have bombed our when they showed similar attitudes (Walker, Townsend)

Either way, Pochettino's warning and requests "to act differently" were clearly not heeded. If they were, he wouldn't again be talking about "how we need to do things differently" as quoted in the tweet in the Pochettino thread...

Back